Big Girl Panties

animal in the sack

“Get that smile off your face.” Trixie laughed as she pulled a few tissues from the box to wipe the ultrasound jelly off her stomach. Her back was still sore and cursed the doctors as there was nothing that could be done about the pain brought on by their perfectly healthy son kickboxing her right kidney.

Daniel leaned back in the chair and laced his fingers behind his head. “What can I say, baby? I’m an animal in the sack.”

At that point the only thing Trixie could do was roll her eyes as she hopped off the bed and began searching for her clothes. The hospital was rather drafty and with nothing on under her paper thin gown she wanted to get cozy in her sweats. She held out her hand for Dan to hand her the light blue lace panties she had been wearing. “If were as good as you think you are, we wouldn’t be here right now.”

Dan stood up and handed Trixie the rest of her clothes. Now it was her turn to smirk. “And she hits below the belt.”

Shimming into her clothes, Trixie held on to his shoulder as she slipped her shoes back on. She knew Dan would never let her forget this trip to the Edmonton ER, as it would sure make for a good conversation when they showed up at the rink. She took a second to collect herself, relieved by the fact there was nothing medically wrong with either her or the baby. With the stress the baby had put on her kidney from kicking it all day, combined with the UTI she had developed and the trauma she had received the previous nights of rough sexual run, the doctor wasn’t surprised at all by the slight bleeding Trixie had experienced. It had stopped before she even reached the hospital, but as concerned parents, Dan and Trixie decided a trip would be in their best interest.

Although Trixie had been advised by the doctor not to do any heavy lifting due to the tenderness in her back, both she and Dan knew that wasn’t going to stop her from claiming her spot behind the bench.

“You have a sex injury.” Dan giggled.

Trixie playfully—and rather hard—punched him in the arm. “Yeah, a sex injury that you caused that nearly gave the both of us a heart attack.”

Grabbing Trixie’s hands, Dan balled them with his pressed them to his chest, “Can you please start taking it easy? It’s only going to get harder from here on out and I need you stay healthy. You do realize when you see your doc back in the city, after hearing about this visit, you’re more than likely done for the season.”

“Yes, I will start taking it easy.” Trixie answered honestly. “No thanks to you and your dick.”



Juggling her keys to find the one that unlocked her front door, Dan took her duffle as she pushed the door open. The soft light from the moon illuminated the small front room as she had forgotten to close the blinds before leaving for Vancouver. Dan had dropped both hers and his duffle beside the door before he toed off his shoes and claimed a cushion on the sofa. He easily made himself at home, propping him feet up on the cherry wood coffee table and reaching for the remote. It was nearly three in the morning and he was nowhere near tired. Something Dan knew would come back to bite him in the ass tomorrow midafternoon.

Trixie sat down beside Dan. He wrapped his arm around his shoulder and placed a gentle kiss to her temple. He made a memory of her scent; grapefruit shampoo and pear body spray. Deciding against turning on the television to enjoy the rare moment of silence with Trixie, Dan ditched the remote and maneuvered their bodies so she was close to his body and wrapped tightly in his arms. There was no feeling he loved more than her being in his arms and Dan wished he would never have to let her go. Placing a hand on her belly, he could feel the light kicks of the baby as he moved around inside her.

Dan wasn’t sure what he would have done if the visit to the Emergency Room just twenty-four house ago had turned out with a different outcome than it had. He didn’t want to dwell on it, Trixie was fine, the baby was fine but he wasn’t sure if he was fine. His emotions were running wilder than a sixteen year old girl. If it were up to him, until October Trixie would stay in and worry about nothing other than growing a beautiful, strong and healthy future NHL player. Nevertheless, Trixie was Trixie and there was no way nothing would ever stop Trixie from doing what she wanted. She was too much of a free spirit, but not too much for him to handle.

“Can we go to bed, please? I’m exhausted.” Trixie mumbled into the curve of Dan’s neck as her fingers tangled in the locks of his brown hair.

Dan had no problem granting her request. It wouldn’t hurt for him to try and at least catch a few hours of sleep. “I’d carry you, but, you’re too heavy for me to do that.”

Wiggling out of Dan’s arms, she caught a glance of his cocked smile and shook her head. “Jackass.”

Stripping down into her boyshort panties and a wifebeater tank, Trixie crawled into bed beside Dan and snuggled as close to him as possible, relishing in the heat radiation off his body. After one last kiss to his lips, Trixie draped her arm across his chest and fell into the most blissful sleep.

Like clockwork, Trixie was up seven hours later. She was no longer able to sleep past the hour of ten AM. The scent of fresh coffee and sausage swirled around Trixie’s condo and that was precisely what dragged Trixie out of bed. She had been surprised not to find Dan still sleeping beside her, but if he was willing to get up and make breakfast, she had no problem waking up alone.

Standing at the countertop fully dressed, Dan poured waffle mix into the hot iron. “Good morning, Sleeping Beauty.”

Dan was distracted with the waffle iron and Trixie thought she had gone unnoticed as she poured herself a cup of coffee. She hadn’t. Before she could mix the French Vanilla creamer into the hot, black liquid, Dan confiscated the mug from her, claiming it as his own.

“I ran out and picked up a gallon of orange juice. You should be drinking more water and juice. No more coffee and energy drinks and soda to keep you going.”

She wanted to punch him. He was officially taking away the one cup of coffee she was allowed. Taking the tall glass of orange juice from him, Trixie was thankful she hadn’t brushed her teeth yet. She thanked him with a kiss.

Taking her waffle, sausages and her juice, Trixie slid into barstool. Slathering on the butter and syrup, Trixie wasted no time in digging in.

“Be ready to leave by noon.” Dan instructed as he topped off her glass.

“What do you have up your sleeve?” She eyed him.

A sly smile spread across Dan’s lips as he began to prepare himself a waffle. “Don’t you worry.”

At noon sharp, Trixie finished lacing up her Converse. She held her hands out as she needed help standing up and Dan laughed as he pulled her to her feet. They were both dressed in jeans, hooded zip-up sweatshirts and aviator sunglasses. Dan had on the Chicago Cubs ball cap Trixie had purchased him over a year ago when he first moved to the City.

Lacing his fingers with hers, Dan held Trixie’s hand tight as they began walking down Monroe towards the United Center. Trixie only lived about 2 miles from the arena and during the first few months of the hockey season often either walked or bussed it to the arena depending on the weather.

The sun was shining bright and the breeze was cool, but not cold enough to send them back into heavy coats, scarves and hats. When she asked Dan where they were going, she had gotten the same generic answer he had given her the last three times he asked. Normally Trixie would have become frustrated over that fact, but the day was far too perfect for anything to get in the way. What more could she ask for? She had Dan by her side, a kicking baby in her belly and sunshine in the sky. The only thing, she realized, that could possibly make the day any better was if Dan popped the question. She had a feeling he was up to something. He was acting out the norm.

About a mile to their walk, Dan abruptly stopped and turned Trixie’s attention to a man who was nonchalantly standing on the sidewalk, gabbing away on his cell phone. Trixie had no idea who he was, but Dan clearly did. As Dan waved him down, the mystery man cut his phone call short and made his way over to the couple.

“Trixie,” Dan pointed. “This is Alex.”

Trixie extended her hand and said her “Nice to meet you” before Dan had finished what he was going to say.

“He helped me find my condo when I first moved here.”

Trixie was confused. That was until she turned to her left and saw the “For Sale” sign in front of the townhouse they had stopped in front of. A large smile spread across Trixie’s face, showing off her pearly white teeth. Dan couldn’t help but mimic her smile, showing off a full set as he had put his 2 front teeth in before leaving the condo.

“Are you serious?!” Trixie cupped her mouth with one hand as she turned around to look at the three story Chelsea townhouse.

“Yeah. We both live in one bedroom condos and we’ll need the extra space. You’re a pain in the ass but I can’t imagine living with anyone else. I love you, Trixie.”

She was trying her best not to cry. This was surely a surprise she had not seen coming but she was ready to make the leap of faith. The feeling was mutual, there was no other person she would rather share a home and be with…even though Dan was a rather pain in the ass, too.