Status: In progress!

Baby, You Save Me

Chapter Five

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a guitar playing. That may just be the best way to wake up. I’m gonna have to let Jack know that. I smiled and left the room to find Joe.

He was in his music room sitting in front of a music stand, strumming his guitar with his eyes closed. And then he started to sing.

“I knew you wouldn’t answer
After the things we said that night
You were crying
I grabbed the keys
We said goodbye
Well hang on
Please don’t hang up
Let me talk to your machine
I’ve had all this time to think about
What you mean to me

And I know we said it’s over
But my heart’s telling me that that ain’t right
And I know it can’t be over
Because I still reach up waking for you in the night
It took leaving for me to realize
There’s no good in goodbye,”

Joe played a few more chords. “Dammit!” he cussed quietly. I squeaked, and he looked up startled.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude, but I heard music playing, and I couldn’t help but get caught up,” I started to ramble.

“It’s ok,” he grinned. “I’m just mad because I can’t finish this song. I reach the end of the chorus and there is just nothing.”

I sat down next to him and studied the scribbled lyrics written in his lyric book for a minute.

“That’s because this song is a duet,” I stated matter of factly. I grabbed the book and his pencil, and swiftly wrote down a few lines. I handed the book back to him when I was done. “There try that,” I smiled shyly at him.

Joe quickly read through them and raised his eyebrows at me. “These are good. I’m impressed AJ. So you are a horse whisperer that is also an incredibly talented song writer?”

I shrugged my shoulders and laughed, “I’ve found that writing is one of the better outlets for emotion. I gotta get going, but thank you so much for letting me spend the night.”

“Wait!” He said right as I was standing up. “Just sing through it with me once, please? It doesn’t matter if you have a good voice or not. I have been writing this song for months and I want to finally know what it sounds like.”

I hesitated, and then he looked at me with those goddamn puppy dog eyes. “Fine.” I caved.

Joe:
I knew you wouldn’t answer
After the things we said that night
You were crying
I grabbed the keys
We said goodbye
Well hang on
Please don’t hang up
Let me talk to your machine
I’ve had all this time to think about
What you mean to me

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves, and joined in with Joe.

Both:
And I know we said it’s over
But my heart’s telling me that that ain’t right
And I know it can’t be over
Because I still reach up waking for you in the night
It took leaving for me to realize
There’s no good in goodbye

AJ:
I’m listening to you talking
Should I pick up the phone?
Lay my pride aside and say come home?
I’ve played that moment over
Time and time again
When giving up seemed easier than just giving in

Both:
And I know we said it’s over
But my heart’s telling me that that ain’t right
And I know it can’t be over
Because I still reach up waking for you in the night
It took leaving for me to realize
There’s no good in goodbye

Joe:
I’ll try to call you one more time

AJ:
Oh baby if you’ll just call me one more time

Both:
Then I’ll tell you
I’ll tell you

And I know we said it’s over
But my heart’s telling me that that ain’t right
And I know it can’t be over
Because I still reach up waking for you in the night
It took leaving for me to realize
There’s no good in goodbye
There’s no good in goodbye
No good in goodbye

“AJ that was absolutely incredible,” Joe breathed as the last notes of the song played. He turned toward me, and our faces were almost touching. All I had to was just lean in a bit… but no. He has a girlfriend, and while my entire body is preparing for what could happen, I need to keep a grip.

I blushed as NC-17 images came into my head. “It was nothing. I’m glad I could help you figure out the rest of the song. I really have to leave though. I’ll see you around, Joe,” I gave him a soft smile and almost ran out of the apartment to get away from the gravitational pull that was Joe Jonas.

I followed my gps to find out where Kevin’s house was, and then I called Jack. “I’m almost outside, asshole. You better be ready and waiting in ten minutes.”

“Whatever, bitch. You better be here in ten minutes,” I could hear Jack laughing on the other end.

Fifteen minutes later, I pulled up outside of a huge, gorgeous house. Ok, let’s be real. It was a fucking mansion, not a house. It was absolutely beautiful though. I used to want a house like that, but they are so empty and sad unless you always have people over.

Jack ran outside and climbed into my jeep. “You’re late,” he glared at me. I just rolled my eyes and headed down the road. “How was your night, eh?” He winked at me.

I laughed. “It was fun! We went to Siesta, and as it turns out superstar is a better dancer than you,” I raised my eyebrows pointedly. “Then we went on a midnight hike, and finally went back to his place and fell asleep.”

“You just fell asleep. Sure…,” Jack smirked at me.

“We did! I’m not going to be the other woman again. This time I know better,” I sighed. “Besides they have been together for a while. I don’t want to be the one to break them up.”

“Good,” he nodded with satisfaction. “When did you decide to grow up?” He joked.

“When I decided to be happy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The song is called "No Good in Goodbye" by Jason Michael Carrol and Jewel. It's really good if you have never heard of it... Comment or subscribe please? To the two people who have subscribed...THANK YOU! You have no idea how excited I am when I saw that you subscribed :D