Status: I know Tyler Seguin got traded to the Dallas Stars, but I started this fanfic before it was announced. In my story, he will still play as a Bruin.

Becoming Mrs. Seguin

Chapter 29- Letting Him Go

Christine's POV

"Christine, where were you last night?", a female voice spoke.

I slowly stirred awake, rubbing the sleep out of my swollen eyes to see who it was. Savannah.

"Oh, you're back," I said.

"Yeah, I just got here. It's already eleven, you know," she informed.

"Well if you don't mind, I'm going back to sleep," I replied grumpily, pulling the blanket back over my body. Savannah sighed, throwing her purse onto the ground as she sat down next to me.

"How come you never showed up last night at Andrew's? What happened?", she demanded with an authoritative tone.

"Nothing, just leave me alone."

"Christine, it's pretty obvious that you've been crying all night. I'm your best friend. Please tell me," she pleaded.

Out of reluctance, I retold everything that went on at the press conference to Savannah. But the funny thing was, I didn't even shed a single tear. Of course I was anguished and heartbroken about Tyler, but he had made it official that he never felt anything for me.

What was the point in crying over someone that didn't even love you?

Savannah was left speechless after I finished telling her the story. She pulled me into a huge hug, and to my surprise, tears were slowly falling down her face. Had something happened to her, too? Was it Andrew?

"Hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?", I asked.

"I just...I can't believe that you had to go through all of this by yourself last night. I should've been here with you instead of that party," she said.

"Savannah, don't say that," I protested. "It's not even your fault."

"But still, what did you do to deserve this? I swear, if I ever see Tyler again, I will beat the living daylights out of him," she declared angrily.

Throughout the day, I received several phone calls and texts from Tyler, but I ignored them all, not wanting to have anything to do with him anymore. Hopefully, he had gotten the message that our relationship was over. It would make things easier for me this way if I didn't have to see him in person.

Later that week, I drove Savannah and Andrew to the airport for their flight to Florida, which reminded me of when Tyler and I flew to San Francisco last summer. If only I could rewind back to those months. Savannah told me to stay strong and that things would get better soon. But the truth was, it'd probably take a lot longer than that. After all, Tyler had meant the world to me.

Sunday night came and I had just finished packing my suitcase. At a rough time like this, there was nowhere else I'd rather be than back home with my family. They were all looking forward to seeing me tomorrow. If only I could return the happiness for them, but as of right now, I was anything but happy.

I went to shower, changing into a pair of shorts and my Bruins tshirt before heading to bed. As I was about to fall asleep, I heard a loud knock on my door. Who would possibly come here this late? Could it be Damon? He did say that he'd stop by to see me before I left tomorrow. But for goodness sake, it was nearly eleven already.

The knocking began to sound more urgent and loud, so I immediately got out of bed to see who it was. A gasp escaped my lungs at the sight of Tyler standing outside my door. But the worst part was, he smelled heavily of alcohol.

His brown eyes were bloodshot and he even had to lean against the building to support himself. To say the least, he looked like a total intoxicated mess. The last time I saw Tyler this drunk was at the club two years ago. And if my memory served me correctly, things had gotten way out of hand that night...

Just like they're going to be in a matter of seconds if I don't make him leave this instant.

"I have no desire to see you. Go away," I said with a tone of pure hostility, about to close the door when Tyler forced it open with his hand.

"Why haven't you been answering my texts or calls?", he demanded, looking right into my eyes.

"Tyler, I mean it. Get out."

"Not until you tell me what the hell is going on," he declared furiously, shoving me out of the way as he stumbled into my room. I groaned in aggravation and shut the door, then turned to face him.

"I can't believe you even have the nerve to come here after what you did."

"What the hell are you talking about?", he exclaimed, raising his voice.

" 'Oh, I broke up with Christine Miller a long time ago. She was just too clingy, you know?' Does that sound familiar?", I spat. Tyler cursed under his breath and started pacing the room, avoiding any eye contact with me whatsoever.

"How did you know about that?", he asked roughly.

"I watched your press conference last Saturday. You've been cheating on me all this time, yet you still called that morning and acted like nothing was going on. How could you, Tyler?"

"You know, I never wouldn't have slept with all of those puck sluts if you had been a better girlfriend," he retorted.

"Excuse me?" I did my best to remain calm, even though all I wanted to do right now was punch Tyler in the face.

"You're fucking terrible in bed. You don't even let me drink a beer without spazzing out about it. We can't go to the club for an hour without having you complain about the loud music. My god, you're the most boring girl I've ever met. No wonder your ex dumped you."

It felt as if a dagger had gone straight through my heart. I stood there, staring at Tyler as tears began to well up in my eyes. What he had said to me was just plain cruel, even if it was because of the alcohol.

"At least I'm not a whore like you are," I muttered to myself.

"What did you say?!", Tyler demanded, making his way over to me.

"At least I'm not a man-whore," I repeated through clenched teeth.

A look of boiling rage grew on Tyler's red face and before I could even react, his hand came in contact with my cheek. Immediately, I felt the stinging pain from where he had slapped me. Who knew that he could be violent like this? Tears streamed down my face as I looked up at Tyler in utter shock. And for the first time in my life, I was scared of him.

"Babe, I-I'm," he stuttered, attempting to cup my cheek with his hand, but I quickly moved it away.

"Get away from me," I spoke, my body trembling with fear.

"Christine, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to," Tyler said worriedly.

"You slapped me!", I exclaimed in disbelief, covering my cheek with the palm of my hand.

"Baby, you know that I'd never do anything to hurt you. It was just an accident," he said gently, his eyes softening.

"You've done enough already. Get out of my dorm." I pushed Tyler out of the way and went to get the Bruins jersey he had gotten for me from my dresser. "And go find some other skank to give this to," I said angrily, throwing it at his chest.

"You're breaking up with me?", Tyler demanded as he stood there with a bewildered expression on his face.

"We were already over from the night those words left your mouth at the press conference," I replied firmly.

"Christine, just hear me out." he begged with pleading eyes.

"Don't make this harder for me than it already is. Just go," I said, my voice breaking as I fought to hold back the tears that were threatening to escape.

Tyler gave me one last look before turning around to leave, slamming the door behind him. I sank onto the ground and cried, letting all of my emotions out. I still couldn't believe that Tyler slapped me. The alcohol really had brought out the worst in him. Why did things have to end this way? Did he not see that what we had was special?

Ending my relationship with Tyler was probably the most difficult thing I'd ever had to do in my entire life. He was the guy that had brought meaning and joy to my life, but on the other hand, was also the one that had left me shattered and broken. I guess we just weren't meant to be together.

The second Tyler had walked out the door, I realized that it wasn't going to be easy to get my heart back from his possession. Because even after everything he had done to hurt me, deep down inside, I still loved him.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N- I seriously am so angry at Tyler right now. He had one last chance to confess his love for Christine and fix things up but he just ruined it, being drunk and all. How did you guys react to him slapping her? Will she do anything about it? On the bright side, I'm so happy that hockey season is back. I watched the Stars play on Thursday and to be honest, it sure was hard for me to see Tyler with a green jersey on. But the Bruins defeated Tampa Bay, so that was good(: Anyways, I won't be able to update for quite a while because of schoolwork, but I will as soon as I have time. I still can't thank you guys enough for being so supportive of this story!