Unexpected Love

20 Questions

After a night of passionate love making Eden and Colin lay facing each other. Eden was tracing one of Colin’s tattoos on his arm. Colin was staring at Eden. He thought she looked so beautiful with no makeup on and her natural wavy hair flowing smoothly against the pillow. Her aqua eyes were full of love and admiration for the man in front of her.
“Let’s play a game.” Eden said.
“Ok.”
“I will ask you twenty questions, and then you ask me twenty questions.”
“Ok go ahead.”
“What would you be doing if you couldn’t play football?”
“I don’t know probably putting my degree to good use.” He said laughing slightly.
“Ok, if you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?”
“Bora Bora or Italy.”
“Where are we getting married?” Eden asked smiling.
“Let’s go to Vegas and get married by Elvis.” He said as they both shared a laugh.
“When do you want to get married?”
“Whenever you’re ready.”
“What makes me happy?”
“Me.” He said smiling.
“Besides you dork.”
“Caffeine, alcohol, Brutus, Harper, your family and that includes mine, Hawaii, chocolate, animals, me, me and oh yea me.” He said laughing.
“Yes Colin you are the center of my world. So what makes you happy?”
“My family, my faith, football.”
“Gee thanks, you’re the center of my universe and I don’t even get a shout out.” She said feigning hurt.
“You don’t make me happy. I mean you do but words can’t describe how you make me feel. You make me feel more than happy.” He said kissing her nose.
“Nice save. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you? And don’t say me because that is not true.”
“My family is one, getting drafted in the NFL and whether you like it or not you are one of the best things.”
“Are you in love with me.?”
“Yes I love you.” he said rolling his eyes.
“No I mean are you in love with me. They’re two separate things. You can love someone but not be in love with them. Like I love my brother but I’m not in love with him. That’s just sick. I don’t even know why I used that as a comparison.” She said rambling.
“Yes I am in love with you.” He laughed.
“Why do you like to drive me crazy?” she said smiling.
“Because it brings out a wild, dominant side to you. And I know if I do we have awesome make up sex. Hence where we are right now.”
“All you think about is sex.” She said poking his chest.
“I’m a guy.” He shrugged.
“What’s your favorite food?”
“I don’t know pizza I guess.”
“Would you have come to Hawaii if decided to never come back?” she asked tearing up a little.
“To be honest I don’t know. I never thought about it. I think I might have but I’m thankful you did decide to come home. It saved me from having to face your dad.”
“Are you really that scared of him?”
“Psh no!”
“I’ll have to tell dad you’re scared of him. You know he did teach me how to shoot guns.” She said laughing.
“That’s a scary thought. Kind of hot though, you with a gun.” He said spacing out.
“I’ll take you to the gun range sometime. What do you like most about me?”
“Your smile. Even just a small smile is the cutest thing because you have these tiny dimples that pop out and I just want to poke them.” he said poking her cheeks when she smiled.
“Hmm. If you were stranded on an island what are three things you would take with you?”
“Matches to start a fire, cell phone and something to keep me entertained.”
“Interesting choices. What’s the first thing you want to do when you go home?”
“Sleep in my own bed.”
“Favorite movie?”
“Gladiators.”
“Already knew that but was double checking. Favorite TV show?”
“Family Guy but you already knew that one too.”
“I’m running out of questions. Um do you want a family with me?”
“Yea someday. I don’t know if I’m ready now.”
“Fair enough. How many kids do you want?”
“1 or 2. Let’s see how the first one turns out then we can see about another.” He said laughing.
“Ok last one. What would you do if I told you I possibly might be pregnant?”
“Are you joking or is this like a scenario question or do you think you really might be?”
“I think I am.” She said not meeting his eyes.
“…”
“I took a test before I left and it was positive.”
“But when we were talking you had a bottle of tequila next to you.”
“I didn’t drink any of it.”
“Are you sure?”
“No, I took a test, it said positive. I didn’t go to the doctor.”
“How far along do you think you are?”
“I don’t know. We never used protection so who knows.”
“Wow.” He said putting his hands on his face.
“That’s not a good wow is it?”
“I don’t know what to think.”
“Me either.”
“Let’s not worry until we have a positive result from a doctor.”
“Would it be a bad thing if I was?”
“No. I mean it’s soon. Really soon but we weren’t responsible so we have to take responsibility for our actions. I would have liked to have been married first and in our own house but I guess we can do this backwards.” He said pulling her next to him.
“I don’t want you to hate me.”
“I would never hate you. Yea we were irresponsible but we’ll accept this as a blessing in disguise.”
“It’s your turn.”
“For what?”
“Your twenty questions.”
“Oh ok. If we are having a baby what do you want?”
“A boy.”
“Why?”
“I can’t handle another me. Look at Harper. She’s just like me. I want a little you.”
“What if it is a boy and it’s like you?”
“No he’ll be like you.”
“What do you want to name it?”
“I don’t know I haven’t thought of any names yet. Probably after your and my dad or my mom and your mom. Keep it in the family.”
“I want it to have its own unique name.”
“Well then you can name it and if I don’t like it we’ll name it what I want to name it.”
“Deal.” He said shaking her hand.
“Do you think you’re ready to be a mom?”
“I think so but I’m scared.”
“I’m scared too.”
“You’re scared? You’re not the one who has to push it out of your Nether region.” Eden said pointing to Colin’s crotch.
“You’re making me hurt.”
“Good. This is half your fault.” She said laughing.
“Are you excited about starting your job on Monday?”
“Yes and no.”
“Why?”
“Yes because I’m finally getting to do what I love and no because I have to leave you.”
“It will be ok. What’s the first thing you want to do when I get home?”
“Eat ice cream and snuggle in bed and watch movies all day.” She said giggling.
“Sounds like a plan. What would you have done if you hadn’t come back and I didn’t go after you?”
“I probably would have tried to move on. Though I know it would never work. I would have tried to accept the fact that maybe you could find someone who actually is good for you and deserves you. I would have decided to be alone. If I couldn’t have the one I wanted then I didn’t want anyone else. I think I would have come back eventually.”
“I’m glad you did.”
“Me too.”
“Where do you want to go for our honeymoon?”
“Somewhere we can be alone.”
“That doesn’t give me any ideas. There are a lot of places we can be alone.”
“Surprise me.”
“When do you want to get married?”
“I don’t know. I’m happy where we’re at right now. Like you said we’re going to do it backwards anyway. Might as well wait.”
“Were you really going to leave?”
“Yes. I had everything packed and ready to go. I figured you didn’t care or want me anymore. You seemed to be having a pretty good time without me.”
“Why were Evan and Tanya there?”
“To talk me out of it. They knew we were being stupid and stubborn.”
“I’m glad they did.”
“I am too.”
“Are you happy you’re here?”
“Yep.” she said starting to yawn.
“You need to sleep.”
“I’m good.”
“Yea sure.” he said sarcastically.
“Really I’m fine.”
“We need to find something to call the baby. I don’t like referring to it as it. It’s a human being.”
“You just called it an it like 3 times already. But how about lil’ Kaep?”
“I like it. I still have to ask you like 7 more questions.”
“That’s ok. I was getting bored.” She said laughing.
“I had to answer 20!”
“Fine ask me anything.”
“What’s childbirth like?”
“I don’t know. From my mom’s experience with Harper it looked really painful. She yelled at Jack a lot and told him she wanted a divorce and that if he ever touched her again she would kill him. So I imagine mine will be similar.” She said laughing.
“Oh man that sucks. I have a feeling you’ll threaten to cut my thing off.”
“No I like it too much.” she said laughing
“Well that’s nice to know that I’m only good for one thing.”
“You’re the one who wants to get it in all the time.”
“I don’t hear you complaining.”
“Nope and look where it got us.” She said pointing to her stomach.
“Yea but it will be an exciting challenge. I always thought we’d wait a long, long time but I guess that’s what we get when we take chances.”
“I guess some chances are worth taking.”
“Was I a chance you had to take?”
“Yea, I had to let down so many walls to let you in. I was tired of being lonely and you turned out to be one of the best chances.”
“I thought of a name for a boy.”
“What is it?”
“Chance.”
“That’s cute I like it.”
“Chance Kaepernick, has a nice ring to it.”
“What about a middle name?”
“You can pick.”
“I like Lucas.” Eden said.
“Chance Lucas Kaepernick. Well if it’s a boy and he hates his first name he has a pretty good middle name he can go by.”
“Well we got one named picked out. We need one for a girl.”
“What do you like?”
“I don’t know you came up with a pretty good first name for a boy. Let’s see what you can come up with for a girl.”
“I like Colleen. She can kind of be named after me.”
“That is adorable.”
“You pick the middle name.”
“Well if she’s going to kind of be named after you we might as well let her have Rand.”
“Colleen Rand Kaepernick. Our baby is going to be awesome.”
“Just because of the name?”
“Well Lil’ Kaep has awesome parents so it’s only natural that he or she will be awesome.”
“Wow our kid is going to be so full of themselves.” She said nudging Colin.
“Nah, just overly confident.”
“I’m really happy you’re happy about this. I was scared to death to tell you.”
“Why?”
“You kind of freaked out when I told you about Tanya having a baby and you thought it was actually me who was pregnant. That was the most horrifying look I’ve ever seen. And you said you wanted to wait.”
“To be honest what guy wouldn’t freak out when their girl tells them they’re having a kid?”
“I think we’re past your twenty questions.”
“Probably. I wasn’t even counting. But seriously we’ll get through this. I’m here for you every step of the way.”
“I know and I’ll try not to be too much of a crazy hormonal bitch.” She said joking.
“I can’t believe we stayed up all night.” Colin said looking at the clock that read 5:37 AM.
“We should probably get some sleep then. Don’t you have workouts today?” Eden said sleepily.
“No, I needed to take a break. I was getting sore.”
“Kay.”
“Go to sleep. I love you.” he said kissing her forehead and pulling her to wear she was lying on his chest.
“I love you too.” She said barely audible.
“I love you too Lil Kaep.”