‹ Prequel: Breakout
Status: Sequel to Breakout.

Miss Missing You

Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Marie

Being in a whole new state was pretty weird. Moving from Baltimore, Maryland to Boston, Massachusetts was hard. I slept through half of the plane ride and barely ate anything. Today was the first day of college and I was nervous. I was never good at making new friends. If I make some.

"Excuse me," I heard someone say. I snapped out of my daydream and turned to the person who spoke. The person was in a car in front of me. He looked like he was about in his late twenties. He had brown hair that came up to his ears and freckles across his cheeks and nose.

"Hello?" I asked.

"You need a ride?"

"Umm," I began. Didn't my mom say never to talk to strangers? But I don't have a car down here so I have no way of going to college. "Yeah."

"Hop in, I'm a taxi," he said. I nodded. He got out of the car and helped me get the suitcase into the back trunk of the tiny car. He closed and hopped into the car. I got in passenger seat and we slowly drove away from the airport.

"My name's Jeff. Where you going?" The taxi man said.

"Harvard University," I said. Jeff raised his eyebrows and let out a low whistle.

"Harvard, eh? You must be really smart."

"Sort of."

Jeff laughed. "You're funny."

Suddenly my phone buzzed indicating that I had a text.

"Excuse me," I said as I answered the text.

Alex: You in Boston yet? I miss you already.

I smiled as I answered.

Marie: Yeah, I'm on my way to Harvard. I miss you too. A lot.

"Where are you from?" Jeff asked. "You don't have the Boston accent."

I shook my head. "I'm from Baltimore."

Jeff rasied his eyebrows again. "Traveled a long way to get here, eh?"

"Where are you from?"

"Toronto, Canada. Moved down here with my wife a couple years ago."

I smiled. Jeff wasn't so bad.

"Would you like some music?"

I nodded and Jeff turned on the radio. A heavy beat of pop music started playing in the car. Jeff wrinkled his nose and changed the channel.

"I hate pop music," he said.

"I sorta do too but some of it is actually good," I said.

"Some of it is good. Not all of it."

He changed the channel to a rock station.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Move Along by The All American Rejects. You should listen to them more, they're really good."

"My boyfriend likes to talk about them a lot," I said. "He's in a band."

"You're boyfriend is in a band? What's the band's name?"

"All Time Low. They're about to go on tour in a few weeks."

"Awesome! I'll look them up when I get home. And maybe grab myself a couple tickets to their show," Jeff winked. After five more minutes of driving, we were in front of Harvard University. I got out of the car and Jeff retrieved my suitcase out from the back. I was about to get out in money and pay him but he stopped me.

"It's free. Here's my card. If you ever want a drive anywhere, call this number," Jeff smiled. I mirrored it and thanked him. I walked into the entrance to the college. This place was huge. I still have no idea how I'm ever going to get around here. There were a few people standing around the front lobby. I walked over to them and waited. They were probably the new kids on the block, like me.

"Hiya!" I heard behind me. I turned around to find a blonde girl waving her hand back and forth at me. I smiled.

"Hi."

"What's your name?"

"Marie Chambers."

"You're Marie Chambers?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Don't you play chess?"

"Yeah."

"You know, my brother said that there's a great chess team in Harvard. Maybe you and I could join!"

"You play chess?" I asked. By looking at her appearance and her personality she honestly didn't seem smart enough. The blonde nodded.

"I'm Aimee," she said. I smiled at her. A beep came from my phone. I took it out of my pocket to see who the text was from.

Alex: Wanna skype after you get settled?

Marie: Yeah, I'm about to get my class timetable. We can skype after. :)

"Next!"

I snapped my phone shut and walked forward to the desk.

"What's your name?" The overweight lady asked, snapping her blue gum. She kinda reminded me of one of the monsters in Monsters Inc.

"Marie Chambers," I spoke. The women looked through her file of papers in front of her. She finally found what she was looking for and handed it to me. I thanked her and walked out of the line. As I was studying my class timetable, I didn't look out where I was going and bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry," I said, as the stranger places his hands in my arms, steadying me. I looked up to find a rather attractive man. He let out of low chuckle.

"No worries. You okay?" he said.

"Yeah," I said.

He smiled. "What's your name?'

"Marie Chambers."

"I like that name, I'm Mr. David, you're English teacher."

"You're a teacher?"

He nodded.

"But you look so young," I said, looking over his appearance again. He laughed.

"Yeah well I am the youngest in the staff. I'm twenty-six."

Dang dude. Why couldn't we have hot new teachers back in Baltimore?

"Marie!" Aimee called out. "What's your dorm number?" She caught up to me and stood next to me. I looked down at the paper.

"Dorm 256, why?"

Aimee squealed and clapped her hands. "That's mine too! I wonder who else is sharing our dorm." Aimee's eyes traveled over to Mr. David.

"Who's this?" she asked.

"I'm Mr. David, you're English teacher," he spoke.

"Hunter, come and help us over here!" A teacher yelled.

"Excuse me, ladies," Mr. David stepped around us and to the teacher that yelled his name.

"Okay, he's super hot," Aimee admitted.

"I think he's married," I said.

"Well, I didn't see a wedding ring in his finger..."

"Hey, how are you settling?" Alex asked. I smiled at him through the computer screen.

"Good, I sorta made a new friend," I said.

"That's good," he said.

"How's band practice going?"

The guys just finished their band practice for their tour and was about to head out and perform shows.

"When are you guys coming to Boston?" I asked.

"Like during the middle of the tour, I forget what date," he said.

"Hey, are you talking to Marie?" I heard someone, probably Jack, say. It was Jack as his head came in during the shot. "Hey Marie! How's Harvard?!"

"Jack not so loud," I heard Rian whine. I laughed. I miss these guys already.

"It's good, Jack," I said. "But I prefer Baltimore."

He smiled. "Are you coming to our Boston show?"

I nodded. "Of course."

I heard a knock at the door. "Hold on, you guys. Come in!"

Mr. David walked in Aimee and I's dorm room. We don't know who the other girl is that we're rooming with.

"Marie, everyone's wanted in the auditorium. Is it okay if I walk you there?" he asked.

"Yeah, hold on," I said. I turned to the guys. "Hey, I gotta go now. Talk to you later?"

Alex pushed Jack away from the screen. I heard a "oof" sound. I giggled.

"Have fun, over there," Alex said. "I love you. And I mean it."

I smiled. "Love you too. And I mean it."

Alex smiled back and signed off. I logged off of my laptop and turned toward the exit of the room. I slightly blushed to find Mr. David still standing there. I guess he heard our conversation.

"Was that you're boyfriend?" he asked. I nodded, as I pulled on my shoes.

"Well he's very lucky."

I couldn't help but blush again. "Thank you."

Mr. David smiled and we both started walking to the auditorium.

"So I hear you're from Baltimore. Is that true?" Mr. David asked.

"Yeah, but I'm originally from Florida."

Mr. David nodded. "I'm one of the new teachers here. I've always wanted to be with one. I'm originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I've always gotten along with older kids. Younger kids just get on my nerves."

I smiled. "So if you got married and have kids, you would hate them?"

"Not exactly. They are my kids after all, so I'll like my kids."

We started walking further and further onto the campus ground. We finally arrived in the auditorium. Millions of college students surrounded the large room. Some sat in chairs and others standing around the room talking to each other. I instantly felt uncomfortable. I guess Mr. David noticed this and touched my arm.

"You okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine, Mr. David. It's just weird being here."

"Please call me Hunter, Marie," he said. I nodded.

"Okay, Hunter."

Suddenly all the lights in the room, started dimming. "Everyone please have your seats!"

Hunter walked toward the front row of seats and sat. I sat a couple rows back. A man with a suit and tie came out onto the stage and up to the microphone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the new semester of Harvard University," the man spoke.

Millions of screams came from the audience.

"To all the new kids starting today, I'm Mr. Jacobson, your principal. And welcome to Harvard University."

I clapped and I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked beside me and found, Mr. David, I mean Hunter standing there.

"Come with me," he whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows and followed him. We walked out of the gigantic room and walked to the side of the building.

"What?' I asked. Hunter smiled a devilish smile and started walking towards me. "What are you doing?"

"Be quiet, okay?" he said. He suddenly pinned me to the wall of the building and placed his hands on my waist. "Now don't tell your boyfriend about this, okay?"

I didn't say anything as he inched closer and closer. He suddenly placed his lips on top of mine. My eyes were still opened as he continued to kiss me. What the hell was he doing? I wanted to push him away but I didn't have the strength to. His fingers nailed deeper into my skin, causing me not to move. I pushed on his chest, to push him away. He was obviously stronger than me, so he kept one hand on my waist and the other to the side of my head. I tried pushing him away but he wouldn't budge. I finally gave up and my eyes fluttered closed. I started kissing back and laced my arms around his neck. Once Hunter started deepening the kiss, I pushed him hard as I could. I succeed as he stumbled backward. I walked up to him and slapped him across the face.

"Don't ever kiss me again."

I walked over to the auditorium and when I was just about to enter, Hunter yelled out, "You'll come back! They always do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me what you think!