Status: Slowly but surely. :)

Crazy Beautiful

Chapter One

“Did your plane just land?” I heard my older brother’s voice as I picked up my phone.

“Yes Jon,” I said as I walked off the plane, “I literally just walked off the plane. Why are you here to pick me up?”

“I might be,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“Of course you are,” I said, “Because heaven forbid I do anything alone in this city. You’re not even letting me get my own apartment.”

“Will you just calm down Emma,” Jon said laughing, “You make me sound like an overprotective brother.”

“That’s because you are Jon,” I said laughing as I walked up the escalator, “Where are you so I can find you and whoever you decided to bring.”

“It’s just Sharpie and Kaner,” Jon said and I spotted him and his teammates surrounded by a group of girls.

“No need to tell me found you,” I said and hung up my phone.

I made my way over to the small group and smiled when Jon found me.

“There you are Em,” he said and wrapped me in a hug.

“Hey Capt’n Serious,” I teased as he hugged me.

“Thanks,” he said sarcastically, “Missed you too.”

That caused Sharpie and Pat to laugh along with the girls who looked to be about sophomores in high school.

“You two are definitely related,” one of them said, “You remind me of me and my older brother.”

“Trust me I bet my brother’s worse than yours,” I teased and ducked as Jon tried to hit me upside my head.

The girls just laughed and thanked the boys and left. I was then passed around for hugs. Sharpie was more than excited that I was the new athletic trainer for the Blackhawks and of course Pat was his normal flirtatious self.

“So since it’s off season,” he said throwing an arm around my shoulder, “How about I take you out for dinner?”

“Or you could bring me lunch on Monday,” I said, “I like lunch dates better.”

Pat then blushed hardcore which made Jon and Sharpie laugh hard.

“Go get my bags you idiots,” I said shaking my head.

They laughed walking away and Pat smiled at me lightly.

“I think we can do a lunch date beautiful,” he grinned pulling me into his side, “We can party up in your new office then.”

Pat and I always had a thing for each other ever since we met when him and Jonathan started playing together but we always found a way to not date. Jonathan forbade it for a while and then he was dating someone and then I was dating someone and then there was the whole we lived in two different states at the time. Now, I’m just too scarred from the last boyfriend to have anyone date me at the moment. Pat deserved someone not broken at the moment and I was so screwed up from the last breakup that I didn’t Pat to worry about that.

“So when’s your official first day of being an athletic trainer?” he asked me as we waited for Jon and Sharpie.

“Monday,” I said, “I get to go learn about all your past injuries and try to memorize them all.”

“Sounds like so much fun,” he said sarcasm dripping from his words.

“Way easier than taking anatomy and physiology that’s for sure,” I laughed and Pat rolled his eyes.

“I don’t find that funny at all,” Pat said which made me laugh and lean my head on his shoulder.

“You find it a tad bit funny,” I said, “Just a tad.”

“Nope,” he said trying not to smile, “Not even a tad.”

“Liar,” I teased and he just rolled his eyes at me.

“Jesus Christ Em!” Jon exclaimed coming back with two bags while Sharpie was dragging one behind me, “Did you pack your entire dorm room in this thing?”

“Actually half of it,” I said, “The other half is on its way here.”

“I think you have fifty pounds in each of these things,” Jon groaned as we headed out of the airport.

“I do,” I grinned and Sharpie and Pat laughed as I took one from Jon but Pat pulled it out of my hand.

“You really are a girl,” Pat said as we walked towards Jon’s SUV.

“I would hope so Kaner,” I said grinning, “If I was a guy I think I’d freak out about having boobs.”

This put Sharpie and Pat in a fit of laughter while my brother just shook his head.

“You definitely fit in with the team,” he said shaking his head and I grinned at him.

“That’s why they hired me Jonny boy,” I grinned, “That and I’m a kick ass trainer.”

“I’m sure you are,” Jonathan said and I rolled my eyes.

“Hey I had an offer from the Islanders,” I said, “And both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia wanted me as a trainer.”

“You never told me that,” Jon said as we loaded up the car.

“I didn’t tell you because you would’ve told me to fuck them all,” I said and Jonathan laughed, “So I interviewed for each one and Chicago offered me the best deal.”

“Well glad to know you were shopping around and not thinking about being close to me,” Jon said sarcastically and I just laughed.

“I actually took this job for Kaner,” I said, “Sorry Jon you’re just not my number one man anymore.”

Again Sharpie and Pat were laughing and Jon was just shaking his head yet again.

“Your neck is going to hurt a lot more if you continue that,” I grinned at him, “You’ll be doing it a lot.”

Jonathan rolled his eyes at me and I heard Sharpie and Pat snickering behind us since they let me sit in the front next to Jon. On the ride back to Sharpie’s house so we could drop him off, we all caught up with each other. I had just graduated from the University of North Dakota while the boys had just won the Stanley Cup and we passing it around. When Jon got the cup, he said we were going back home and throwing a giant party with our family and friends. He said he wanted it last because everyone worked equally as hard to win it and he thought everyone else should get to have it before himself.

“Hey Sharpie when do I get to see that pretty little girl of yours that you and Abby made?” I asked grinning, “She looks adorable on Facebook.”

“If you want you can come in when we get to my house,” Sharpie said, “Abby and Madelyn should be home.”

“Yay,” I grinned, “I haven’t seen Abby since the last game and you guys dropped her off and her parents’ house.”

“She’s a cutie,” Pat said smiling at me, “You’re going to love her.”

I grinned and I saw out of the corner of my eye Jonathan looking between me and Pat. He knew that I liked Pat and Pat liked me but he was still overprotective and didn’t want me to get hurt. He wanted to punch my most recent boyfriend after what happened but I told him he would get what was coming to him.

“So when’s your first day at the United Center Em?” Sharpie asked changing the subject.

“Monday,” I said, “I have to read all of your guys’ health reports from the last couple of seasons. So in all reality its really only the new guys.”

“Well you’re lucky you know all about our injuries,” Sharpie said and I laughed.

“I had to hear them all from Jon,” I said, “So trust me if I had my choice I would’ve liked to read them instead of listen to Captain Serious over here complain on thinking of a new strategy plan.”

“Yet you still helped me,” Jon said.

“Because you wouldn’t let me leave if I did,” I said, “You would’ve kept calling me.”

“That’s true,” Jon said and Pat shook his head.

“You two really are alike it’s almost scary,” Pat said and we both rolled our eyes.

I was about to add something but we pulled up to Sharpie’s house and I squealed with excitement. I quickly got out of the car and followed Sharpie up the driveway and in through the front door.

“Babe I’m home!” Sharpie yelled, “And I brought friends!”

“Living room,” Abby yelled back and I quickly made my way to the living room.

“Abby!” I exclaimed and Abby grinned.

“Oh my god you got here in one piece!” Abby exclaimed hugging me, “I totally thought Jon would’ve killed you and your sarcasm by now.”

I that made me laugh and I just shook my head. Abby and I were super close. She was one of the few wives I got along with and she was literally my best friend even though we were four years apart.

“Very funny Ab,” Jon said and then I looked over and saw Madelyn standing in her play pen and I grinned.

“Oh my god she’s beautiful Abby,” I said, “You and Sharpie did a good job.”

“Thanks,” Abby beamed, “Would you like to hold her?”

“Of course I would be honored,” I said as Abby went to go get her and I moved to the couch.

She placed Madelyn in my arms and I smiled at her like she smiled at me.

“Hi Madelyn,” I cooed, “I’m your mommy’s best friend and I’m going to spoil you rotten. Yes I am and your mommy won’t be able to stop me.”

After my baby cooing moment, Abby and I talked a little bit while Jon, Sharpie, and Pat all went into Sharpie’s man cave and watched the NHL channel.

“So are you and Kaner?” Abby asked me and I shook my head no.

“Brad really screwed me up Abby,” I sighed, “Pat doesn’t need me to screw him up with my baggage either. I want to. I really want to but not with how screwed up I am. He needs someone who can love him properly.”

“And you can’t?” Abby asked me, “Em you know that boy better than any other girl will ever know him. You’ve actually taken the time to get to know him no girl has ever done that. He’s knows you better than anyone does. I think you’ve opened up to him more than your own brother Emma. And after all of that he’s still interested in you I think it’s a sign to just give it a chance.”

“I don’t know Abby,” I sighed, “I just don’t want to ruin anything between us because I don’t think I could handle losing him you know.”

“Well you never know unless you try right?” she asked and I sighed.

“You always have to be right don’t you?” I asked laughing and she grinned.

“Always girlie,” she grinned, “but now I think Jon wants to get home and get you unpacked. He’s been a nervous wreck since you’ve taken the job as the new athletic trainer.”

“Call me and we can go get lunch or something Abby,” I grinned, “I’m in the neighborhood now.”

“This is true,” Abby laughed as we stood up and we hugged.

“Bye girlie,” I said and then walked over to Madelyn who grinned and squealed when I picked her up, “Bye my favorite little girl in the whole world. I’ll see you soon.”

“Bring a baby into the room and the woman with a college degree dumbs down a million IQ points,” Pat teased.

“Thanks Kaner,” I replied, “Feel the love.”

“No problem beautiful,” Pat winked and I rolled my eyes and said goodbye to Sharpie and we headed back to now mine and Jon’s apartment.

The ride to the apartment was comfortably quiet and the only sound was coming from the radio. I was staring out the window lost in thought when I noticed Jon’s hand in front of my face.

“Earth to Emma,” he teased, “Anyone home?”

“Shut it,” I said sticking my tongue out and we got out of my car and each of us grabbed a bag.

“She’s tired,” Jon and Pat said at the same time.

“Yeah I kind of am when someone kept me up until one and I had to wake up four so I could get to the airport on time,” I said looking at my brother and he shrugged my shoulders.

“Not my fault that you didn’t tell me you had to be up early this morning,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll remember that a night before a game,” I replied and Jon gave me his famous ‘do it and I’ll kill you’ look.

We took the elevator up to the apartment and soon we were dragging my bags into the room that was deemed mine when I came to visit Jon. Once all the bags were there, Jon and Pat walked into the kitchen. I followed suit and Jon looked over at me.

“Coach is having a welcoming party for you tonight,” Jon said, “So if you’re going to nap I’ll wake you up about two hours before we have to go.”

“Deal,” I said, “Thanks for coming to get me Jon, you too Kaner. You guys really didn’t need to.”

“We wanted to Em,” Jon said, “So it wasn’t a big deal.”

“Well I appreciate it,” I said and kissed Jon’s cheek and Pat’s.

I watched Pat blush a tad bit and he smiled at me. I smiled back and Jon cleared his throat which caused me to roll my eyes.

“I’m going to go nap,” I said, “Wake me up in like an hour Jon or you know I won’t sleep and neither will you.”

“Good idea,” Jon said and I walked into my room and closed the door.

Kane’s POV
The minute the door closed to Emma’s room, Jon looked at me and took a deep breath.

“I’m going to tell you this because one you’re like my brother and two I trust you,” Jon said, “Please ask my sister out. Everyone knows you two like each other and now’s your chance to win her over even more Kaner. The last guy she was with was a real prick and she’s got a real low opinion on herself now and you’re the only one who can make her realize how beautiful she is.”

I then sat there shocked. Jon always told us that Emma was off limits and we weren’t allowed to date her. So Jon telling me to ask Emma out was a total shocker to me.

“You’re okay with us dating?” I asked shocked as he handed me a beer.

“I’d be more okay with you two dating then any of the younger guys,” he said, “You know Shaw’s going to try hardcore to get with her and we all know how he’s like.”

“Trust me I don’t think you have to worry about Shaw Jon,” I laughed, “I think she can embarrass the kid herself without help.”

“That I believe,” Jon laughed as his cell phone rang.

I saw him smile and I figured it was Lindsey.

“Go take the call man,” I said, “I have to go anyway. I’ll see you at Coach’s house.”

“Alright man,” Jon said, “And serious think about it alright. Emma really does like you Kaner.”

“I will Captain,” I said and saluted him which caused him to flip me off as he answered his phone.

I let myself out of his apartment and smiled to myself. If I had Jon’s blessing maybe things could finally work out between me and Emma.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So this is my first Blackhawks fan-fic so let me know what you think so far! Keep or dump?