Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FORTYFIVE

"Alice! " Jackie says as she, Paul and Cassidy walk into our house followed by Tyler and we hug all three of them.
"Oh I'm so glad you guys are here!" I tell them squeeze Cassidy tightly and she laughs. "Cass! Wait until the dresses get in! You are going to love them" I tell her and she smiles.
"I can't wait to see them."
"Alright let's get you guys settled into the guest bedroom." Tyler says and Candace and Tyler and help them with their bags. The girls both had three weeks off for Christmas break and we talked Paul and Jackie to get the week off. Candace has already been here for one week and when this week is over and Jackie and Paul go back, Cassidy is also staying an extra week. Both the girls were excited to have the week with us and I don't think Paul and Jackie would mind the alone time at all.
I left them to get settled in their rooms headed into our room where Tyler was getting ready for his pregame nap. I crawl on the bed over to him and he pulls me into his arms so I'm snuggled against his chest. "It's going to be nice having everyone here for Christmas." I tell him and he nods. My parents were also coming here for Christmas dinner.
"Yeah, It's nice to see my parents and Cassidy again." He kisses my hair.
"I should let you rest Ty. I'll wake you up later." I kiss him and then leave the room, shutting the door behind me, and I head into Cassidy's room where I see Candace sitting on the bed and Marshall laying on the floor by the closet as she unpacks for the next two weeks. "Hey girlies." I say and sit on the queen sized bed next to the older sister.
"Hey Alice. Oh I brought this for you." Cassidy pulls out a magazine that is only in Canada and I smirk when I open it and see they are gossiping about our wedding plans. Of course they would. I'm Canadian and I'm now one top 10 richest Canadians while Tyler is a star Canadian hockey player. I found it funny.
"They have nothing better to talk about?"
"Apparently you two are the hot top right now, considering no one thought he was going to ever get married."
"They just doubted him too much." I joke and the girls nod as I look it over. It says here that my wedding dress was strapless and covered in bling. Ha-ha that's a funny one. "They seriously took a pool on how long we will we be married before we get a divorce? Who does that?" I ask as I read over the poll results.
"Alice don't listen to any of that negative shit! It's just crap." Candace says and I put it down.
"Your right. Come on girls. Let's go make dinner. I was planning on lasagna."
"Yes!"
"Is her cooking good?" I hear Cassidy ask Candace.
"So good. You have no idea." I hear Candace clarify and I can't help but smile.

"This is the locker room." I say as I show my soon to be in-laws around the arena. They go over to chat with Tyler and I see Candace go over and talk to Lane. I think she likes him, I just really think that she doesn't want to get involved with another hockey player. I need to remember to talk to her about that. Candace gives Lane a hug and then goes over to Tyler so I take the opportunity to talk to Lane.
"Hey Lane."
"Hey Alice. How is it going with the in-laws in town?"
"Great. I got lucky with them being so wonderful."
"Yeah I bet."
"So I was wondering if I could ask you something."
"Yeah of course." He says and smiles at me. He seriously has one of the biggest hearts in this room and If he likes Candace then I was dedicated to setting them up.
"What do you think about Candace?" I ask and he looks at me like he knows what I'm up to and shakes his head while smiling.
"What do you mean Alice? She is Tyler's sister so it really doesn't matter what I think."
"Lane will you please just answer my question?"
"I think she is great. I think she is beautiful and I would love to take her out. Anyone would be lucky to date her."
"Date who?" I turn and see the hurt look on Candace's face. That was enough confirmation for me. She liked Lane and this just made is obvious.
"Oh uh…"
"Candace come on honey, we need to let the boys get ready." Jackie calls and Candace looks between us one more time before walking out and I turn to Lane.
"I'll handle that I promise." I give him a quick hug before I walk over to Tyler.
"Why do I have a feeling you are up to something?"
"I really want you to be ok with Lane asking Candace out." I say and he smiles and shrugs.
"I'm fine with it. If I trust anyone, it's him." He says and I look at him shocked.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Ok well great." I hug him. "Good luck Tyler. I love you."
"Love you Al." He says and I walk back to Lane.
"Tyler said he is fine with it. So that means you need to ask her out ASAP." I tell him and he smiles and nods.
"I won't hesitate." He tells me and I smiles in satisfaction… Now to deal with an upset Candace.

"Can-Can?" I ask her in my sweetest voice but she ignores me and I frown. "Can-Can please don't ignore me… You might like what I have to say." She still doesn't look at me but I see a hint of a smile playing on her lips. "Can-Can… have I ever steered you wrong before?" I ask and she finally smiles at me.
"What Alice?"
"You like Lane huh?" I ask and she looks back towards the ice, embarrassed and I catch her blush. "He likes you too." I say and she grins at me.
"Really?"
"Yup." I say with a smile.
"What did he say?"
"I'm not spilling the beans!" I tease her and she turns her attention back to the game, now in a much better mood.