Status: Just Trying It Out! tell Me What You Think!

Friendly Competition

Two.

I walked into the school with Sloan next to me...brooding about my date with Ryder. I begged her not to mention anything to anyone. Everyone would ride me about how I thought think Ryder is a player.

"Allie you don't have to go on a date with him." Sloan whispers to me as I look up to the board to take notes in English with Mr. Drake. There is something...different about him. I glanced over to Sloan who was also steadily copying the board.

"Okay seriously...just let it go now. You're really beginning to get on my nerves about the date." I whisper back as I slam my pencil down, drawing everyone’s attention.

"Is there a problem Ms. Randal?" Mr. Drake inquired as he stopped his lecture. I shake my head quickly feeling the blush creep up my neck. Sloan blinked at me, and then narrowed her eyes.

"We WILL talk about this." she stated turning her focus on school work.

I doubt that.

The bell sounded and I quickly shoved my books into my back pack. I walked out of class to find Ryder waiting for me. Ever since I agreed to go on one date with him he's been trying extra hard to butter me up.

"Hey, how was uh...English?" he asked, putting his arms around me. I rolled my eyes and removed his arm from around my neck.

"English was fine, can we go?" I asked quickly. He smirked and nodded stepping out of my way to let me walk. I started down the hall only to be stopped by Sloan.

"Where do you think you’re going?" she inquired, looking at Ryder then to me.

"I'm going to class, now move." I speak my voice clipped. Ryder stands next to me looking around.

"Ryder, could you give us a minute that would be great." Sloan shoos him away as she grabs my arm. I snatch it back and I look at Ryder and take his hand.

"No, he won't 'give us a minute'. He's walking me to class. I'll see you at home, later." I hiss as Ryder and I side step her. I look down and release his hand, only to have him grab mine again.

"Ryder please...don't." I whisper feeling defeated. We stop in front of my classroom and he smiles at me.

"You took my hand. You are interested you’re just fighting it because of Sloan." he states, grasping my chin tilting my head up.

"No the way I feel is how I really feel. I'll meet you after class alright you should go to yours." I mumble as I tug my head out of his grasp. He chuckles lightly to himself before bending down and kissing me lightly. I looked up at him after the kiss and I shoved him backwards.

"Get away from me." I growl at him. He laughs at me and grabs my waist pulling me into him. My face heats up and I feel different...self conscience even. He tilts my head up again and this time I allow myself.

"Kiss me." he whispers to me and I laugh softly. I shake my head no and put my hands on his waist.

"Ryder go to class, I’ll see you later." I whisper to him and he leans in and I turn my face so his lips land on my cheek. He stands up straight and let’s go of me. I walked into my classroom and I feel different about Ryder...like something is forming.

Stop he's just playing you. You're falling right into his trap.

I mentally glare at my subconscious for being right. I'm not falling for Ryder. I'm falling for his charms. I roll my eyes at myself and bury myself in work.

~*~*~

In math class we had a little free time so I decided to get to know Ryder a little better.

"Ryder, why are you acting like I’m your girlfriend, I mean I don't even like you." I speak softly so it's only between us. He smiles as he pulls my chair closer.

"I like you, and well you’re kind of cute to bother. Allie you don't know me well enough to judge whether you dislike me or not, just give me a chance. Come hang out with me tonight." he speaks as he pushes some of my hair behind me ear. I shake my head no and look into his bright blue eyes.

"Allie I want to take you to the beach today and on Saturday. Only difference on Saturday we'll be with my family. I have to show my older brother up you know he's always getting praise about how he is perfect . Allessandra with you I know I can show my parents that I have an intelligent girlfriend. Maybe even make you my girlfriend." he states rubbing my bottom lip. I feel my heart skip a beat and I nod.

"Fine, pick me up at Sloan's house at around 6 o'clock." I state biting the pad of his thumb. He smiles and removes his thumb from my lip.

~*~*~

"Allie you are not going out with him! I forbid it!" Sloan yelled as I got dressed for my date with Ryder. I rolled my eyes as I brushed the knots out of my hair.

"You can't forbid me from going out on a date with someone! You are my best friend, not to mention my cousin! The least you could do is be supportive of what I am doing." I retort as I check out the window to see Ryder waiting.

"No! I don't support this." she shouts at me. I shake my head in disbelief.

"Sloan, you don't even know him!" I yell at her as I grab my bag. She gapes at me and she shakes her head.

"Yeah well, do you?" she questions crossing her arms.

"No, but at least I’m trying! I'll be home at nine, goodbye!" I yell as I slam the door on my way out.

~*~*~

He drives us to a quite beach and we sit in the sand watching the waves, looking out at the sunset.

"Thank you for coming out with me, I know it must’ve been hard for you." he says as he stands up in the sand. I nod as I join him.

"Want to go for a swim?" he questions, I see a wicked gleam in his eyes and I turn to run but it's too late, his arms are around me and he's carrying me out to the ocean. I'm kicking and screaming begging him to stop, he's laughing with delight. Soon he is waist deep in the water and I am clinging to him for dear life.

"NO! Ryder don't!" I scream as I wrap my arms and legs around him tighter. He smiles at me and he places his hands on my waist.

"I won’t throw you in...Only if you kiss me" he speaks over the waves. My mouth drops open and I shake my head no. The next thing I know is I’m flying in midair and I mean truly flying and I plunge into the ice cold water and I shoot up coughing up the water that I just swallowed. My temper was boiling and I looked towards Ryder who was busting a gut. I walked on my tip toes through the water until I could get out. I stormed up the beach soon having Ryder following me.

"Allie chill it was only a joke! Allie stop and talk to me please!" he pleads as he grabs my arms stopping me. I rip my wrist from his grasp and I whip my head around.

"NO! Don't you dare touch me! Take me home! I want to go home!" I sob as tears stream down my face. Ryder stares at me and he pulls me into his chest holding me tight. I tried pushing him away but I couldn't...I didn't have the strength and in all actuality this is what I wanted. I wanted Ryder. He tipped my head up and he took both of his thumbs and dried my wet face from tears and the salty water. I looked at his lips through my stinging red eyes and I gazed at them. The lips that have touched mine so many times. I wanted them against mine.

"Can I kiss you now?" he asked softly, I sniffled and nodded my head yes. I was done fighting. I knew what I wanted. I wanted him. He tapped his lips against mine softly once and I accepted his kiss then on the second time he kissed me deeper, slower. It was intimate, I loved it. He ran his tongue along my bottom lip and I opened my mouth welcoming his magical tongue. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me, he grunted softer and he smiled against my lips.

"C'mon let me take you home before Sloan sends out and amber alert." he whispers, catching his breath. I nod as I walk back to his car.

The car ride home was silent...but not tense. I finally accepted that I am just like very girl in my school. I swoon at Ryder. He pulls in front of my aunt’s house and he get out of the car opening the door for me. He walks me up to the door and smile at him, my face red, which was luckily being hid by the darkness outside. I looked up at him and he smiled his perfect smile.

"Good night kiss?" he questioned as he leaned in. I nodded as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He kissed me softly as Sloan opened the door. She gasped when she saw us in our "compromising position". He pulled back and kissed my cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow." he whispered as he turned and walked back to his car. I scooted past Sloan and I walked through the house to the room that we shared. She stormed in and slammed the door.

"What the fuck was that?!" she shouts at me as she blocks the door. I shake my head as I rub my lips. She scoffs at me.

"No seriously Allessandra! What the fuck was that ?" she shouts at me again. I shrug as I change my clothes.

"I don't think that, that's any of your fucking business!" I scream back as I pull my now extremely curly hair into a sloppy bun. She gasps at me.

"It is my business!" she argues as she walks over to me.

"No! It isn't any of your business who I like or who I kiss! You are my best friend and my cousin the least you could do is be happy for me! Hell maybe even shut your mouth for once! I like Ryder okay! Deal with it!" I shout in her face as I side step her. She shakes her head, her face contorted in anger.

"You like him?" she whispers, I sniffle as I dry my face and I open her bed room door.

"Yes, I like him and you know what considering you are basically my sister I thought you would at least try to be supportive. I can see now that I was wrong. I'm going to bed, just leave me alone." I state, my voice cracking from crying. I walked out of her room and I shut her door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!

Leave comments please!

:)