Love Bites

Prologue-Secrets

"Gotta secret. Can you keep it? Swear this one you'll say. Better lock it in your pocket. Taking this one to the grave. If I show you, than I know you won't tell what I said. Cause two can't keep a secret if one of them is dead." I sang aloud to myself. The Pierces blared from my black skull candy headphones, decorated of course by cross bones.

The park was empty. I looked up to the giant white orb in the sky. I looked back down to my surroundings. The wind started to blow sending the treesinto a frenzy. I looked at the blue tunnel slide. Then at the yellow tunnel that connected the two parts of the children's playground. The sand below me stirred up as the wind increased. The swings across from me in the other sand box started to creak.

"How lame is my town?" I thought aloud to myself. "This is suppose to keep children interested? This heap of junk." I started to realize I was holding a full conversation with myself. "Gosh, why does Scar always disappear on a full moon?"

I got up and started to walk towards the sidewalk that led to the park's gate. I was walking to the gate when I felt a presence. I stopped and looked around my surroundings. The wind blew chills up my spine.

"Vincent," My name was carried on the wind.

"Is anybody there!?" I called aloud. I strained my eyes trying to find any shape around me. "Hello...," I said.

"Vincent...," I heard my name again. I turned around to see if I could find the prankster.

"Whoever you are this isn't funny." I yelled. Fear swelled inside my body. I turned back around towards the gate and found my path blocked by a figure in a black robe.

"Um, excuse me," I said sincerely. "I didn't see you there." I tried to walk around the guy but a hand caught my arm. I looked down at the pale hand that was wrapped firmly around my forearm.

"Dude let go." I whimpered as his grip got tighter and tighter. I looked from his pale hand to his face. Blonde curls stuck out from under the hood of his robe. Eyes as blue as Sapphires looked right at me, never breaking their gaze. Soft thin pink lips curved up in a smile revealing unbelievably sharp canines. In that instant his soft angelic face turned somewhat demonic.

I don't know why but every part of my body told me that I needed to get away from this guy. I could hear the voice inside my head telling me to run. That he was dangerous. But my body was frozen. It's as if his gaze held me in place. The air around us started to crackle. I looked around to the ice forming around us. The grass dying as soon as it was encased turning to a burnt black color. I knew immediately it was him. He was sucking the life from the living things around us.

"Who are you?" I cried out. He smiled as I asked this licking his lips seductively.

He barely opened his mouth but his words were carried by the wind floating around me, "I am your death and your life."

His free hand grabbed my jaw. The coolness of his touch sending shivers throughout my body. He pulled my face closer to his. I could smell the ocean breeze scent that radiated from his skin. I looked at his eyes, now as dark as the deepest abyss of the ocean gazed upon me. His face started to slowly ease past mines going towards my neck. His hand held my head in place as the silk of his hood rubbed against my face. I could faintly hear him whisper "Mines," His breath tickling my neck.

His teeth grazed my neck ever so gently searching. When they found what they were looking for I felt the pain. His teeth bore into my skin, screams of pain escaping my mouth. I tried to move, to fight him but I couldn't. My whole body was frozen solid. All I could do was scream into the night sky as this guy tore into my neck. I could feel good Adam's Apple bobbing up and down as he engulfed my blood.

I could feel the tears escape from my eyes. The world became blurry as consciousness slipped away from me.