‹ Prequel: Chain of Events
Status: Feeling depressed and I chose the title because that what it feels like right now. Don't bash me for what I feel. I changed it from NC-17 to PG-13 since my plans changed for this story.

My Heart's a Battleground

Bonus Chapter- Waltz of the Damned

Axel arrived at the clock tower to see Ren was already there with their ice cream. Ren looked up at Axel with a smile.

"Hey, sorry that I'm late," Axel chuckled while scratching the back of his head.

Ren smiled and handed him his ice cream, "I'm used to you being late, Axel."

Axel then plopped down next to Ren and took a bite out of his ice cream. He then heard Ren pipe up, "Since you're late, you're buying ice cream next time."

Axel laughed, "Fair enough."

Ren smiled and looked back at the sunset. She thought it looked absolutely beautiful today for some reason. She then looked over at Axel to see him laying back while eating his ice cream. She could see that he was really relaxed right now. Ren finished up her ice cream and continued to look at the sunset. After a few minutes, Ren looked back at Axel to see him chewing his ice cream stick. Ren was happy that Axel accepted her going out on dates. They have gone a few dates now to Radiant Garden. She then thought of something.

"Axel," Ren spoke up.

"Hmmm?" Axel hummed as he continued to look up at the sky and chewing on the stick.

"Instead of buying ice cream next time..." Ren started, "Can we go on another date?"

Axel turned his head to see that Ren was blushing a little. He chuckled as he saw her face that shade. Axel then sat back up and looked at Ren, "Sure! I have the perfect place."

"Not Radiant Garden?" Ren asked.

"Nah, not today. I know a new place," Axel replied standing up and held out his hand to Ren.

Ren smiled and took his hand as he helped her up. Axel made a door to darkness and walked through it with Ren. Ren didn't like it when her and Axel had to walk through the door to darkness to get to certain places. She always clung to Axel and stayed close to him, afraid she'll get lost in the darkness. Ren saw the end of the darkness to reveal a gigantic castle. Ren gasped as she saw it.

"Wow! Axel this is incredible!" Ren replied excitedly.

"I thought you would like this. I found it the other day while working," Axel mentioned with a smirk.

Axel then went wide-eyed when Ren grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the doors of the castle. Ren opened the doors and went inside to see that the castle was completely dark. She still looked around excitedly even though it was poorly lit. Axel smiled as he watched Ren act like a little kid. Ren soon saw a staircase leading up to two huge doors.

"Come on, Axel! Let's take a look what's behind those doors!" Ren replied as she ran up the stairs.

"Ren! Wait up!" Axel shouted as he ran after her.

Axel knew that the owner of this castle wouldn't like them roaming around. He had to catch up to her. Ren then opened the doors to reveal a gigantic ballroom. Ren couldn't see the room since it was near pitch black if it wasn't for the starry night. Axel was out of breath when he finally caught up to Ren. He then stood up straight and looked around to see some candles in the darkness and even a chandelier. Axel snapped his fingers, lighting the candles with his fire and illuminating the room. He then saw the amazed look on Ren's face as soon as the ballroom was lit. He then smirked, "Like it?"

"Axel... this is beautiful..." Ren said breathless.

She took a few more steps and was in the middle of the ballroom. Ren looked up at the ceiling to see a painting of cherubs in the clouds. Ren twirled around and laughed before looking at Axel. She then smirked at him and held out her hand, "Dance with me Axel."

"Whaaaaaat?" Axel replied giving her a weird look.

"Awww, come on," Ren whined as she pursed her bottom lip in sadness.

"Ah, Ren... don't give me that face," Axel said as he scratched the back of his head. Ren still had her lip pursed and had puppy dog eyes as if begging. Axel sighed and shook his head, "All right, just this once."

Axel walked over to her and took her hand. He then placed his other hand on her hip and looked into her eyes. Ren smiled at him with a blush dusting her cheeks. Axel couldn't help but smile a little as he saw her blush. He then led her into a small waltz. Ren smiled more and placed her head on his chest, sighing happily. Axel looked down at her then placed his head on top of hers as he continued to dance with her.

After a few minutes, they both stopped and looked up at each other. Ren smiled then kissed Axel's cheek making Axel give her another strange look.

She giggled, "You're a lovely dancer."

Axel looked away and crossed his arms, "I am not. Don't think I'm getting soft on you either."

Ren giggled again and smiled, "I still mean it."

Axel looked back at her to see her smiling face. He loved it whenever Ren smiled. He also felt something strange in his chest when Ren kissed his cheek. He smiled back at her and tussled her hair, "I know you do."

They both jumped when they heard a roar. Axel made a door to darkness and grabbed Ren's hand, instantly running through it, "Time to go!"