Status: Not complete, if you want updates, please let me know. :] Please Comment?

A Tag Story

Thoughts

(Hailee’s POV)

I now found myself wondering back to the park, making excuses in my head as to why I felt compelled to go back. I told myself things such as, “I need to get out of the house more.” or “I could really get closer to nature this way.” (That’s by far the dumbest one I came up with; I didn't hate nature, but it really didn't consume my mind as much as other less humanitarian things did). Lying to oneself isn't always as easy as it sounds in songs and books; it’s more a figure of speech than anything else. I mean you can be the most fantastic liar that ever lived, but you really never can lie to yourself because you know what the truth is. If you really tried and you genuinely believed it without a doubt, you probably have a personality disorder and you should get that checked out.

I had been staring so intently at my feet through my whole thought process, that at first, I hadn't noticed him staring at me with a look of confusion on his face. When I finally came back to reality, I noticed him and smiled that really dumb smile I always did. As a kid, when passing people in the car or in the store, really anyone that I came into contact with, I’d do this weird closed mouth, no teeth, smile that really was more awkward than just staring at them blankly. I never quite broke that habit. “What are you doing?” He laughed his words out. Maybe I’d looked more ridiculous than I had imagined all this time. At loss for smoother words, I went with the easiest answer, “I don’t know,” I laughed shaking my head. He nodded slowly, as if taking that in. As if three words with such simplicity needed that much effort to be taken in and processed. “Are you here to see my latest work?” He winked. That kind of bugged me that he was so full of himself, he really didn't seem all too different from everyone else I’d met. He’s cute, I’ll give him that, but he certainly hadn't cured cancer.

“No, I've come to play on the playground.”

“Okay,” he rolled his eyes. “That playground probably isn't clean…” I paused for a moment to think about what he meant. I shuttered as all the grotesque images flooded my usually clean mind. Even though he really probably didn't care if I touched the tainted playground, I still refrained from getting on it.

I watched silently, in awe as he pulled out of his bag, a giant poster-board cutout of something. I wasn’t quite sure what it was, but I watched until he was finished, what he revealed after the last cutout was removed was a giant, walking television. I didn’t understand, but I also didn’t ask. I didn’t want to sound stupid, and for some reason, I just felt better not saying anything.

He backed away, as if looking it over for any imperfections. That’s what was so beautiful about it though. The whole idea was imperfect and taboo, but it had more truth to it than I’d realized. I wasn’t quite sure why, but I loved it!

“Well, what do you think?” He turned around. I looked over like he had just seconds ago. I looked at him and than back at the wall, “Honestly, I don’t quite understand what it’s supposed to mean…” I trailed off, hoping he wouldn’t be offended by my ignorance. At first he just kind of looked at me, then he smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's so short, I was really struggling to go anywhere else after this point. I'll need some time to figure it, but I'll most likely add some on later. Thanks for reading it though and thanks for the patience! :]

*NOTE*
There will be an alternative story of this one. I'm going to leave this one up, but I'm going to write another with these characters and same story line (Kinda) but it will have another story line too. You'll see! :] When I get the first chapter I'll post it, and put the name up!