Raven and the Beast

Worried

Raven's pov
I sat down next to him and took the remote. "We're not listening to this." I said, turning off the tv. "So why are you in here? I thought you went to sleep." Beast Boy asked. "Well....I wasn't as tired as I thought I was." I lied, not wanting to worry him with the truth, if he didn't already notice. I saw Slade looking at me when he said apprentice. "Oh..ok." He said. "What about you?" I asked and as soon as I did, I felt worried. I soon realized that it was him. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Well..I saw Slade look at you when he was talking about getting a new apprentice...and it worried me. Also I knew if I tried to sleep, I would have nightmares about it." He explained, his face scrunching up in pain at the thought. I felt so bad for him. I hated seeing him have such a painful expression. It made me want to hold him and never let go....which is weird coming from me. Realizing that I could now do that, I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist and buried my face in his neck. "Whoa! Rae! Are you ok?" He asked, surprised by my sudden actions. I pulled away slowly. "Sorry....and yeah I'm fine." I mumbled. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yeah it's just....I saw it too.." I said. He looked at me with concern written all over his face. He pulled me towards him and hugged me. "I won't let him get anywhere near you. I promise." He said. I broke free from his embrace and backed away. He looked at me with a mixture of hurt and curiosity in his eyes. "That's what I'm afraid of. That you guys are gonna get hurt trying to keep me from him or he'll threaten to hurt you guys like he did with Robin." I explained looking down. He lifted my head and kissed me softly. "Raven I don't care if it kills me. I won't let him get to you." He promised. I hated the thought of him dying to protect me. I don't know what I would do if he died. I sighed. "I don't want you to die trying to protect me though." I cried. I felt my eyes start to water. I told myself not think about it but it didn't help. A tear fell. "Rae? Are you crying?" He asked. I pulled my hood up. "No." I replied in my normal monotone. I continued to sob quietly, trying my hardest not to make a sound. He pulled my good back down and revealed the tears flowing freely from my eyes. He wiped them away and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and continued to cry. He rubbed my back, trying to comfort me. I started to calm down and as I did, I dozed off. I don't know if he did too or not, but I woke up a few moments later to the sound of thunder. I sat up sleepily to see him awake. "Was it supposed to storm?" I asked. He shrugged. I stood up. "I'm making tea...would you like to try some?" I asked. "Sure I guess." He replied. I headed for the kitchen and and out the kettle on the stove and turned it on.