Welcome to Anna's World

Chapter 13 - A Brotherly Surprise

Dad's/ Ryan's PoV:
I woke up that day, when the sun was already high and glistening through the curtains. I was confused that I woke up on my own. Normally my husband wakes me up to start the day. Today I found him still in my arms fast asleep. I looked over to my alarm clock to check the time and for a moment I was in shock. It read 9.34. I already thought that we were late, but then realised that it was Saturday.

Relieved I put my arm back around John. Under the covers his silky top was ridden up to his chest which gave me access to touch his bare stomach. I was staying in bed enjoying the moment caressing my lover from his naked thighs up to his chest.

After a few minutes he stirred under my touch. I looked down at his face, watching as he groaned and was shutting his eyes tightly together. He then turned around to lie on his back and brought a hand up from under the covers to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

"Morning". John said his voice still full of sleep. I smiled down at him, cupped his face with one hand and brought my lips to his. After long and sweetly kissing him, I pulled away, but he pulled me back down and we kissed some more. Finally when we drew apart for air I could reply. "Good morning."

We stayed put after that for a while. Just cuddling and kissing every now and then.

"I have to get a shower." I mumbled and got up in a sitting position. He got up too and his face turned into a small frown. He took my hand in his, smiling innocently. "Don't go." - "But I have to get clean to start the day." I replied and kissed his hand holding onto mine. John sat up on his knees smirking, and asking with a certain innocent tone in his voice. "Can I come with?"

Sunday Night:

I cannot wait until it is Monday. From the anticipated look on John’s face, he could not either. It is Sunday Night, about 11.33 and Anna is fast asleep in her bed.

We just came out of the bathroom having another hot shower together. John is wearing old boxer shorts and one of my tee shirts, while I am just in my boxer briefs. My lovers cheeks are still all blushed deep pink from the hotness in our bathroom. And from the long make out sessions that we had in there.

“Mmmmmh I liked that.” I admit and hug him from behind. He giggles and replies: “The water bills are going to be high this month.” He turns around in my arms, standing on the tip of his toes to peck my lips softly. “Let’s go to bed.”He states then releasing himself from my arms, but still holding my hand. He leads me to our bed.

“Are you nervous before tomorrow?” I wonder. The lights are already out, but from the movements from my lover, I knew that he is still awake. “Yeah. Especially, because I cannot come with you to get him home.” He admits. “Make sure you’ll hurry.” He then adds. I chuckle at that comment.

Anna’s point of view:
Monday:

Dad was nowhere in sight this morning. “Papa, where is Dad?” I finally ask on the drive to school. “Oh, he had to go to work really early today. He’ll be home in the afternoon.” He answers not looking away from the streets. I could hear a slight smile in his voice. That is weird. Dad never works early in the mornings. And with Papa’s smile it is clear that they planned something without me knowing. I try to remember anything that they said that could be related to what they are doing right now.

Before I could think of any possible solutions we arrived at the school parking lot. I slide out of the car, flash a smile to Papa and wave a small “bye” to him. I am really happy to be in school again and to see Nicky again. Even though it was only two days that we did not see each other, it felt like a long time. I just like to be in his presence. Now that I think about it, he kind of reminds me of Frankie, my best friend. I just feel really comfortable with him and I feel like I can be myself with him.

Thinking of him, there he is, a few metres away from me, standing in the hall and looking at me with the widest smile I have seen on him since we met. “Hi” I said smiling while hugging him. “Hi” he replies, hugging back. He rests his head on mine groaning.

“Excited for school?” I ask with some sarcasm in my voice. “Very”, he answers back with the same tone. We slowly make our way to class, ignoring the jocks and their cheerleading girlfriends, shouting things at us.

Dad’s/ Ryan’s point of view again:
Back at the orphanage, I am currently signing the papers to adopt a boy named Frank. When we adopted Anna a bit more than a month ago, we asked for a friend of hers to get her a sibling. Frank has been back at the orphanage for about one and a half weeks. Mrs Jane had called us, if we were interested in adopting him as well. He had a very hard past, I hope that we can give him some perspective on a good life.

“Alright Mr Rocket, come this way”, Mrs Jane says and leads me through a hallway to Frank’s room. The door is thick and locked. Still I could hear some loud movements as Mrs Jane opens it.

To my surprise the room is very bright due to the large window across the door. It is locked as well, but there is something sticking out of the lock, like a.. is that? Is that a pen? I drift my gaze away from the pen to the bed. There is a boy lying casually on his back, with his arms crossed behind his head. He is very skinny, but is wearing oversized clothing. His hair is a mess of straight and curled, light brown strands. It reminds me a bit of John’s hair, in his early twenties.

He is straight up smirking to me while Mrs Jane was telling him to pack his stuff as it is time to leave to a new home.

I follow him outside, carrying his bag, when he turns around and goes straight back into the room. I sneak a peek at him as he pulls out the pen from the lock of the window. "I forgot my pen" He mumbles and walks past me.

In the car driving home, I am taken aback by how talkative he is towards me. Honestly I thought it is going to be a while until he opens up. Like with Anna.

“Are you married?” His question interrupts my thoughts. I nod and smiled to him in the passenger seat. “What is she like?” I reply: “He’s very nice, full of energy, a bit stubborn sometimes but very caring and loving.” His smile fades slightly. A short pause later he slowly says: “So, you are gay?” I nod again, watching his reaction out of the corner of my eyes. The smile on his face returns and he replies: “Hah! I did not think that they would let me go with another couple again!” He laughs and starts looking out of the window, watching the trees and big mansions on the side fly by. Like Anna did, when we brought her home and still sometimes when we drive her to school.

“Am I your first child?” he questions after a bit of silence. “Actually no, you are not.” I answer with a huge smile playing on my face. I continue: “We already adopted a daughter about a month ago.” He raises his eyebrows and says unbelievingly: “And you are ready for another kid, already?”

“Well, we wanted to adopt a friend of hers as a sibling in the first place, so...” I start to explain and tell him that it was his best friend Anna, who we adopted one month ago. He really brightens up after hearing what I said. Then his smile turns into a devilish smirk: “You do know that they call us Death and Die, right? I mean, we are like twins. And we are trouble.”

To his surprise I smile at him friendly and reply: “I think we can handle it.”

Frankie’s point of view:
We finally arrived at the house. The guy next to me, Ryan I think is his name, parks the car, steps out and comes around to open my door. I step out and look at the house in awe. “Holy ...” I mumble to myself. Ryan smirks and puts my bag over his shoulder.

“Are you ready to go in?” He asks softly. He seems like an alright person. I nod and the first thing I meet once entering the house is a warm hug from another man. This one is smaller and smaller built than Ryan. He smells nice too. I like him already; you just have to when he hugs you.

After the introductions they both show me the house and my room – which is huge! One of the rooms is left out from their little tour. The nice smelling guy, who I learned was named John; knocks on that door softly. He enters then and talks to the person inside: “We have a surprise for you. Do you want to see it?” I hear that familiar “uh- oh” knowing that Anna usually hates surprises.

The door is halfway opened. Before I enter though, I turn to the guys and ask them to leave and give us a moment. They nod and left.

“Oh my God” That is the first thing she says when she saw me. I just look at her. She slowly walks towards me and we hug for what feels like forever. Due to the wetness on my neck I notice that she is crying. I hug her tighter trying to hold my tears back, because every time she cries I have to as well. Same thing with laughing.

We pull apart and she sits back down on her chair. I pull another chair up next to her and sit down as well. I hand Anna a handkerchief to dry her tears. Out of nowhere she punches my arm with her fist hardly.

“Ouch, what was that for?!” I exclaim loudly. “For pretending to be dead!” She shouted just as loud. “Sorry!!” I shouted back. We both laughed.

Then I notice a blond girl to my right. “Uhh, yeah, this is Jenny. Jenny, this is Frank.” Anna awkwardly introduces us. She waves at me and I just look from her back to Anna and back and forth.
“We are friends.” Jenny cheers. I smile at Anna then replying sarcastically : “Wow, you have a friend? That is a massive progress! I bet your therapist is very proud!”

Anna, smiling back at me says with a certain duuh- tone: “She is not my friend. I beat her up in school the other week or so, and now we have to help with each other’s homework now every afternoon.” We both chuckled at that. “So nothing changed, huh?” I wonder. “Nope.”

“Looks like we are brother and sister now”, I say after a while. She laughs at that: “Oh, this is going to be bad.”