‹ Prequel: Just a Fool

Gravity

I’ll still feel you’re here

I just wanted to do some shopping. I wanted my hair done and I wanted to get pampered—I deserved that, right? After everything that has happened in the past year or so, I deserve to pamper myself. So here I was, with my beautiful nephew in my arms, cooing down to him and kissing his face, wherever my lips could touch. On either side of me sat my best friends—Mel, Sarah, Amber and Ashley. Ashley was out of school for the summer and lately she’s been attached to our hips like she came with string.

Jimmy was playing with my hair that was freshly cut and dyed—I had my natural brown hair, but throughout it I had put in some blonde highlights. I was terrified honestly, but when Tara showed me the finished look, I grinned up at her and thanked her with all my heart. IT was beautiful and I loved it—she had even waxed my eyebrows for me.

“Alright,” I looked up after blowing a raspberry on Jim’s belly and saw Mel, who sat there grinning down at me. Her hair was only trimmed—but she had the most change, for she had gone blonde. I tried to wrap my brain around it, but it was so odd seeing her with blonde hair. “Give me my son, Evelyn.”

I frowned at my sister. “He’s my Godson, Mel!” I cried as I sat him in my lap, his back resting against my chest. I watched as Mel quirked an eyebrow at me and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Really, we’re going to pull this stunt?” She said seriously, but there was a hint of a smile on her lips and I grinned—I really did love my nephew, and the way he was kicking and making noises I think he was returning the love. Grinning, I winked up at my sister—though I loved him, I had ulterior motives.

“Well,” I said bouncing my legs. “Why don’t you take my car back home, leave yours so that I can have the car seat, and go home and see your lover boy.” I watched as Mel’s cheeks flamed and her eyes flickered to Ash, who was staring off into space—I wonder what was wrong with her? I made a mental not to talk to her on our own before turning back to look at Mel, who was clearly contemplating this.

“I don’t know…” She began, her unsettled eyes landing on mine. “This will be the first time since I’ve been away from Jay…”

I rolled my eyes. “And you two haven’t had much alone time—I won’t let anything happen to my nephew, Melanie.” I said seriously, knowing she was afraid of losing sight of her son. I understand that being raped and kidnapped months ago has scarred my sister beyond control, but I needed her to know that she still needed to live on with her life—Zacky and I had a serious talk about this just the other day at the party, and he let me know how much he did miss the life where he could be carefree—but he loved both of them so much it didn’t matter. They’re going to be going on a short tour soon, so I was giving them some time to themselves.

“I just…”Mel began as she brought her free hand up to run it through her curls before bringing her brown eyes to meet mine before sighing. “What am I doing?” She muttered.

“Being a mom,” Sarah said with a grin and I was about to say something else before Amber removed herself from the bench, almost choking on the Banana smoothie she bought.

“That son of a bitch!” She said behind clenched teeth. Mel glanced up to scold her for swearing, but I removed myself from my seat as glanced up in her direction, seeing a head full of long fake brown hair attached to a skinny, fake tanned body.

“Oh, no,” Sarah said from my left. “I believe World War Three just began.”

“This trip just got very entertaining.” Mumbled Ashley as I stood up, handed Jimmy to Mel and ran after Amber, who was indeed going to start WW3.

“Amber!” I called after her, her blue dress trailing behind her—I had to laugh internally again at her outfit, but pushed it away knowing that this was a bad idea to bring up her terrible idea for a ‘cowgirl’ look. “Amber, what are you doing?” I looked straight as I pulled her behind a kiosk—one that sold fake purses for too much money. My hand was still firmly grasping her arm as I gazed up into her blue eyes, which were filled with anger.

“That bastard!” She seethed, pointing her free hand in the direction Brian was with. “I told me he was hanging out with his fucking parents!” I shook my head—Brian just dug himself six feet under.

“Going after him isn’t going to solve anything, Amber.” Her blonde and purple haired whipped around her as she turned her gaze towards me—to anyone, they would see only anger written within her face, but me? I’ve known Amber all my life to know that all she wanted to do right now was to curl up in bed and eat a box of chocolate ice cream as she bawled her eyes out to The Notebook.

“He promised me…” She whispered painfully, her bottom lip beginning to shake. I felt my own tears at my friend friends heartbroken face as I let her go. “I just, I don’t understand.”

I reached out and tucked some hair behind her ear. “Honey,” I murmured, “He cheated on Michelle, what made you think this was going to be any different?”

“He told me he loved me, Evie!”

“I understand, Amber, but violence isn’t going to work.” I turned to Sarah’s voice—the girls have congregated around Amber now, as if we were her shield.

“Exactly.” I said just as my eyes caught onto a tall, brawny, tattooed man with long hair hidden under a cap. I stopped letting my mind think over things to say as I sat there rooted in my spot. Coming in the opposite direction of Brian and his ho-bag, I saw him—Matt. He was grinning as some dark haired bimbo attached herself to his arm and grinned up at him.

She turned her head a bit and I saw her—saw Brandi, I mean.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to bolt or kick his ass—but what I knew for sure was that there was a feeling of…hurt…that buried itself inside my chest, wrapping itself around my heart and choking the life out of it. I found it hard to breathe and my hand went to cover the gasp that fell from my lips. I could hear my name being called, but as my eyes met his—the whole world came crashing around me. I could see the emotions so clear as they passed over his face—recognition, shock, worry and that last one killed me. As I watched as he smirked at me with his chin slightly raised in the air, as if to say ‘fuck you’ to me before he bent down and crashed his lips to Brandi’s.

In anger, I turned towards Amber and snickered. “You have every right to kick his ass into the next millennium, Amber.” I said as I turned on my heels with my own chin in the air as I tried to look like it didn’t bother me.

“Evelyn, watch out!” I heard Ashley call from behind me but I was adamant on getting out of this place before those two took their clothes off. Because I was so into getting away, I didn’t realize that there was someone walking by. My body collided with another one—and I knew that it was a man. Pulled away in a daze, I looked up and began to apologize until I saw his brown eyes gazing in shock at someone behind me.

“Amber, I…” Pissed off with one the boys from Avenged Sevenfold already, I glared up at Brian and shoved him out of the way. He looked down at me in shock.

“Evelyn!” He said.

“Hey, take your hands off him!” I brought my heated gaze to the dark haired woman and realized that it was Michelle—she died her hair.

“You just don’t get it!” I seethed, “You’re just as stupid as I thought!” I turned my anger towards Brian, who was looking over at another body. I punched Brian in the shoulder with all my might before Michelle’s fingers curled around my arm.

“Stop it!” She screeched.

“I don’t hate you, Michelle,” I said, “But if you don’t let go of me right now, there is nothing stopping me from punching you.” I heard Mel behind me mutter something and I heard feet pattering away. Deep down I knew that this was terrible for little Jimmy, but I was just so caught up in my emotions I just wasn’t sure what to do.

“I will.” Said a gruff voice from behind me and if I was angry before, then I don’t even want to know what I was feeling right now. I spun around so that I was facing Matt. “Don’t do something you’ll regret, Evelyn.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed my hair out of my face. I felt someone tugging on my arm and turned to see Amber, who did everything she could to keep her body away from Brian—I managed to be sandwiched between these two fuckers. I shook my arm from her grasp as I put my wrath on both of them.

“You two are fucking ridiculous.” I said as I threw my hands in the air. “You,” I pointed my finger into Matt chest before looking up at his face—it was frozen solid, all emotion swept from his face so that I couldn’t read any of it. I didn’t even dare acknowledge Brandi’s presence. “Are an idiot for going back to this bitch, and if you thought there was any chance of regaining my friendship, you just fucked it up.” I then turned to Brian, who was clearly watching Amber. She succeeded in pulling me away now, but I wasn’t going to let this one slip away. “And you!” I cried in outrage. “How dare you think that you could screw this one,” I pointed to Michelle, “And think you wouldn’t get caught?” I pushed at him again. “Amber is the best woman you will ever fucking have.”

I could feel someone’s hands wrapping around my waist and I turned to see Ash, who was begging me with her eyes to just step away from this mess. I threw my hands in the air again and groaned. “What is it with you fucking Avenged guys? Jesus!” I spat before turning on my heels. When we were out of ear shot, I turned to Amber and Sarah. “Who wants some alcohol?” I muttered.

“I do,” Ash muttered as she pulled on her black beanie. I narrowed my eyes and watched as she shrunk under my gaze.

“What’s up your ass?” I muttered. She pulled her beanie over her head and groaned before pulling it back up sheepishly. Her cheeks were tinted with a pink color and I turned my head to the side to really look at her. When I came up short minded, I stepped closer to her. “Are you pregnant?” Her big pink lips formed an ‘O’ and she started to shake her head.

“N-no.” She stammered out.

“Well, then what’s the matter? You barely have said anything the past few hours and every time I mention a cute guy, you mutter something almost coherent and I see you checking your phone every five fucking seconds.”

I watched in amazement as Ashley’s eyes filled with tears. “Please don’t hate me!” She begged.

Shocked, I calmed down a bit. “Why would I hate you, Ash?” I asked. “You’re my little sister, how could I hate you?” I watched as my baby sister gnawed on her bottom lip.

“What’s the matter, Ash?” Amber asked as she stepped up to my right.

“You can tell us anything, Ashley.” Sarah piped in, her blonde hair French braided and hanging over her shoulder.

Everything was quiet except for the people milling about—I have forgotten about Matt and Brian and was totally fixated on my sister, who looked like she was ready to bury herself and fill it with concrete. Her brown eyes looked at all of us and when they finally landed on my own, she breathed in deeply before exhaling out her words. “IsleptwithArin!” She blurted out, her words mashed together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so there's quite some links for those who are visual! lol.

How's the new look? Too much in the banner? Any thoughts :O?

I had debated on making Ashley a lesbian, but then I'd have to write in another woman for Arin. And then there's that whole age difference thing and just gah! lol xD Anywho, I am so sorry for the long wait! I am also making a soundtrack for this story! Here is where it will be! Some songs will be what someone has 'written' or performed in the story, so don't be weirded out! lol.