Status: Slowly but surely. :)

Crazy Beautiful

Chapter Eight

I had walked out into the living room to find Pat just sprawled out on the couch. I sat down next to him and he immediately pulled me closer to him like always.

“You always did look good in my clothes,” Pat said and I could picture the smirk on his face.

“I bet I do,” I said, “so what are we watching?”

“Whatever you want to watch beautiful,” he said, “I really don’t care.”

“How about a comedy then,” I said.

“Before we do that,” Pat said grabbing his phone and we took a picture making weird faces at the camera.

He then typed some things on his phone and I felt mine vibrate. I pulled it out and found Pat had posted something on Instagram.

@88p_kane: My girlfriend always looks better in my clothes than hers. #shesbeautiful #imofficiallyoffthemarket #taken #wearemadeforeachother #iamsupercheesyrightnow

I then looked up at Pat who was just grinning holding a necklace with a small heart on it.

“Be my girlfriend officially?” he asked I just laughed.

“Of course Patty Cake,” I teased as he put the necklace on and I turned to face him and kissed him.

Our kiss was innocent at first but it was slowly heating up and Pat had pushed me down on the couch and was on top. My hands were starting to creep up his shirt when there was a knock on the door and Pat groaned.

“It’s the food,” I giggled and he sighed and got off of me and headed towards the door.

I was throwing my hair up into a messy bun when I heard Brent’s voice along with my brother’s and I groaned.

“Can’t you just leave us be!?” I exclaimed as they walked in and Pat was giving me an apologetic look, “I’m behaving and so is Kaner. Go away.”

“Well someone is being a drama queen,” Jon smirked sitting next to me and I sighed, “I just wanted to come congratulate the happy couple.”

“More like cock block Kaner,” I huffed and Pat smirked at my grumpiness.

“So what does it feel like to be tied down Kaner?” Brent asked trying to change the subject and I just walked into the kitchen to find something to eat since our Chinese food hadn’t come yet.

I was looking for something in the fridge when I heard footsteps in the kitchen and I turned slightly to see Jon standing there.

“You know I’m happy for you two right?” Jon asked and I nodded my head.

“I know Jon,” I said, “I’m just being a girl I guess.”

“So how did he ask you?” Jon asked.

“In Patrick Kane style,” I said, “We took a picture and. . .you saw the post. I then looked up to see him holding a necklace and asked me to be his official girlfriend.”

“Well it is your style for sure,” Jon chuckled, “I just want you to know if he does anything stupid you can come to me okay.”

“Thanks Jon,” I said and hugged my brother.

“No problem with you I always say fuck bros before hoes,” he said, “Blood is way thicker than water.”

“Mom taught you so well,” I said fake crying and Jon just rolled his eyes.

“You’re such a smart ass,” Jon said and I just laughed.

“Come on,” I said as I heard the call bell buzz, “Our Chinese is here.”

Jon and Brent stayed for about ten minutes after mine and Pat’s Chinese food got here and now it was just Pat and I again.

“So when do you think our parents are going to call?” I asked as we were flipping through the TV stations.

“Either tonight or tomorrow,” Pat said, “My phone’s been blowing up with congrats.”

“Mine too,” I said, “Sharpy and Abby want to double date. Along with Chaunette and Andrew.”

“Well then we’re going to be going on a ton of dates now aren’t we?” Pat asked and I gave him and sad smile.

“As much as we’re both homebodies when were together we’re definitely going out more now,” I said, “First with Jon and then Sharpy, and the Andrew and then anyone else who asks us.”

“Great,” he groaned and threw his head in my lap.

“It can’t be that bad right,” I said, “We can take. . .”

“Don’t finish that sentence Emma,” Pat replied, “When have I ever let you pay for anything?”

“That one time the food cart only took cash,” I said and Pat rolled his eyes.

“Exactly,” he said, “Now you’re not going to be paying for anything. Besides our first official outing as couple will be the company party to start off the season Saturday.”

“That means I have to go shopping,” I sighed, “I have no nice appropriate dresses.”

“Well then you’ll take my credit card and buy whatever you need,” Pat said and I just sighed shaking my head as I played with his hair.

“Fine,” I said knowing I was going to be calling Abby, Lindsey, and Chaunette for sure.

***********


Today was the day of the party for all Chicago Blackhawk staff and I was sleeping soundly in my bed when someone jumped on me.

“Wake up sleeping beauty!” Pat exclaimed and I groaned pulling the covers over my head.

“Go away Pat I’m sleeping,” I said, “Leave me alone.”

“Not a chance babe,” Pat said crawling into bed with me, “We have to get ready for the party tonight.”

“Five more minutes,” I whispered looking at him.

“I’m sorry babe but I gave you an extra hour,” Pat said and I sighed dramatically.

“Fine,” I said and kissed his cheek.

I rolled out of bed and I blushed when I heard Pat wolf whistle. I forgot I was only wearing Pat’s hoodie and no bottoms.

“Babe,” I said and Pat chuckled.

“You look good in your underwear and my clothing,” Pat teased and I quickly pulled on a pair of sweats.

“Out!” I exclaimed and Pat just laughed walking out of my room as I changed.

I quickly got out of the room and found Pat out in the living room with Jon, Sharpy, and Andrew.

“Where are the girls?” I asked.

“Right here!” Abby exclaimed, “Let’s go get ready!”

I was then dragged out of the apartment by Abby and down the elevator.

“I can walk,” I said, “I already know we’re going to get our nails and hair done. Breathe.”

Abby just laughed as we got into her car and met Chaunette and Lindsey. It took us hours and after being drilled about my relationship with Pat and every detail how he asked me to be his girlfriend, I was dropped off at Pat’s apartment because that’s where Jon dropped off my clothes and overnight bag since I was spending the night. I took the elevator to Pat’s apartment and let myself in and found Pat laying on the couch watching old film.

“Bored yet?” I asked.

“Finally,” he said, “Took you girls long enough to go get your hair curled.”

“Hey,” I said, “I got my hair put in a bun thank you very much.”

Pat just rolled his eyes as he stood up and smiled lightly at me.

“And you look beautiful no matter how much I sounded like an asshole ten minutes ago,” he said kissing me.

“And someone wants to get lucky tonight,” I giggled and Pat just rolled his eyes again.

“Come on let’s get ready,” he said as we started getting ready.

I was slipping on my heels when Pat yelled down the hall.

“Hurry up Emma,” Pat said, “You’re brother is already calling me.”

“Let’s go then,” I said walking down the hallway.

I was grabbing my clutch from the coffee table when I noticed Pat was quiet so I turned around and saw Pat just staring at me with an open mouth.

“What?” I asked self-conscious, “Is it too much? I know I should’ve gotten that black dress.”

“No, no, no,” Pat said walked up to me and cupping my cheek in his hand, “You look absolutely beautiful. Every man is going to be jealous.”

“You think so?” I asked blushing and Pat just smiled at me and pecked my lips.

“I know so,” he said, “Now let’s get out of here so I can show off my hot and loveable girlfriend.”

I just laughed lightly and let Pat lead the way to his car. The drive to the party was one full of me and Pat goofing off to the songs on the radio. We were singing Drunk in Love at the top of our lungs and I was laughing at Pat.

“If the guys find out I was singing this song flawlessly I’d never hear the end of it,” Pat said and I giggled.

“Your secret is safe with me babe,” I said leaning over and kissed his cheek.

We pulled up to the valet at the hotel the company was having the party at and we got out. Pat and I walked in hand in hand and I had to laugh when I saw Jon, Sharpy, and Andrew all waiting at the bar while I found Abby, Lindsey, and Chauntte all standing at a table talking and laughing.

“I’m going to go talk to the girls babe,” I said and kissed his cheek.

“I’ll bring something over yeah?” he asked.

“Please and thank you,” I said and then rushed over to the girls.

“Oh my god you look hot girlfriend!” Abby squealed as we hugged each other.

“You do too!” I exclaimed hugging everyone, “You all do.”

We were all talking and laughing about the upcoming season and who was going to get hurt when a man I thought I broke up with a long time ago walked up to our table.

“Emma is that you?” I heard Brad’s voice and I spun around.

“Brad,” I said shocked and a bit frozen to the spot.

“You look. . .You look. . .” he said, “Wow.”

I was about to respond when I felt someone wrap their arms around me and kiss my cheek and I looked up and smiled widely when I saw Pat standing there with my beer in his hand.

“Here’s your beer babe,” Pat said and I smiled.

“Thanks babe,” I said and Pat just smiled at me.

“You must be the infamous Brad that Emma dated,” Pat said, “Patrick Kane.”

“Nice to meet you,” Brad said but I could tell he was doing his professional attitude, “I didn’t know you two were together.”

“We’ve known each other for years,” Pat said, “And now we were both single and we thought why not try it out. Right babe?”

“Sure,” I said feeling uncomfortable, “but sorry to cut this short but Jon’s calling us over. See you around Brad.”

I then grabbed Pat’s hand and we walked over to Jon.

“Did I do something wrong?” Pat asked and I shook my head no, “You just pissed him off more than anything and he’s going to try everything in his power to break us up.”

“Well I wish him luck then,” Pat said, “Because no one can break us up.”

“I sure hope so love,” I said kissing his cheek and joining in on the conversation that Jon was having with Brent and Sharpy.
♠ ♠ ♠
A second update! Hope you all like it. Let me know what you think!

Thanks for all the comments, subscriptions, and recommendations!