Status: Just Trying It Out! tell Me What You Think!

Friendly Competition

One.

I woke up in my cousin's bed room. The bright pink walls hurting my eyes each time I attempted to open them. I got stumbled out of her bed and I looked in the mirror, my blazing red hair in a sloppy mess on top of my head. Sloan was soon beside me.

"Morning Ally Cat!" she exclaimed, her sunny disposition very alarming at such an early time in the morning. Sloan is two weeks older then I, and we are basically sisters. Our moms raised us that way. If Sloan isn't at my house I’m at hers. I smiled as I stretched.

"Morning Sloan...you're bright eyed and bushy tailed, excited for our first day of school I see." I stated matter-of-factly as Sloan rummaged through her chest to find clothes to wear.

"Yes and my boyfriend and his family have finally returned from Europe! I've missed him dearly." she sighs as she looks up from her task at hand. I roll my eyes and I pull on my white sundress, then I slide my brown sandals onto my feet. Sloan has been dating the same guy since 9th grade. It's been in nicer words...a train wreck to watch them together. One minute they're madly in love the next I get a phone call in the middle of the night, Sloan sobbing her eyes out begging me to come over. It becomes exhausting sometimes.

I pull my hair out of the sloppy bun and I straighten the curls that made up my mop of hair. My hair soon falls in waves down to the middle of my back. When I turn around from the mirror I face Sloan who is wearing a blue jean mini skirt and bright pink belly shirt, she is obviously eager to show the entire school her tan that she gained from soaking up so many ultraviolet rays. She quickly curled her hair and she turned to face me.

"Do I look okay?" she questioned, causing me to look her up and down. She is all full hips and breast, blue eyes and blond hair. Her tan skin only made her more desirable. Yeah she looked pretty hot. She cleared her throat to regain my attention.

"You look hot. If we weren't related and I was a lesbian I would totally fuck you." I state, Sloan rolls her eyes at my very untraditional answer and she opens her door and we exit her room.

~*~*~

At school we meet up with our typical group of friends; pretty, fun and popular is my only way to describe them.

"Sloan you look so pretty! I am so jealous!" our one friend exclaimed. I roll my eyes at her because we all know that she is fabricating her jealousy. Sloan smiles politely at her and looks up to see Ryder...Ryder Jones. He spots us and he makes his way over. All of our friends begin checking their makeup. Sloan and I watch them with amusement as Ryder continues on his voyage over.

"You guys do realize Ryder is a player, right?" Sloan states spitefully. They all glare in her direction and we return the gesture.

"Don't be grouchy bitches because Sloan's speaking the truth." I defend. They snort and mumble under their breath. Ryder finally approaches and gives us his 100 watt smile, all our friends swoon and I snort sarcastically.

"Well, hello to you too Allie." he speaks, ignoring everyone and setting his sights on me.

"Ryder." I speak, my tone clipped. He smirks at me and makes his way over to me and Sloan. She crosses her arms in a defensive manner and he chuckles softly to himself, as if we were comical.

"How was your summer Ryder?" one of our friends asks, he turns his attention to her and replies with a good before giving her a wink; she almost drops to her knees. Sloan's boy toy soon approaches, he kisses the top of her head and her miserable attitude dissipates. She turns and plants a kiss on his lips.

"Morning Slo." he muses and she is all giggles and bubbly happiness. The first bell chimes and we all part to go to class. I start down the hallway only to be followed by Ryder.

"What class you headed to?" he questions as he begins to walk at my pace.

"Greek and Roman literature." I mumble, looking for the quickest way to escape him. He looks down to notice me glancing in every direction; a small smile plays on his lips.

"You know, you really have no reason to dislike me." he states stepping in front of me. He tilts my head up so I can look into his bright blue eyes. He gets close to my face and smiles, his minty breath penetrating my bubble.

"I mean, you don't even know me." he retorts, pulling back still holding my chin in his hands. I tug my chin out of his grasp.

"I know you’re a player that makes every single girl in this school swoon, but Sloan and I don't buy your act." I spew, a vicious grin creeping to my lips. He chuckles and runs his finger on my lower lip.

"You are gonna be a fun one to chase after...I like when they play hard to get." he speaks. I gape at his reply.

Is this kid joking?

He smirks and plants a light swift kiss on my lips before heading in the opposite direction. I look around to find all the girls under Ryder’s charms glaring at me.

What? It's not like I kissed back.

I quickly stride to class and make it just before the bell rings. I sink into my seat next to Sloan. She studies me with worry as our teacher begins his lecture.

"What happened?" she whispers. I turn and face her.

"Ryder kissed me...” I grumble at the thought, her mouth drops open.

"What?!" she hisses through clenched teeth causing a few heads to whip around towards us. We causally ignore them getting lost in our own conversation.

"I know...he was going on and on about how I'm going to be nice to chase after and likes when they play hard to get." I whisper. She scoffs at what I've told her.

"He's an asshole." she growls. Our teacher clears his throat and we turn to face him.

"Hey! Chatty Cathy's in the back, what are your names?"

"Allessandra Randal and Sloan Matthews." I recite. He looks at me and for a moment I feel suspended in midair, he breaks our gaze.

"Alright you two, split up." he speaks sternly and we both begin to protest.

"What? NO!" Sloan starts.

"We promise to pay attention, just please don't separate us." I pleaded, he raised an eyebrow at us and then he sighs finally, giving in.

"Fine, but this is your only warning! Pay attention!" Mr. Drake snaps. We both sighed and looked forward and pretended to pay attention.

~*~*~

The class dragged on and on...I mean I know it’s only 40 minutes but it feels like hours. The bell released us and Sloan and I made our way for the exit only to be stopped by Mr. Drake.

"Are you two a...er...couple?" he stammered. I crossed my arms getting offended slightly by his question.

"More like best friends, sisters even. We're cousins." Sloan responded her tone oozing with irritation. Mr. Drake blanched and allowed us to exit.

"I cannot believe he said that!" I nearly shout as we leave the room, she snorts agreeing with me.

"Me either...asshole." she speaks, her words like venom. We are greeted by Sloan's boy toy and Ryder. My face blushes the color of my hair.

"Hey baby!" Ryder announces to the entire hall, drawing looks in my direction. I convulse at the nickname, he reaches around to put his arm around me, but I scurry away in time.

"Look, will you leave me alone? I'm not your baby or anyone else’s for that matter and if you ever kiss me again I will break your hand, that is a promise." I hiss, he laughs and hold his hands in front of himself admitting defeat.

"I won’t give up on you, and I won’t leave you alone until you agree to go out with me." he speaks, my lips twitch with humor, this time I invade his personal space our faces nose to nose.

"I'd rather chew on glass." I retaliate, he laughs with boyish delight.

"I'll get you to say yes." he whispers, pulling back from me. I smirk and shake my head.

"Don't count on it." I respond before continuing on to my class.

~*~*~

Through the duration of my day Ryder continually bugged me about going on a date with him to which I continuously said no. I entered my 9th period class felling...drained. How many times could a girl turn a guy down? The bell sounds and Ryder strolls in.

You've got to be joking

Ryder spies me and plops in a seat next to me and I bury my face in my hands.

"Allie, just go on one date with me! I guarantee you'll have a good time." he begs his eyes burning into mine.

"Okay fine! I'll go on a date with you! Now will you leave me alone?!" I whisper very loudly. He smiles a face splitting smile.

"Yes until Saturday. I'll pick you up at let's say 11. Oh and wear a bathing suit." he winks at me before turning to talk to another friend. I shudder at the thought of going on a date with him, but I ignore the feeling and get lost in my work.

~*~*~

Back at home Sloan and I go over our plans for the week and weekend.

"What are you doing on Saturday; maybe we could catch a movie at mammy and pappy's house." Sloan spoke as she swept her beautiful hair into a pony tail. I shook my head as I picked at my already chipped nail polish.

"I can't I have plans...a date actually." I speak my voice little and afraid of Sloan's impending reaction.

"With who?!" she presses. I shake my head keeping my lips sealed.

"Allessandra, tell me who it is!" she shouts at me.

"Slo come on, don't make me say it!" I shout back becoming very uncomfortable.

"Who. Is. It?" Sloan spoke putting emphasis on each word.

"Ryder, I have a date with Ryder!" I blurt out. Sloan's face falls, all traces of excitement gone I hear knocking at the door followed by it getting cracked open.

"Allie, Sloan time for dinner." my aunt spoke through the crack in the door.

"Coming Aunt Maggie." I whispered as I got off the bed and left the shocked Sloan in her room to simmer.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am just trying this out!

Tell me what you think!

:)