Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

Hannah and Shae's New Friend

Shae takes a second to catch his breath in the back of the van.

“Who are you?” he hears Hannah ask.

“I’m on your side. Call me Cinnamon," the southerner responds.

“Do you know who we are?” asks Hannah, Shae can hear her reloading her gun.

He hears Cinnamon chuckle. “I’ve read all about you two on the internet, some of those fangirls are quite mad at you.”

“What are you doing on the fangirl side of the internet?” asks Shae, joining the conversation.

Cinnamon chuckles again. “I dabble,” he says.

This guy is weird, but he’s helping them out so Shae is thankful.

“Where are you taking us?” asks Hannah.

“I’ve been looking for you guys for a while. I can help you guys get to Oliver.”

“Why do you care if we get to Oliver?” she asks. She doesn’t trust this guy.

“I respect what you two are doing. I want to help,” says Cinnamon.

Shae is almost certain this man is insane but he seems nice. Shae looks at Hannah. She seems to have relaxed a little.

Shae leans back in the seat, his breathing has returned to normal and his pulse is slowing back down. It’s a bummer that they lost the car but now they have Cinnamon, and his van. Hopefully this man is telling the truth and he will help them.

--
As Hannah wakes up it takes her a while to realise where she is. She turns around to check on Shae, he’s asleep across the seats behind her.

“You should go back to sleep, girl. It’s late and I can’t imagine that ya’ll had it easy the pass few weeks.”

Hannah scoffs. She looks at the time; it’s just after midnight. “I’ll be fine,” she responds.

“You’re a sassy little thing aren’t you?” says Cinnamon. Hannah doesn’t respond. “Anyway, I got this for you guys,” he says. Cinnamon turns the stereo on and Bring Me The Horizon starts playing.

Shae wakes up to the sound of Bring Me The Horizon. He sits up and rubs the sleep from his eyes. He must have been asleep for a few hours.

Hannah turns around in the front seat and faces him. “Did you leave anything in the Jeep?” she asks.

Shae nods. “Yeah, the Bring Me The Horizon CD and my gun,” he says sadly.

“I can give you some new firearms,” says Cinnamon. “There’s a few back there.” He's referring to the seats behind Shae.

Shae nods. He’s not sure why this crazy man is helping them out but he’s not going to complain.

--
The three drive without speaking to each other for a few minutes, the only sound being Bring Me The Horizon playing from the car stereo before Cinnamon pulls into a nice hotel.

“You guys must be sick of sleepin’ in cheap motels,” he says, parking the car.