Status: Slowly but surely. :)

Crazy Beautiful

Chapter Five

The minute I walked into the apartment, I went straight into my room to find Lindsey and Abby already waiting for me.

“So Jon called you?” I asked.

“Actually Kaner did,” Lindsey grinned, “and told us to make sure you’re dressed properly.”

“He said casual but warm,” I said, “Any hint as to where he’s taking me?”

“We can’t tell you Em,” Abby said, “We promised him we’d keep it a secret.”

“Ugh,” I said, “Well since everyone’s going to be lame I guess I’ll shower and see what you all have picked out for me.”

“Perfect,” Lindsey and Abby grinned as I headed into the bathroom and got the shower ready.

I was waiting for the water to heat up and I looked at myself in the mirror. I had this grin that I hadn’t seen in the last year since I started dating Brad. It was a smile that showed me that maybe I was starting to get back to normal. My eyes seemed to be a bit brighter than normal and I just felt good about myself and I hadn’t felt that in a long time. I hopped in the shower thinking about where Pat could take me and I notice I was getting more excited and anxious with each thought about tonight. When I got out of the shower, I noticed my bathroom door was open and Abby and Lindsey were waiting for me to come out. When I came out in my towel Lindsey was holding up an old hoddie that I still had from when Pat and I shared his hotel room.

“Care to explain?” she asked and I blushed.

“I was wore it to bed when they were in Minnesota last season,” I said, “I didn’t have warm enough PJs and I borrowed it and never gave it back.”

“Well then,” Lindsey grinned and I just laughed.

“So I took his hoodie,” I said grabbing it out of her hands, “You look at me like I’m marrying the boy.”

“Because you will,” Abby said and I just rolled my eyes as got dressed in the jeans, t-shirt, and then grabbed a hoodie out of my closet, “Emma you’re the one girl who can make or break Kaner’s day. If he doesn’t talk to you at least once throughout the day he’s miserable. Trust me on that one. Remember when you guys fought about you dating that Oliver kid?”

“Yeah,” I sighed frowning and sitting on the bed, “We didn’t talk for two months. I was miserable.”

“Yeah well so was Kaner,” Abby said.

“I feel like I’ve missed a lot of history between you two,” Lindsey said and both Abby and I smiled laughed lightly.

“You have no idea,” Abby said, “These two should’ve been married by now but they’re too chicken to do anything about it.”

“Until now,” I said and Abby rolled her eyes.

“Took you long enough,” she said and I shook my head.

“So what are you doing for hair and makeup?” Lindsey asked.

“Straight and minimal,” I said and both girls laughed.

“Typical Emma,” they both said and I just laughed.

“Well I’m going to eat a snack since I have like two hours until my date,” I said standing up, “You want to come into the kitchen?”

“Why not,” they said.

We walked out of my room and I saw Jon, Sharpy, and Pat all lounging around in the living room.

“Hey Pat, Jon, Sharpy,” I said not really paying attention as I strolled into the kitchen.

“Emma,” they all replied and I saw they were playing some video game.

“You know if you walked around naked in Pat’s apartment and he was playing his Xbox he wouldn’t even care,” I said shaking my head as I grabbed apples and a jar of peanut butter.

“I believe you,” Abby said as we heard a faint fuck you Emma.

That caused us to laugh as I cut apples into slices and threw them in a bowl.

“Well at least you’re not going to be in the honeymoon phase,” Abby said, “So I don’t have to hear how cute Kaner is.”

“I take offense to that Abby,” I heard Pat’s voice from the doorway behind me and I just shook my head.

I held an apple slice up in my free hand and I felt someone grab it and Lindsey and Abby were just laughing.

“I swear you two act like you’ve been dating for years,” Abby said as Pat wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

“I feel like I have sometimes,” I laughed as Pat tried to eat another apple slice.

The girls laughed and we heard Jon and Sharpy enter the kitchen too.

“Tell me you’re cutting a bunch for us,” Jon said and I just rolled my eyes.

“Already like ten steps ahead of you Jonny,” I replied putting the bowl of apples on the counter where Abby and Lindsey were sitting, “Let me get the peanut butter.”

“Already got it,” Pat said putting it next to the bowl.

“Yeah you two really just need to become official or whatever,” Abby said, “You two know each other’s quirks it’s amazing that you two know each other so well.”

“And that’s my cue to go get ready,” I said grabbing apples.

“Hurry up,” Pat yelled, “I want to take you on this date thing!”

“What do I wear!?” I exclaimed.

“Comfortable clothes,” Pat yelled.

“Jeans and hoodie?” I asked.

“Perfect,” he replied and I just laughed quickly getting ready.

Once I threw on the clothes I was ready for this mysterious date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in forever! School is literally taking over my life!

Please comment and let me know what you think!

Thank you for all the comments, recommendations, and subscriptions!