Status: Active.

Ghost in the Mirror

Chapter 10

Ricky's P.O.V

"No."

"Aww come on, don't be such a wimp!" Josh whines. It's not like he's going to change my mind, I've already pissed off the thing upstairs, and playing around with a fucking ouji board isn't going to help the problem.

"It's a stupid idea, we're not doing it." I tell him, but of course Balz isn't defeated that easily.

"Give me a good reason why not."

"Because it threw over a fucking table at me, is that a good enough reason?" I question, my voice raising lightly.

"Ricky's right, this thing is dangerous!" Angelo comments, before walking over and standing next to me. Josh rolls his eyes before walking out of the kitchen, I quickly follow after him and growl as he begins to climb up the stairs.

"Joshua Balz, I will shove that God damn ouji board so far up your ass so that it'll never be seen again." I threaten while following him, the guy's also climbing the stairs after us.

"I'm not sure that you'll be able to reach, being a short ass an all." He jokes, making a few muffled sniggers emerge from behind me. I grind my teeth together in annoyance, they might be my friends, but at the moment I'm close to skinning them alive.

When we reach the corridor, Balz looks back at us all. I shake my head towards him, and I can see Angelo do the same from beside me. But of course he just smiles and keeps walking down the corridor. Sighing I follow him down, mum will kill me if the thing ends up breaking something.

Once we reach the door Balz doesn't look so confident anymore. The whole house is silent, only the rustling of trees can be heard from outside along with our shuffling feet. Slowly Balz takes hold of the handle and lets it creak open. The cold air soon hits us all, making Ryan cross his arms and Chris shiver from beside me.

The desk is still flat on the floor, making me gulp and step back. A quiet whisper of the wind swirls around the room...Well, let's hope it was the wind. Ryan pushes past me lightly and slowly walks into the room, Balz quickly follows and then Chris. Leaving me and Angelo stood in the door way.

"Guys come on, do you want to find out why the Ghost is here or not?" Ryan sighs, making me think for a second. It would be nice to know...ah fuck it.

"Fine." I grumble before stepping inside and turning to Ange.

"We might as well." I give him a shrug. He sighs and steps inside, making Balz cheer lightly.

We all crowd around and watch as Balz finishes setting up the board, it doesn't take too long luckily. We all take a seat around the board, and stare at Balz who is reading the instructions. I take the extra time to look around the room. There is one or two damp patches in corners and now that I look closely there seem to be scratches all over the floor.

Frowning, I look around me quickly and spot some a few inches away. Shuffling closer I notice four in total, they aren't that deep and look like they could of been caused by...fingernails. I slowly run my finger over the surface, tracing the long marks along the wooden floorboards. The things that could of happened in this house...

"Ricky, pay attention god dammit." Balz snaps, I spin back around and meet everyone's questioning stares. I sigh and shuffle forward into the circle again. Time to do this.

Balz cracks his knuckles together before holding his hand out to Ryan, to which Ryan looks down at it in confusion.

"Dude, this shit only works when we hold hands." Balz explains. Ryan huffs but grabs hold of the hand, we all follow his lead and link hands. Chris wiggles his eyebrows at me, so I rip my hand away from Angelo and slap him around the head.

"Ow! Angelo! Ricky hit me!" Chris whines, making me roll my eyes.

"Can you two shut the fuck up? We are trying to contact Casper the angry ghost at the moment and you two aren't helping." Balz growls, and of course it only takes a few seconds before the lights start flickering and the window flies open.

"Well fucking done Balz, not even five minutes and you've already pissed it off." Ryan bickers, making Balz turn to him and open his mouth, ready to answer back. I quickly jump in.

"Oi! You're the one who wanted to do this bullshit, so get on with it." Chris and Angelo nod along with me and Balz sighs before turning around again to face the board.

"Tonight in the house of Olson, we try to contact the ghost that possesses this room." I snicker lightly, making Balz glare at me. You try and imagine Balz contacting ghosts without laughing.

"If the ghost is here, please make some sort of sign." He calls out. Jesus Christ the thing has just fucked with the electrical what more does he want?

We all wait in anticipation for the ghost to do something, but nothing really happens for a while. We all just sit around and stare at each other for a moment...well until Chris lets out a small yelp and disconnects our hand to punch me in the shoulder.

"Ow Chris! What the fuck man?!" I shout while holding my shoulder, does he not know how fucking strong he is?

"Next time don't fucking pinch me! That's going to leave a bruise!" He shouts back, making me frown.

"I didn't pinch you!"

"Will you two stop it for one-OW!" Angelo yells, before holding onto his side.

"I have a feeling this is the sign Balz, get on with the next part before we get punched in the face." Ryan tells him quickly while crossing his legs over, probably trying to protect his manly hood.

"Right, well, um...We have a board here with yes and no, it also has the alphabet and numbers to ten so you can spell things out and tell us dates." He explains, then Balz pulls out the arrow thing and places it on the board.

"Um, if you don't mind we want to ask you a few questions? Is that alright?" He asks, making us all look towards the arrow. We are there for about ten seconds until it suddenly jumps to the 'yes'. I look over to Chris who is looking quite impressed with Balz's communication.

"Right, okay...Ricky you can ask the first question." I blink rapidly and nod slightly before trying to think of a question. After about a minute all I can come up with is 'how old are you', which I scold myself for. Such imagination. Maybe I can ask a question about the past...And I have the perfect one.

"Um, years ago when I would of just been around eight...um, was it you who caused my dad to fall down the stairs?" I ask, my voice getting a little raspy towards the end of the sentence.

The boys know about my dad, about how abusive he was towards my mother and also the one time where he attacked me...but the thing is, no one knew why he seemed to have left me on the floor and make himself jump down the stairs.

The arrow moves slowly and we watch as it lands on the 'yes'. My eyes widen and I run a hand through my hair...he saved my life.

"Thank you." I whisper lightly, I force my mind away from the dark memories before looking up at the boys who give me small smiles.

"Um, Chris you can go next." I say, trying to change the subject.

He nods and looks towards the board, his eyebrows knitted together in concentration. It doesn't take long though, he soon has a question.

"When did you die?"

The arrow moves away from the yes and down to the numbers, we watch as it travels from one number to the other, finally giving us the year of 2000 I watch as Ryan clears his throat before speaking.

"What's your name?"

The arrow moves to the letters and quickly spells out the name 'Devin'. I smile lightly, for a ghost his name isn't the scariest thing in the world. Balz is next.

"Can you possess people and shit?" I sigh and hold the bridge of my nose, only fucking Balz.

"Really Balz?" Angelo asks, making Balz grin.

The arrow again moves across the board, spelling out 'dunno'.

"Aw come on dude, you've had ages to practise!" Balz complains, making us all sigh and tell him to be quiet. Everyone next looks over to Angelo who seems to of had his question sorted for a while now.

"Ricky said you took back the diary while he was showering and that he saw you in the mirror afterwards...you were totally checking him out weren't you?" He grins, I glare over at Angelo while my cheeks start to heat up, fucking twat. The guys all laugh making me blush even harder and hide in my arms.

I hear the arrow moving and I peek out to see it spell out the word 'hell', before it slides over to the 'yes'. I am never going to hear the end of this.

"Looks like you've got an admirer Ricky." Chris jokes while ruffling my hair, I glare at him lightly but let a small smile cross my lips.

I open my mouth again to ask another question, but a shout up the stairs stops me.

"Ricky! I'm back and I'm afraid the boys have to go home! It's getting late!" I sigh and look over to the boys who are looking rather grumpy about leaving. Obviously wanting more time with our new ghost friend.

We all stand up and the boys mutter a goodbye to Devin before walking out the door. I follow them and turn back, staring into the room before turning and shutting the door behind me.

We all walk downstairs and the boys give my mother a wave before they shuffle to the door. I follow after them and agree to meet up tomorrow, one after another they file out, but Chris stops back and grins.

"Have fun with the ghost, looks like he has a thing for you."

I blush and scowl towards him before pushing him out the front door and slamming it shut.

Tonight should be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long ;=; And it's kinda badly written so I apologise.