Status: I know Tyler Seguin got traded to the Dallas Stars, but I started this fanfic before it was announced. In my story, he will still play as a Bruin.

Becoming Mrs. Seguin

Chapter 28- Lies and Heartbreak

Savannah and I drove to Boston that night to watch the Stanley Cup at Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill. Most of the other people there were college students like us. Once the game started, everyone's eyes were glued onto the TV, their food left untouched.

The Bruins dominated the first period, scoring a total of three goals against the Pens, two of which were made by none other than Tyler Seguin. He sure was on fire tonight. In the second period, things took a different turn as the Pens were able to maintain possession of the puck for the majority of the time. But they only managed to score a single goal.

The second the buzzer went off, everyone in the restaurant stood up, hollering and cheering, for the Bruins had won with a score of 4-1. If the Pens didn't step up their game anytime soon, then the Cup would be ours again for the second year in a row. Andrew walked over to us a bit later and asked if we wanted to come to the party he was throwing at his dorm.

"Sure, after I watch Tyler's press conference. You two can leave first if you want," I told him and Savannah.

"Ok, we'll see you later then," Andrew replied.

There were still several other people left that stayed behind to watch the press conference, too. Tyler and his coach finally appeared on the screen as they sat down to answer questions that the media and reporters had for them. They both looked so happy after having won the game, with huge smiles on their faces.

"So, Tyler, you're obviously becoming one of the Bruins' best players of all time. Does that make you feel pressured in any way?", a man wearing a black suit asked.

"No, not really. My teammates just expect me to put everything I have into the game. Likewise, they give it their all, too. We win or lose as a team, not as an individual," Tyler replied.

The following questions were mainly about Tyler as a Bruin, but it all changed when one woman asked him about his personal life. And let me tell you, I wasn't at all prepared to hear what she had to say.

"Tyler, sources are telling us that you've been out partying a lot this past month. A friend of yours even said that you went back to sleeping around with girls. Is this true?"

I stared at the TV in utter shock, reprocessing the woman's words in my head. A part of me wanted to believe that it was all a lie, but I knew the chances of it being true were greater. Dear god Tyler, please don't say yes.

"Umm...I guess," he said with uncertainty, totally caught off guard.

"But don't you already have a girlfriend? The one from Harvard that you're always with?", the woman prompted. Tyler's face turned a bright red as he fumbled with his thumbs. He looked indecisive for a moment, but then finally spoke.

"Christine Miller and I broke up a long time ago. She was just too clingy, you know?" His expression was unreadable. The second those words left Tyler's mouth, I felt my heart crumbling to pieces. This couldn't be happening...

Immediately, I became the center of attention as everyone stared at me with weird looks on their faces. I needed to get out of here as fast as I could before they all had to see me break down. Someone called out my name, but I just kept on running, the tears escaping my eyes.

I hated to admit it, but what Melissa had said to me at the Bruins game ages ago was true. That lying, deceiving, man-whore. Not only had he cheated on me, but because of his lie, the world would now see Christine Miller as the 'clingy' ex of Tyler Seguin. Talk about public humiliation.

Why did I ever trust him in the first place? Did I seriously believe that he had changed his ways? How could Tyler turn his face after everything we've been through? Anger and hurt raged inside of me as I finally collapsed onto a bench at the nearby park.

I never should've given Tyler my heart in the first place. Aaron had been right. A hot-shot hockey player meant nothing but trouble. Why didn't I listen to him instead of putting myself in this position?

Because I wanted to be able to love again.

My head shot up at the sound of approaching footsteps. Had someone been following me all this time? I looked to my right to see Damon Parker plop down next to me. He had a concerned expression on his face.

"Christine, are you ok? Why did you leave?", he asked worriedly. Out of instinct, I buried my face in his chest as I cried my heart out. Damon was surprised at first, but then wrapped his arms around me, pulling my body closer to his.

"T-Tyler lied," I stammered through my tears.

"What do you mean?"

"H-he lied about us b-breaking up."

"Why would he do that? Wait, was he just using that as an excuse for sleeping around?" I slowly nodded my head in response.

"I thought he had changed."

"The hell with Tyler. You deserve so much better than him," Damon said angrily.

"Why did you come here anyways?", I asked him, choking on my tears.

"Christine, I'm your friend. I care about you," he replied sincerely.

"Thank you. It means a lot."

"Anytime."

Once I finally stopped crying and was able to regain control of myself, Damon walked me to my car and I drove back to Harvard. Andrew's party was probably still taking place, but I sure didn't want to go anymore after what had happened. The whole night, I lay in bed, thinking about Tyler.

How could everything change so quickly? Just this morning, I was telling myself that I loved him, but now, he would become a mere memory of my past. And to think that he'd actually love me back. Well Tyler had sure made it clear that he didn't after what he said during the press conference.

Tyler's POV

"Tyler, sources are telling us that you've been out partying a lot this past month. A friend of yours even said that you went back to sleeping around with girls. Is this true?"

Shit, I was definitely not expecting her to ask me that. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a look of frustration and irritation on Coach Julien's face. What the hell was I supposed to say? Who did that woman think she was anyways, getting in my business? I opted to just tell the truth because there was no point in lying.

"Umm...I guess."

"But don't you already have a girlfriend? The one from Harvard that you're always with?"

Oh my god, Christine...

I could feel my cheeks reddening as sweat formed on my forehead. To be honest, the only reason I had been sleeping around with those thirsty sluts was to get my mind off of Christine and how much I missed her. It wasn't supposed to actually mean anything. I mentally debated how to respond as my thumbs fumbled with each other.

Did I want the people of America to think of me as a cheater? Would I be willing to put my relationship with Christine at risk to save my reputation? Man, I was so screwed. There was nothing else I could do to get out of this but lie. So I decided to go for it and quickly made something up.

"Christine Miller and I broke up a long time ago. She was just too clingy, you know?" Everyone stared at me with wide eyes, including Coach Julien.

The minute those words left my mouth, I instantly regretted them. At least the reporters didn't ask me anything else about my personal life afterwards. Once the press conference was finished, I quickly left the building and headed over to my hotel, not bothering to talk to anyone. Brad and the rest of the guys were probably out partying, but all I wanted to do was go to bed. And that's when the guilt began to eat me alive.

What the hell was wrong with me? Christine being clingy? That right there was the biggest lie of all time. In fact, I was the one that had clung onto her when she first came to Boston.

I remembered how fragile and hurt Christine looked when she told me about her ex at the beach that day. Right away, I had made a promise to myself that I'd protect her at all costs and make her mine, so she wouldn't have to be heartbroken anymore.

My eyes looked up at the ceiling as I replayed the past year I'd spent with Christine. And they were indeed the happiest months of my life. Every time we saw each other, an indescribable feeling would trigger inside of me. This coming August would mark our two-year anniversary. I just prayed that we'd still be together by then.

Choosing my girlfriend over my reputation was the stupidest mistake I had ever made in my entire life. The truth was, I loved Christine with all my being, from the moment we first laid eyes on each other. I just never told her because I didn't want to rush our relationship. She made me feel like no other woman in this world.

Even though I screwed everything up and broke a bunch of promises tonight, I still wanted to see Christine again. Who knows, what if she hadn't watched the press conference? Dear god I hoped that was the case, because I couldn't even imagine what it'd be like to lose her.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N- I don't even know what to say right now...We all knew that this was going to happen sooner or later, though. Would you guys have done what Tyler did if you were in his position? What made this chapter even sadder was the fact that Tyler revealed how much he loved Christine. Is there a chance that she'll forgive him? Or will their relationship fall apart like her first one with Karl did? On a different note, yesterday for the homecoming pepfest, the juniors at my school wore yellow tshirts that some kid designed and it said, "Our girls are hot, the boys are fine, we're the class of 6+9." You know, cause they're the class of '15. And our principal got them all in trouble. It was hilarious. The football game last night was absolutely incredible and we won, which didn't surprise me. Tonight's the dance and I'm so excited for it(: But anyways, subscribe and comment!