Status: Active as long as I'll have my imaginative mind

Beneath You're Beautiful

Something has changed

***SID***

“$100 on the third question.”

I heard somebody said behind me. When I turn around I see Geno standing there with Iľja and determinate looking Nadia. She looked like she’s thinking hard about something. Her eyes gaze directly at Iľja trying to figure out something. How easy is she to read!

She looks so sexy in that white mini dress but her eyes are saying innocent. Searching her body for my eyes wander to her long so soft, smooth looking legs I feel my brain stop and my crotch twist and throat goes dry. At this position I stay a little longer until Nadia’s voice comes to my ears and wake me up from my trance.
“Including questions like how you enjoy your time in Pittsburgh, etc.?” Nadia asked her brother, what I know right now and I’m damn happy about it. I smiled at imagine I had just an hour ago. How dumb am I? My heart swelled with joy when I think back about it.

My eyes met Geno’s who quickly glance at me and then back at the siblings beside him. Curiosity digs in me and did the best of me so I decided to join them in that strange conversation and find out what it is about.

“Of course without those questions. So? Take it?” Iľja notice my presence behind his sister and smiled at me pleasantly. He nods at my arrival. That starts fine. Her brother likes me so it may be a good sign.

“OK, $100 but the second question.” Nadia smirks and giggles when she finds me behind her. They shake their hands and then put money on the table which was right next to them.

Geno looks at me with you-know-what’s-going-on look, but actually I don’t understand a word. I mean, of course I understand but don’t know what it is about. Iľja looks at me and starts laughing. First Nadia don’t understand why is Iľja laughing but then she looks at me then at Geno and starts laughing too.

After a while they both stopped and now are looking at each other looking like they have some kind of telepathic conversation but suddenly Nadia lost contact with Iľja and turn her gaze to us with smirk stuck on her face.

“It’s a little bit complicated to explain. I have to start from the beginning but I don’t think you’ll enjoy this part of story.” She said her smirk change to sad smile but before I had a chance to take her in my arms and tell her that she didn’t have to continue if she didn’t want to, she starts speaking again.

“So, when I was fifteen I had my first interview alone, without my mom or Iľja beside me. I’m not even sure now for what magazine it was but that doesn’t matter anymore.”

She sighed and continued “some interviewer asked me what I thought about some criticism that said that I was fat. Since then every reporter asked the same question.”

She finished and I notice that Iľja takes her hand and squeezed it lightly. I look at her disbelieve. She is beautiful and thin. Not skinny like other models but still thin. I couldn’t imagine how I would react if I were in her place or in the place of her family. What kind of person asks that question a young girl? But what Iľja said next took my breath away and didn’t know what to think anymore.

“So we’ve started to make fun of it and make a bet.”

Nadia has to notice my puzzled look so she comes closer and looks directly in my eyes with comfort. I felt so stupid. Here I’m, feeling sorry for a person who is sorry that I feel sorry. How she managed to be so strong person?

“It’s OK. I’m a little bit bigger and smaller than other models are. I’m not exactly a perfect example of model because of my curves and height but most people don’t mind. Mostly anorexics say that I’m fat but I don’t give a shit what they think.” She shows me that perfect smile of hers.

I want to tell her how beautiful and amazing she is, but it would be weird, right? Nevertheless I already have a notion that she knows how truly beautiful she is. Nobody has to confirm it to her.

“Moye serdtse, you should go. They are waiting for you.” Iľja kissed her forehead and tells her something but I don’t hear and also I don’t think I’d understand it even if I hear it. I see her smile gets wider and after that she disappears.

“We were so scared when they asked her that question the very first time.” I see Iľja as he is still looking at place where his sister disappeared just a second before.

“In the age of fifteen are girls so vulnerable. We were scared that it’d changed her in so many ways. Our mother taught her to be proud of her, of her body. Back then she was so confident at her age. Maybe a little too much but we loved that on her. Everybody does.

“She loved how she looked and was proud of it how every girl might be. She was slim but still curvy and healthy and we wanted her to be that way. We didn’t want her to starve herself like others girls did because of some dumb girls who were jealous of her.” Iľja was speaking with so much love and caring in his voice.

He loves his sister so much you can see that in his eyes. Now when I know their relation I can see those feeling in his eyes so clearly that I wonder how I couldn’t see it before. Iľja brought us closer to the place where was held the interview. We were so close that we could hear her laughing with reporter about something and then Nadia starts speaking about her photo-shoot and some guy named Phillip.

“That was the first question.” Iľja says leaning on the wall. Nadia answered reporter’s question with an ease and smile on her face. As I watched her I realize how much she likes her job. She wasn’t pretending or trying to smile. It is her. She isn’t trying because she feels like smiling.

I continue watching her closely when Geno elbows me in the ribs and when I turn to look at him he has a cheeky grin pasted on his face. I raised my eyebrow but his grin become wider. I rolled my eyes and look back at Nadia and on this action I hear Geno chuckles.

“If I can ask what you think about rumors that some brands don’t allow you to wear a bikini because you aren’t in regulated size and because of your weight?” reporter doesn’t even finish her question, Iľja starts laughing. He is looking at her like you-know-that-don’t-you? When she heard her brother laughs she looks upon reporter’s shoulder and smiled sweetly at him.

Right now Nadia wins their bet.

She returned her gaze back at reporter and answer calmly. Only then I got it. “You’re making that bet so she’d have a fun of that question, eh?” Iľja slowly nodded but still laughing. But he shut up as soon as Nadia starts speaking again.

“It’s a gossip, nothing else. I am allowed to wear bikini and I don’t have any problems with any brand. And I don’t think that I have an overweight. It’s complicated and so many people don’t understand why. I have 50 kilogram. Right now I really don’t know how many pounds it is. Even with this weight somebody can say that I’m too slim or something because of my height.” She sighed loudly and quickly glanced at Iľja to only return her eyes back on the reporter.

“But the important thing is that I’m healthy and happy. I love my body the way it is and I take care of it like everybody else should do. I do a lot of exercise, mostly boxing and jogging.

“Also I eat healthy but that doesn’t mean I don’t eat at all. I’m curvier than majority models are and I’m proud of my curvy body. If somebody doesn’t like how I look, shut your eyes and don’t look at me!” at the last part she shrugged.

It’s amazing how she says her opinion aloud without any fear. More questions were asked and she answered all of them. When she finished her interview Nadia hugs the reporter and give her three kisses on both cheeks.

This made my mind twirled to understand that gesture. I looked at Geno but he just nods with his head. “Russian habit” was all he said. I stared at him confused but don’t have time to ask because Nadia comes towards us and stands next to Iľja.

“Where’s my money?” She giggles. Iľja grunted but gives her money and she smiled wider when she look at the money in her hand.

‘Alright Sidney, man up and do something. Anything!’ my subconscious told me in serious way. But what should I do? ‘Come on Sidney, think!’ While I was thinking about what to do Nadia was talking with Geno about our preseason game in Sweden.
That’s when I heard Max and Marc talking about how they would meet at Diesel, I knew what I would do.

“What are you doing tonight, Nadia? Some guys want to go to Diesel. Want to come?” I ask her hoping she would say yes. I don’t usually go with my teammates because I don’t like the atmosphere there so that was the reason for Geno’s amusing look on his face.

“You come?” Geno asked still surprised with my new intention to come with them. I send him a death glare and he immediately shut up looking sorry but his grin shows me how ‘truly’ sorry he is.

“I will be there.” She said while I was still glaring at Geno but I glance slowly back at Nadia and smiled when her words sink to my mind. After a few more minutes she has to leave.

‘She’ll come.’ I repeat it in my head like a song you can’t get off. After Nadia left training finished and we went to locker room. And there’s where we are right now. “What are you smiling at?” Jordan appears next to me out of nowhere with smirk on his face. Yeah make fun of your captain guys. We will see who’ll laugh at the end.

We say our goodbyes and I headed towards my SUV when shouts from behind stops me on my way. “You are coming with us to Diesel, cappi?” I turn around to see Kris and Max heading towards me, both of them smirking. What is this? A smirking day? Oh the news spread really fast. Screw you Geno! Only good is that Evgeni didn’t tell them till I was in the locker room. This is only good for you Malkin, only good.

Max and Kris look amused, which I believed has something to do with me coming with them. If I’m right this might be my third time at all and I call Nadia. They would never forget this to me. What I get myself into? I rolled my eyes as I unlock my car.

“Young Russian managed to change our cappi’s mind so quickly. We couldn’t do for the time he’s here.” They laughed but I sit in my car and closed door behind me deciding to ignore them. I let them laugh at me and leave them alone. I stop for some fans to sign them whatever they want to and get finally at home.

***Nadia***

Back in a hotel, Iľja and I are preparing to have lunch together. I change my dress to my comfortable skinny beige jeans and tight black top together with beige leather jacket.

Iľja wears his typical blue jeans and black T-shirt not caring about anything expect his teasing that this is the third time I changed today. What can I say? I’m girl and I love clothes.

He chose a restaurant near the hotel so we have time and don’t have to move over the whole city. I think he did it so he wouldn’t have to listen to my grumpy comments. The restaurant is quite busy at this time of day but my mood was too good to be interrupted by men who stared or commented.

As we found our seats in the restaurant and after Iľja ordered steak with potatoes and I chicken salad we fell in comfortable silence, both of us in they own thoughts.

All I could think of was Sidney. He was different today and I like it much more than yesterday. He was kind and nice. He was smiling with that beautiful smile and mainly he spoke with me. When he came to me before my interview I didn’t know and didn’t even think what he want and to be honest I was even scared but then he apologized and it was like stone dropped from my heart. He spoke with me! Told me some jokes and I didn’t have to pretend laugh because it was actually funny. After my interview he asked me to go out with them and I couldn’t be happier.

Iľja was the first to interrupt our silence. “When you want to go ňthere, baby girl?” I smiled knowing that he wants to go but without those players or even better without me. Keeping me save.
“I don’t know. Am I even allowed to go to club here in U.S? Back in Russia I am, but here?”

It’s true. In Russia age level is 18 but here are 21 and I’m only 20. OK I know that I can go to the club at the age 18 but you know little drink would be fine as well. In Europe it’s easier. Much easier! Well if I don’t count UK. Mostly in all countries I’m allowed to drink and go to the club. But by Iľja’s reaction I know he didn’t understand why I asked him that. He threw his head back and laughed. Yeah, he didn’t know what I mean. Because, if he did he would start yelling by now.

“Don’t worry! I don’t think it’ll be a problem. And you can go to the club even if you’re 20. You are 21 in few months and nobody will ask if you already are but that doesn’t mean that you will drink anyway.”

I split my drink at him. I will not drink? Ok, I’m not an alcoholic but I’m Russian. “Why?”

‘Stupid question, Nadia! Stupid question!’ I’ve already knew the answer.

“Because you won’t! That’s it!”

I didn’t dare to argue nor tell him something else. I lived with that all my life so I knew when fight and when be rather quiet. When my brothers tell something in the authoritative tone, do NOT even think about to do something else as you are told! So I let it go and continue eating.

This was how we finish our lunch, in silence. The relief filled my body when Iľja paid for our meal and lead me back to a hotel. I was free from all duties, so I lie on the couch and watch TV. I watched some talk-show but didn’t pay attention to it.

I was thinking why Iľja responded so harsh to drinking question. There never was a problem before. Last month, in France I could drink. Not much but still can. But here? I know that I’m not in legal age but as Iľja said in a few months I would be. I don’t know how long I’ve been there thinking when Iľja sat beside me. We don’t say a word, just watch TV.

“Be happy that you can go. If there were Piotr or Dmitry they would say no the second Sidney had invited you.”

He is right and I hate to admit it, but he was right. All my brothers are too overprotective of me, but I know they are just scared that somebody might hurt me so I let them be like that. Sometimes I hate it but they know what they do and sometimes I’m glad they are like that. Some times like they are right and know what are doing. But it’s not so often anymore. When I was younger I used to think that they were always right but as I grew up I learnt that they aren’t so right.

“I know Iľja, I know but sometimes I want to make my own decision and mistakes that’s all.” He doesn’t say anything instead he kissed my head and hugged me. That was how we stayed. I stick in his arms in silence. Then the idea came to my mind. Why I don’t think about it sooner? Maybe I did but I wouldn’t believe it.

“Iľja?”

“Hmm?”

“What did you say to Sidney?” I sit next to him so I could look into his eyes. He rolled his eyes but he won’t fool me this time. I continue staring at him till he sighs and tell me.

“I said nothing to him. Why are you asking?” he tried so hard to look innocent but I see right through him. One mistake he did. And that was that he didn’t look in my eyes. Iľja isn’t the right one to lie because he can’t look in eyes but my eldest brother is best liar I’ve ever met. And it’s not a compliment.

I couldn’t stop smirk which appears on my face when he tried to defend himself. “He was different. I like it how he changed but why? So I ask you again, what did you say?” He laughs and looks at me with wide eyes full of fun when he said. “What I said was only that he was an asshole and should apologize nothing else. I promise.”

He raised two fingers and attached them to the heart as a symbol of promise. He looked behind me and got up. Before I had a chance to ask what he was doing he explained.

“Get up. Get ready so we could go, baby girl.” I looked at the time on my phone and realized that it was time to get ready. Of course it is time from me not for my brother. As he claims he doesn’t need time to look handsome because he is handsome.

“OK!”

I stand up and go to my room. I have a quick shower and apply some make-up. Go back to the room and dress myself in a tight short black dress and make messy bun and of course black high heels. They can’t miss.

“Are you ready?” Iľja yells from the other room. I rolled my eyes at him. Little impatient aren’t you, Iľja? Last look in the mirror and I headed to Iľja so he wouldn’t explode from waiting for me. A poor guy.

“You’re ready to kill yourself, I see.” Iľja laughs while he is pointing at my high heels. Yeah, I could expect that to come. “Ha-ha, aren’t you funny today?” I faked my laughing so he knows how much irritated I am but that makes Iľja laugh even harder. How can he be so malevolent to his own sister? I get it that I’m not the nicest person to him too but he doesn’t have to so harsh on me.
When we got inside the club Iľja leads me towards the V.I.P. where everyone already is. I scan the room for some familiar faces and find Evgeni sitting on the couch with Sidney, Max, Kris and Colby, others are already dancing or go to the bars to get their drinks. So I go straight to the group which is seated in the VIP.

When Evgeni sees me heading to them he stands up and waits for me to come to him. Everyone looks at him with narrowed eyes not understanding what he’s doing but then they glance where he is looking and nodding in agreement. How weird can these guys be?

“Zdravstvuy!” (Hi!)

Everyone shakes their head in disbelieved. They’ve already told us so many times to speak English and we are still speaking Russian. But they can’t forbid it to us. Russian is comfortable for me though it’s my mother tongue and I think that Evgeni enjoys speaking Russian with somebody in this city. How would they feel if I tell them not to speak English? Maybe few of them can speak French but I don’t think there are more than four.
“Hi!”
I salute back in English so guys’ couldn’t be mad this time. Geno smirked at my English. He took my hand and led me to my place next to him. Of course! I look around to see other guys as they are smiling from ear to ear at me. Can this get any more embarrassing? Why are they smiling at me?

Sidney sits opposite of me when my eyes find his. He, as everybody here, smiles widely at me and I feel my own smile grew bigger the second I see him. All the time while we are sitting there, he is looking at me and I’m looking back. We earn some smiles from each other and he winked at me. Thanks God its dark so he can’t see me blushing.

After a while what may be an hour or so I was talking with Max about, and now listen carefully, about girls who are sitting at the bar at the other side of room right opposite of us. I heard Max when he asked Colby which one of those girls is good enough. I nearly choked my coke when I heard them.

So now I’m giving Max some advices how they should talk with them to be the nice guy but also the one the woman wants to spend a night. And then, when a girl is too blind by a man’s charm and maybe a little drunk, take them in the restroom. But then Iľja appeared from nowhere, with panic in his eyes all sweaty which scares me. It isn’t a sight I am used to. He is the most composed person I know.

“Baby girl, I have to leave. Mom called. Alena is in the hospital so I take the first flight back home. Is it alright with you?” He might ask but didn’t wait for an answer. Before I have a chance to take in what he said and say that he can go without thinking Iľja is already on a way out of the club and I’m not really surprise about it. After all, I would do the same if my fiancé would be in the hospital.

Alena is lately constantly ill. It starts to be hard for Iľja to come with me for my photo-shoot over the world. When my dad agreed to Iľja being my manager he had only one request. That Iľja would look after me. Firstly Alena was alright but for a year it’s really bad. This is the fifth time he must return back to Russia to her and let’s just say that dad doesn’t like that although he understands him. I have to talk to dad about that. Ask him how I should solve this, this time.

After some talking with Kris and laughing at Max when how he tried to persuade girl to go with him even after I told him that that chick wouldn’t go with him even if he paid her all money of the world he tried anyway and now he has a big problem. I thought that these guys would know how to seduce a lady. Apparently, I was wrong.

After Iľja left, Geno takes an advantage of it and orders vodka for two of us. In no time I start to smile wider and even a dancing mood comes and Geno was first who asked. So I decided to go dance with him, with my sweet Russian hockey player.

When I thought about it a little more I learn that he is a little similar to my brothers. Maybe that’s a reason why I like him so much. He is tall, no that’s not the right word. He is giant and large, completely like my brothers.

We dance along on some song I don’t recognize but don’t care and Marc, Kris, TK join us after a while. I don’t know why but I have some suspicion that Iľja had a word with them. They are guarding me from any other man in the room if other men have a chance to see me alone. I really feel like I am with my brothers - never alone in a place full of people.

When we returned back to our table, some girls who are barely dress try to flirt with Sidney and Chris Kunitz who are staying at the table, but those girls fail miserably. When Sidney sees me he comes to my side and leads me to my seat which like from miracle is now next to his even if it was opposite just an hour or so ago.

We are talking and they are convincing me that they aren’t so desperate to have a thing with every girl they met. It’s just fine thing to do. Time flies by and guys get bored so they go dance again but with girls who were sitting there before. Geno goes also and invites me too but I decline and rather stay there alone for a more time to breather. Well I’m not alone. I’m here with Sidney.

“Where’s Iľja?” Sidney asked a little confused. Actually he was first who noticed that Iľja was missing beside Iľja. Maybe other thought that Iľja just went to enjoy an event with some woman.

“He has to return to Russia.”

Sidney just nodded, respecting that I didn’t want to say more. Oh my boy, I hope his fiancée will be alright. I pray for Iľja that he won’t have any trouble because he left me here all alone. I have a feeling that dad won’t be happy about it. Of course he would understand why Iľja did what he did but for dad its unforgivable mistake and I’m not too sure how he would react when he finds him in Russia while I’m still here.

“So you are alone? That’s dangerous for young lady as beautiful as you are.”

Alright! Is he flirting right now? Or is it only my mind? I don’t know. I have no flirting man for such a long time. It’s like two years till last one and it was in high school and only because my youngest brother and cousin were out of school and nobody can scare boys away.

“I’m a big girl Sidney. Trust me.” and I wink at him before I know what I do. OK, am I flirting back? What’s wrong with me? I should stop. Or not?

“Do you want to go back to the hotel?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Lunch outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/lunch/set?id=89350455
Club outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/party/set?id=89350801
Hope you enjoy it :D
Nad :*