Status: I know Tyler Seguin got traded to the Dallas Stars, but I started this fanfic before it was announced. In my story, he will still play as a Bruin.

Becoming Mrs. Seguin

Chapter 34- Never Forgotten

Tyler's POV

*Two Years Later*

"Good-bye, son. Play hard at your next game, alright?", my father said to me as he and the rest of my family were about to head inside the airport.

"I always do. And thanks for coming to celebrate Thanksgiving with me. It means a lot," I replied.

"We had to. Your mother and I missed you so much." I gave him a hug before turning to my sisters.

"See you soon, Ty. And if you ever find a new girlfriend, I'd love to meet her," Cassidy said with a teasing smile, pulling me into a warm embrace.

"Oh god, don't even talk about it."

I'd sure miss my younger sisters, especially since I barely ever got to see them anymore. We had such a close bond. Growing up back in Ontario, the three of us would always do everything together. Except for shower of course. God, that'd be awkward. I hugged my mother and Candace then watched as they all left before heading back to my car.

Tonight, the boys and I were heading out to celebrate Nick's birthday. I had made reservations at an exclusive nightclub earlier for everyone that was coming, but first, we'd go see the Patriots play over in Foxborough. It'd be a great way for us college buds to get together. I hadn't seen them in a while, too.

As I was driving home, my mind suddenly drifted to the one person I've tried so hard to forget. It had been over two years since I last saw Christine Miller. And honest-to-god, not having her around made those two years the longest, most miserable years of my life.

The NHL season kept me preoccupied, (our team hadn't made it to the Stanley Cup Final ever since the summer we defeated Pittsburgh, by the way) but on days where I had nothing going on, that's when I began to really miss her.

Now that the holidays were coming up, I'd think about Christine even more. Christmas had a whole new meaning when I spent it with her. I had realized then that she was all I'd ever want in my life. Not money, cars, or even a reputation as an elite athlete. Those things could never mean as much to me as she did.

If there was a way for me to go back to that one night in June two years ago, I would. And this time, I'd tell Christine how much I loved her instead of acting like a total dick. But it was too late. I had ruined my chances of ever getting to be with her again.

Sometimes, I wondered if she had found a different guy. I mean, who wouldn't want to date Christine? Well, she probably was with someone else now. Well whoever he happened to be, I envied him for getting to be the luckiest man alive.

That night, Nick and I drove over to the club after the Patriots' game had ended. Everyone else would meet us there, too. I shoved my hands deep into my jeans' pockets, shivering slightly at the cold breeze as we entered the door. Since when were Boston's temperatures this low in November?

"Finally, you guys are here. What took so long?", my friend, Justin, called once we got to the back of the club.

"Traffic," Nick yelled over the sound of the pounding bass.

I hadn't gone partying in a while and to be honest, I actually missed it. So tonight, I'd just worry about having a good time. I mean, a little fun never hurt anybody, right?

I took my jacket off then headed over to the bar to order some drinks. Everyone started off with a couple of beers and then the guys and I headed onto the dance floor.

As I grinded with some blonde chick, I noticed out of the corner of my eye a girl staring straight at me. She was sitting with a few of her friends and wore the tightest black dress I'd ever seen. Before I could go over to her and ask if she wanted to dance, Nick tapped me on the shoulder.

"Should we open the champagne bottle now?", he asked.

"Yeah, sounds good."

I excused myself from Miss Blondie then headed back to the table my friends were at. Justin handed the champagne bottle to Nick and then he popped the cork open.

"Holy shit!", he exclaimed as the red liquid erupted all over the place, getting on his hands and shirt. The rest of us stood there, laughing our heads off.

I took the bottle from Nick and poured what was left of the champagne into glasses. After I finished mine, I turned around to walk back to the dance floor when I bumped right into someone. It was that girl from before with the insanely tight dress.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," she apologized, bending down to pick up the glass she had dropped. Damn, she had a nice ass.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Do you want me to buy you another drink?", I offered.

"Oh no. I was already done with this. See, it's empty," she replied, waving her glass in midair.

"You sure? I was just going to get a drink myself."

"Well in that case, I'll come with you."

I gave her a smile and then we headed towards the bar. I bought her a shot of tequila and some vodka for myself. As I drank, I took in the features of the girl sitting next to me.

She was about 5'6", with long, wavy brown hair. Her eyes were a deep, icy shade of blue with extremely long lashes, which I knew were probably fake. Overall, she was pretty hot, though.

We didn't talk much, but I managed to find out that she had had a huge crush on me ever since I was drafted to the Bruins. Before I knew it, an entire hour had already passed.

"Would you mind driving me home after this? My ride already left," she asked, sounding completely drunk after having three other shots of tequila earlier.

"No problem. I'll go grab my jacket real quick and then we can leave."

"Thank you," she replied.

I told Nick and the others that I was leaving, wishing him a happy birthday. Only he was so drunk, he couldn't even remember that we were here because of his birthday in the first place.

When we arrived in front of the girl's apartment, a sinking feeling hit my chest. I didn't want her to go just yet. It seemed like she didn't either, the way her eyes were looking at me, full of want and desire. I felt myself instantly growing hard just sitting in the car next to her.

To my surprise, she grabbed my face and kissed me right on the lips as her hands roamed the front of my shirt. Before she could begin to undo the buttons, I stopped her.

"We should go inside," I said in a husky tone, my breath coming out in low pants.

She nodded her head and then we both got out of my car. I followed her inside the house as she led me upstairs to her bedroom. Just the thought of getting to bang this girl senseless for the whole night was enough to make me stay.

***

The vibration of my phone woke me up the next morning. I looked on my right to see a girl fast asleep beside me, the bedsheets covering her bare body. What the heck happened?

I reached for my jeans on the floor, careful not to wake the girl as I grabbed my phone from the pocket. It was Brad Marchand, my best friend.

Attempting to be as quiet as possible, I got out of bed and put on my boxers before heading into the bathroom to call Brad back.

"Ty? How's it going, man?", he asked.

"I'm fine. Why did you call?"

"Are you drunk? 'Cause you sure sound like it," he remarked.

"Yeah, I went out with the guys for Nick's birthday last night. So, is there anything you want to tell me?"

"Guess who I saw on Black Friday."

"Who?", I asked with a hint of curiosity.

"Your beloved ex," Brad replied.

"Christine? Did you talk to her?" I could feel myself growing more anxious by the second.

"No. I drove by the Macy's downtown and saw her getting into her car. She had so much stuff packed in the trunk," Brad replied with a chuckle. I smiled to myself, remembering how Christine had always gone all out when it came to Black Friday.

"I can't believe it's been two years already. God, I miss her," I said, letting out a deep sigh.

"Me too. She's probably more beautiful now than she was before, if that's even possible," Brad stated innocently.

"Wow, that sure helps."

"So anyways, what are you doing right now?"

"Actually, it's funny how you mentioned Christine. Don't hate me but I'm in some girl's bedroom. Apparently we had a one-night stand." I mentally wanted to slap myself at the moment.

"Wow, Ty. That's just great," Brad said sarcastically.

"I know, I'm such an idiot. I got to go now. She just woke up. See you at practice."

"Alright."

I set my phone down on the sink and groaned in frustration. Why the hell did I sleep with that girl in the first place? For crying out loud, I didn't even know her name!

And now that I thought about it, she was probably just some slut like the other girls I've bedded. I seriously could not stand living like this anymore. Using girls and just throwing them away at my disposal.

More than ever, I needed Christine Miller. The one and only true love of my life. I had no idea what it'd take to get her back, but I vowed that at the end of it all, she'd be mine again.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N- So, now you guys have an idea of what Tyler's been going through during this time period. Any ideas on what he'll do to try and get Christine back? I hope everyone's been having a great holiday season. I'm done with school for now until January, so I should be able to update again later this week. Speaking of next year, I'm so excited for the Winter Olympics! Seguin better get to play for Team Canada. And as usual, remember to subscribe and comment!