Status: Slowly but surely. :)

Crazy Beautiful

Chapter Seven

Today was the first day of preseason practice and my first official day of being on standby in case anyone got hurt. With this group of boys it could happen. I was watching the boys practice when someone came up next to me.

“Enjoying practice?” the voice said and I looked next to me to see James smiling at me.

“Yeah,” I said, “For being the first day on the ice the boys look pretty good. Maybe they’ll win another cup this year.”

“You think so?” James asked.

“I know so,” I replied grinning.

“You seem confident,” James said and I just smiled and shook my head.

“You don’t know these boys very well then,” I laughed and James looked at me confused.

“Hey Em!” I heard Jon and Pat yell.

“Excuse me,” I said as I got on the ice with the skates I had on.

I got closer to them and looked at them confused.

“What?” I asked.

“Want to play a pickup game with us?” Pat asked a sparkle in his eyes, “Your brother said you were fun to play a pickup game with.”

“Sure,” I said, “I just don’t have a stick.”

“You can borrow one of mine,” Jon said, “We have a ton of extras. Hey James go get Emma a stick!”

James looked confused and nodded his head and I pulled my hair that was down up into a ponytail and smirked at Jon.

“We are not playing on the same team,” I said looking at Jon.

“Fine,” Jon said, “I’d rather not yell at you for sucking.”

“Oh you’re so full of shit Jonathan,” I said, “He can’t stand that I’m a better strategic planner than he is.”

“I do not,” Jon scoffed.

“Emma!” James exclaimed and I skated over to him.

“Thanks James,” I replied and smiled lightly.

“How come you’re playing with them?” James asked confused.

“Jon and I are siblings and I’ve known most of the team for years,” I replied smiling lightly and then headed back to the boys, “I call Kaner and Sharpy!”

“No fair!” Jon exclaimed, “You always pick them.”

“Duh,” I said I smirked, “and I want Corey for my goalie too.”

“Fine but I get Keith and Seabs,” Jon smirked and I glared.

“Deal,” I said and shook hands with him while everyone around us were laughing, “Oduya and Leddy are mine.”

“Well don’t you have your team stacked,” Jon mocked and I just rolled my eyes.

“Jealous Capt’n Serious?” I smirked and skated away before Jon could get me.

“Well you boys better win or I’ll never hear the end of it from Jon,” I said as we huddled up, “I usually always kick his ass when we play a pickup game.”

“We can do that,” Pat grinned.

“Good,” I smiled, “And I’m all for a little bit of roughness.”

“Are you girls ready?” Brent asked, “I have a lunch date at two I need to get ready for.”

I just rolled my eyes as I put on the helmet that was brought out for me and we started the game.

“First to three wins,” Jon said.

“Deal,” I said and Coach dropped the puck.

I quickly grabbed the puck and skated swiftly around my brother and passed it to Pat. Sharpy and I were both up by the goalie and Pat passed it to Sharpy who turned around and scored.

“Two more,” I smirked as I skate over and hugged and Sharpy and Pat.

“This will be cake,” Sharpy chuckled and Pat shook his head.

“Nope,” he said, “It won’t be Jon will not let anything pass now.”

“We’ll see about that,” I winked and Pat laughed as we started again.

After about an hour of playing and lots of profanities and fights between me and Jon, I won 3-2. Jon was completely pissed like he normally was but it was fun. Jon and I hadn’t played a pickup game like that in years. I was cleaning up my office when there was knock at the door. I looked up to find James leaning against the frame.

“Oh hey James,” I said, “What can I help you with?”

“Nice game,” he said, “How’d you learn to play like that?”

“I played in college,” I smiled, “I was a center.”

“Oh nice,” James said, “What are you doing for lunch?”

“I’m going. . .” I started.

“To lunch with me,” Pat finished my sentence for me glaring at James.

“Oh,” James said, “Never mind then. See you tomorrow Emma.”

“See you tomorrow James,” I said.

He then walked off and Pat came into the office with his bag.

“What was that about?” he asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“You’ve got me lover boy,” I said grabbing my purse, “Let’s go celebrate our victory over food and beers!”

“I knew there was a reason why I liked you,” Pat said slipping his arm around my waist.

“It’s because I’m awesome duh,” I said and he just laughed.

“It is,” he laughed as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

“So where are we going?” I asked as we walked towards Pat’s car.

“My place,” he grinned, “We’re having a movie day and I am ordering Chinese food.”

“Sounds amazing,” I grinned and Pat just chuckled.

We walked towards his car since Jon and I drove together. Pat and I were walking hand in hand when I saw a paparazzi standing out in the distance.

“So what do you think the new rumor is?” I asked as we put our bags in the trunk.

“That we’re getting married,” Pat said and I just laughed.

“I was thinking the pregnant rumors were going to start,” I said and pat just laughed.

“I wouldn’t mind that,” Pat smirked at me and I just rolled my eyes.

“Pat we’re not even together officially yet,” I said, “Besides the world does not need more Patrick Kanes.”

“I take offense to that Towes,” Pat said with fake offense and I just laughed.

“Good,” I teased, “It was meant to me offensive.”

“I am disappointed in you Towes,” he said as we pulled out of the parking lot and headed to his apartment.

“I’m sure you are,” I laughed.

When we got to Pat’s apartment, I was excited to just relax with the boy who had stolen my heart years ago. I went straight to Pat’s room and pulled out a pair of my sweats I had left here a long time ago and walked into the bathroom.

“You walk in like you own the place,” Pat said walking into his room and I just laughed.

“I kind of do Kaner,” I said, “Mind handing me a sweatshirt or something of yours?”

“Here’s a t-shirt,” Pat said throwing it into the bathroom and I grabbed it.

“Thanks,” I said.

“Hurry up and meet me in the living room,” he said, “I’m ordering your favorite.”

He then left the room and I just smiled lightly at myself in the mirror. I knew that right now life couldn’t get much better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for not updating in like forever. Life is just hectic at the moment. Let me know what you think! Hopefully I can get another update up tonight!