Status: Slowly but surely. :)

Crazy Beautiful

Chapter Three

Emma’s POV
We had been at Coach Joel’s house for about two hours now and Pat and I haven’t left each other’s sides and we had basically talked to everyone that was here. Everyone was inside watching old films in the theater room that Joel had which left Pat and I basically alone in the backyard. I was I currently sitting on the back porch swing when Pat sat down next to me.

“So are you ready to deal with us twenty-four seven during season?” Pat asked.

“I honestly don’t know,” I said laughing lightly, “I think I actually might kill Shaw way before practice for pre-season actually begins.”

Pat joined in on my laughter but soon he stopped and I looked over at him.

“What?” I asked looking at him, “Do I have something on my face?”

“No,” Pat said smiling giving me my favorite smile on him, a genuine Patrick Kane smile, “It’s just I haven’t seen you smile and laugh like this for a long time.”

I smiled lightly and looked down at the ground.

“Can I ask a question and you not get mad about it?” Pat asked quietly.

“I think I owe you that,” I said looking up at him already know what his question was going to be.

“What did Brad do to you that’s changed you?” he asked and I think what threw me off guard that he picked up that I was acting different.

“What makes you think I’ve changed?” I asked cautiously seeing if Jon had told him anything.

“You’re more reserved and you’re carefree attitude seems more forced,” he said, “You haven’t had a genuine smile for over a year.”

I just smiled and shook my head. I should’ve known that Pat would pick up on something like that. I should’ve known that Pat would pick up that I was acting and that something was actually bothering me. I took a deep breath and looked up at Pat to find his blue eyes full of concern and worry.

“Brad. . .” I started and then tried to piece what I wanted to say in my head before I spoke them out loud, “He. . .”

“Did he hurt you?” Pat asked and I looked up from the ground to see a bit of anger and worriedness in his eyes.

“Emotionally yes,” I said, “but not physically. Brad just used to tell me that I was worthless, ugly, stupid, a horrible forward for the hockey team, and every other name under the sun. He always used to tell me that he never understood why I was given a full ride to UND for girls’ hockey when I always played like shit. He just literally crushed me.”

I took a shaky breath to look up at Pat and saw anger and sadness in his eyes and I smiled sadly at him.

“He told me no one would want to date me because I was so boring,” I continued, “so I tried to be carefree and fun. He told me that I was ugly as a blonde so I died my hair brown. I changed my eating habits, I lifted more, I toned as much as possible but it wasn’t enough for Brad. I tried being what he wanted me to be but it just wasn’t enough. He also hated that I hadn’t slept with him after we had been together for eight months. He just cut down my confidence Pat. I’m not the same person I was two years ago.”

Pat didn’t say anything for a long time and the silence was killing me.

“I understand if you don’t want to wait anymore,” I said, “I’m pretty screwed up now so I understand if you don’t want to deal with me and the baggage that I have.”

Pat then scoffed and put his finger under my chin and made me look at him.

“If you think that I’m going to run away after all those years of getting to know you and going on dates that weren’t considered dates then you are absolutely crazy,” he said.

The next events that happened caused me to be absolutely confused but happy all at the same time. I had no clue how close we were sitting on the swing until Pat crashed his lips onto mine. He had his hand cupped on my cheek and all I could feel the pressure of his lips on mine. I was taken aback at first but I quickly responded and Pat moved his hand from my cheek and pulled me even closer to him. I melted into him and when we pulled apart, we could hear cheering and whooping sounds and we turned to see the entire team standing in the doorway of the backyard grinning at us. I felt my face flush ten shades of red and I hid my face in Pat’s neck. I felt Pat laughing through his body shaking and I groaned loud enough for Pat to hear.

“Want to get out of here?” Pat asked and I shook my head yes.

“I forgot I have no secrets anymore,” I groaned, “The team knows everything and anything about me.”

“Oh yeah,” Pat chuckled standing and offering me his hand, “Come on, let’s go get some ice cream. We can go to the ice cream parlor close to my apartment building.”

“Okay,” I said standing up and we looked over to see the team watching us.

“Mind if we leave guys?” Pat asked.

“No funny business!” Jon yelled and I could tell he was in the back, “I find out you sleep with my baby sister Kaner and I’ll kill you!”

“Got it Tazer,” Pat grinned and winked at me, “I’ll knock up your baby sister.”

We then took off and I could hear Jon trying to get through everyone to kill Pat.

“You’re such an asshole sometimes,” I laughed as we rushed through the front door and into Pat’s car.

“It keeps things interesting my dear Emma,” Pat said and I just laughed rolling my eyes.

“Keeps thing interesting my ass,” I laughed, “You just love bugging Jon as much as I do.”

“That too,” Pat looked over at me and grinned.

This time as we were driving through the great city of Chicago, Pat’s free hand loosely held my hand in his. I was smiling looking out the window when I noticed we weren’t really going to get ice cream but to my absolute favorite place in Chicago, Michigan Lake. I was about to say something but Pat already beat me to it.

“I figured you’d like to visit this place before Monday,” Pat said as he parked the car.

“You would be correct Mr. Kane,” I replied and he just laughed as he helped me out of the car.

“Then let’s get walking shall we?” Pat asked grinning and winking at me making my heart flutter extremely fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken so long to update everyone. Yesterday was my birthday and today I've had to work all day! Hope you all like the update!

Thank you for the comments and subscriptions so far! Please tell me what you all think of the update!