Status: Finished

Bruised and Scarred.

Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't)

“What was that Jessa?”
“What was what?” I answered with a question, obviously avoiding the question by looking down and fidgeting with my shirt. Niall wasn’t having any of my nonsense right now and placed his hand under my chin bringing my face up to look him in the eyes.
“The kiss”
He let go of my face and I continued to fidget.
“Well umm…you said to prove that I wouldn’t overdose. So I proved it” I said like it was something he could figure out. He sat beside me and sighed. “What does that supposed to mean?”
“I know as much as you do”
He nearly snapped.
“Jessa, you know what you’re thinking about. You know why you kissed me. Why can’t you tell me why?”
“Because it wasn’t supposed to happen Niall!” I exclaimed, standing up and facing him.
“I wasn’t supposed to do that. I acted instead of thinking. Now look where that got us? Trapped in my room talking about how I kissed you for no damn reason when I know the real reason, but there’s no way in hell I’m about to tell you it. I won’t tell any of the guys either just so you can’t ask them. Ok? I do know why I kissed you and I’m afraid to share it because I don’t want hate from your fans, and I don’t want this to ruin our friendship if you didn’t feel the same way”
I pretty much lost track of what I was saying and started banging on the door asking Harry to let me out. When the door didn’t open I fell back against it and slouched down to the floor. I started crying into my shirt while Niall stood up and walked over to me. I was full on sobbing like I did when I watched The Notebook. I felt pathetic to be crying like this over him and in front of him. “Hey, hey, shh it’s ok”
“No it’s not, because now I just blurted everything and I just don’t even know anymore”
He sat down next to me and held me like he did when my dad barged in at the hospital. Not that I wanted to remember the event of only a day ago, but the way he held me then and now both calmed me down and made me feel like there was nothing else in the world, but the two of us.
“Jessa, you having said that couldn’t possibly destroy our friendship if the feeling is mutual”
My eyes nearly fell out from how huge they grew at that statement. I kind of wanted to jump up and down in a bouncy castle full of glitter and stuffed animals. It’s just the next thing I knew he was returning the favor and kissing me. It was mesmerizing and thrilling enough to last for a life time. The sad thing is he looked so happy when we pulled apart. He just didn’t know that I found a way to replace cutting.
~
The next day I had to haul five idiots around to interviews and such before their concert, the beginning to their European part of the tour. What Niall didn’t know didn’t hurt him, right? Despite my injuries I was still allowed to come back to work as long as I wasn’t the one pushing fans back and that I wasn’t the one putting myself at risk to making my injuries worse. That and we didn’t know anyone who could have possibly stayed back with me. So as I herded the five boys past the crowd and into the radio station I focused on getting all five of them inside and away from the prying fangirls who only want to jump their bones and afterwards marry them and have babies. They’re gorgeous so who wouldn’t.
That brings us to the interview. It started off like any normal interview asking about the upcoming tour, what the fans are like, how they were formed, yadi yadi yada. The question that caught my attention was when the interviewer asked, “Niall, who is the girl that is with you guys all the time? At the shows, at interviews, and just about every place that you guys have to go?”
The interviewer must not have noticed me standing by the door or anywhere near them when she walked in. “She’s an extra body guard of ours, and a friend of mine that I’ve known for a while” he answered honestly. I’m not their main bodyguard, but I do follow them everywhere because I have known them ever since the beginning. “Why did you decide to have her as a bodyguard?” the interviewer asked probably trying to get more details about me and that I’m in some way part of his love life. It’s true in a way, we do share mutual feelings, but we agreed not to act upon these feelings just until the European part of the tour was over. Niall shrugged and Liam took over, “I think we decided to have her as a bodyguard because she and Niall were like the best of friends that you couldn’t have one without the other. She was just there from the start so we decided to ask her to do a very important job that she loves” The interviewer nodded and looked over the rest of the questions.
“What is up with being at the hospital? Reports have shown that Niall hadn’t left for a couple days?”
I think they all panicked a little like they didn’t know what to say. “We were visiting a friend in the hospital. I don’t think they’d want anymore said about them” Zayn took over.
I mouthed ‘Thank You’ to him in which he slightly nodded.
~
Honestly no other interview will ask about me. Anyways that’s part of the past and instead I’m enjoying the free concert that I listen to everyday for however many days out of this year and next. I enjoyed it for now and helped pack up when it was over. Well I did until Niall and Liam walked over to me saying that I shouldn’t be lifting or doing much anything and instead should be keeping my five idiotic friends from bothering everyone who was working on taking the stage down. Right now it was like playing Hide and Seek with a bunch of five year olds. I was faced with my back against the wall outside their dressing room. That’s the last place I saw one of them go in. The tricky part of all of this is that there’s a door on the other side of their dressing room. I saw that it was opened just a hair so I slightly pushed it a little more. Expecting to hear someone running out the other door I instead saw Lux waddle out the door. I bent down to her level and said, “Hi, Lux! Wanna play a game?” She nodded and looked up at me with such cute adorable baby eyes. “Okay, we’re going to play find Louis, Harry, Zayn, Liam, and Niall” After hearing those names she took off back into their dressing room and ran towards the other door as fast as her little legs could carry her without stumbling all over the place. I followed and grabbed the random Nerf gun that was laying on a table in the dressing room. I followed Lux out the back door and down the hall. On the wall opposite of us there was a Men’s room and a Woman’s washroom. I flattened myself on the wall next to the woman’s room and Lux followed. Holding the gun up gangster style I waited for the victim to step out of the room. Knowing them, one of them would hide in there.
All of 2 minutes later a slightly shaved head with a quiff stuck his head out the door. I aimed and shot the foam dart aiming for his shoulder. He dramatically fell outside the bathroom door, causing Lux to walk up next to him and then look at me holding up one finger. “That’s right Lux! One down four to go. Where do you think the rest are?” She started scrambling down the hallway away from where we caught Liam and towards a room next to the door that leads backstage. This was where Lou does their hair and a well known hiding spot for Harry. Lux pointed at the door knob, silently asking for me to open it. I put out my hand to open the door, but backed away when I heard noise that sounded deep and husky. Kind of like a curly haired lad that I know. “Okay I’ll tell you before it’s time to go onstage” came the familiar voice, closer than it was before. He opened the door and stopped out, opting to go in the opposite direction of the side of the door that I was standing on. This gave me the perfect timing to shoot him. At the feeling of the dart hitting him in the back he faked like his legs were giving out underneath him and fell to the floor. Lux, once again looked at me and held up two fingers. “That’s good Lux! Two out of five!” You see me and Lux always team up on things like this. She doesn’t talk much and will follow the guys around when they tell her that they’re playing hide and seek. This time Lux went in the direction Harry was going to go and started scrambling down the hall. She stopped in front of the catering room. Most likely where Niall will be, instead of waiting for me to open the door she stood against the wall and waited. Moments later, Niall walked out just as I suspected. It wasn’t hard to take him down when he reacted to a Nerf gun pointing at him. I put the Nerf gun to his heart and asked, “Where are the others”
“I don’t know! They don’t usually tell me where they’re going to hide”
“Tell me now, Horan”
“Okay! Louis is probably running around the building and Zayn is probably in the bathroom checking his hair”
“Good” I smirked.
“Goo” Lux said.
“Come with us, Horan. You’ll be needed”
Niall walked with us while I had the Nurf gun to his heart, so that if he tried to get away he would “die” and it would be game over. When we reached the Men’s bathroom I looked at Niall who looked at me. With a silent head nod I opened the door and told him to make Zayn come out.
I don’t know what those two girls were doing in there, but they are slower than molasses in January. Meanwhile, waiting for them Louis was running down the corridor getting away from one of the other bodyguards. As he ran by I shot him, immediately causing him to fall. Lux held up three fingers and I nodded. The body guard who was chasing him walked over to me and Lux looking in-between Louis lying on the floor and us. “I don’t know how you did it, but you did it”
“No need to thank us. It just takes a little bit a team work and fast reflexes”
“Right” he said, going along with what I had to say.
“Can I ask a favor of you? There are two girls in there taking forever to surrender. If you could please take this Nerf gun and get them to come quietly that would be great!”
He shook his head and walked in with the Nerf gun in his back pocket. I heard some conversing take place, but I didn’t understand what was being said. A couple minutes later Blondie and Zayn were walking out with not one, but two Nerf guns pointed at them. The bodyguard handed one to me and at the same time shot Niall. I quickly grabbed the gun and shot Zayn before he could make a getaway. Lux looked and me and held all five fingers up and I nodded. She then put her fist out and I fist bumped her. After that I walked her back to Lou’s room and told her the tail of how quickly we took out all five of them.
~
The next day we had time in the morning to do something before the show so I walked into Niall’s room and I’m like, “I want to dye my hair” He looked at me like I had twelve heads and then said, “Sure. Let’s go”
♠ ♠ ♠
If you don't think this chapter is just THE cutest thing ever you seriously need to get your head checked.

Not even kidding -.-

Can't read my. Can't read my. No you can't read my poker face.

Seriously though tell someone about how cute this chapter is. I'm waiting...waiting. for comments about how cute this is...