Status: Updated once or twice a week!

Hearts in the Air

Twelve

Brittany’s P.O.V.

June 15th, 2013. It was finally summer, and summer meant the Vans Warped Tour. Connor and I are still together and I agreed to help out while on tour this time. I would be doing promotions and advertising for The Summer Set while Connor continued doing both merch and drum tech. All 7 of us were sitting on a picnic table while we waited for Kosub to finish talking to Kevin Lyman. Suddenly I felt John elbow at my side and motioned for me to look up, I did as he said and that's when I saw her. Alie. She was looking down at her phone and not paying attention to anything going on around her. Still looking at her phone, she walked into Kosub who was making his way back to us at the table before he stopped to talk. "Alie!" He gave her a hug which she returned. ”How have you been?" We overheard him asking. "What are you doing here? I didn't think I'd see you for a long ass time!"

"Awe thanks Kosub, it's good to know I'm missed by some people." She looked over at us, she could tell we were eves dropping. "And I've been good, I'm actually here with Go Radio. The guys asked me to help them out this summer."

Kosub seemed really interested, "oh doing what?" He asked.

"Promotions and advertising."

"Wow, well I hope you and Britt have settled your problems then cause you'll be seeing her a lot." He just had to tell her, didn't he?

I got up from my spot on the picnic table, "Actually Kosub, we haven't but it's okay we'll figure shit out, always have..." I finished and wrapped my arm around his shoulder before pulling him away from Alie and back to the table the rest of the Summer Set band and crew were at.

Alie’s P.O.V.

After the strange encounter with Brittany I made my way back over to the Go Radio bus where Steven was waiting for me with open arms. He could tell something was up, “What’s wrong?” He asked.

“I just ran into Brittany and the rest of The Summer Set…” I paused. “I mean, I knew they would be here on this tour but I didn’t think it would feel so weird running into them.” I finished.

He looked at me apologetically, “I’m sorry Al, but honestly, did you expect it to be all rainbows and butterflies?”

“No, of course not. But I didn't think it would be this hard to see them either.” I guess I just missed them more than I would've thought when I left. But I would never admit that to Steven. “I think I’m just going to take a nap, wake me when you guys have to go play? Zack said he’ll watch the tent until after you guys play, he knows I’ve had a rough few days.” If it weren’t for Zack, one of the guys on their crew, I wouldn’t make it through this summer.

- - -

Eventually I was awaken by my alarm that Steven must have set for me, I looked at my phone which read 6:00pm. I didn’t realize they played so late the first night of tour. Grabbing my phone and changing into something I little bit warmer, I stepped off the bus and started looking for the Kia Soul stage. After searching for 10 minutes I finally found the stage. The band just stepped out onto the stage and grabbed their instruments. I made it in between the stage and baracade before they started playing the first song. Looking towards the back I saw Steven spin his drum sticks with a smile, followed by a wave. I smiled and returned the wave. About half way through the set I felt someone nudge my side, I was so busy watching the set I didn't notice they were standing next to me.

"You know we all miss you, you probably think we're all some heartless people but we all care. And some more than others." He smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

I embraced his hug remembering how much I used to love his reassuring talks and witty remarks. "Thanks Jobe. I'm trying, I really am."

"You really don't look like you're happy. I'm worried about you. I saw how happy you were when you ran into Kosub. Just happy for a minute like you were comfortable and belonged." We stood silently as the band finished playing the end of Goodnight Moon. "Well I have to go, pre-show work out with the band." He paused for a minute waiting for a response before turning around and walking in the direction he came in. "And Alie," He looked back for a second while he continued, "you DO belong, remember that. And remember there's always a spot for you on the bus if you chose to come home."

I nodded and watched as he walked away. Clapping along with the rest of the crowd, Go Radio began playing their final song Go To Hell. Once they finished I met the band at the back of the stage as they headed down the steps and Steven greeted me with a hug. "How was the set babe?!" He asked.

It was hard to stay focused when Josh stole all of my attention with everything he just told me. "It was fine." He must have noticed I wasn't there 100 percent.

"Everything okay Al?" Steven asked.

I turned my head to face him, "Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind is all."

He kept asking me questions. "What did Josh want? I saw him standing with you."

"Um nothing. We were just catching up since it's been a while." It wasn't the whole truth but it wasn't a lie either. I was started to get really annoyed with his questions so I told the band I would see them and went to go help Zack out at merch.

--

Brittany’s P.O.V.

Jess, Josh, and I went to go for a walk while we waited until they had to play. So far the first day of Warped Tour has been amazing. Everyone is so energetic and excited for this summer to begin. It's great being around others who are able to help out the newbies like myself and still work on what they need to get done. As we walked by the Go Radio tent Josh pointed out that according to their white board display, their set started about 25 minutes ago which meant there was about another 10 to go. He told us he would see us later as he disappeared into a crowd of anxious fans, all in a frenzy of emotions as they went looking for their favorite bands.
"Spill," I heard Jess say while I was looking in the direction of our tent, it was starting to look pretty packed so I started heading that way. "What's going through your mind?" she asked.

I pretended like I didn't know what she was talking about, "I'm so greatful to be here doing this, being on tour with not only one of my favorite bands and good friends but just getting my foot in the music industry, it was always a dream of mine." I finished.

"With Alie." She stated.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Dream of yours you had with Alie."

I thought, "yeah I guess, but even without her now, I've been loving every second. It might have been something I imagined myself doing with her but people change."

"So it's not killing you that she's here? She asked.

"It is, I miss her and I'm kinda upset that she didn't tell me about it. Not that I expected her to, we haven't talked since the day she left." I paused as we approached the tent, I started to walk behind the table but the crowd died down and Connor waved me off so I can continue walking with Jess. "A four year friendship, and it's like we're strangers. Even when we first met on Tumblr, we clicked instantly. I just want my best friend back, ya know?"

"Well now you have me!" Jess said excitedly and gave me hug.
"We should get going for pre-set work out!" I said and lead us in the direction of the stage we were playing today.

- - -

Alie's P.O.V.

I was able to sneak away from the Go Radio tent while someone in the tent next to ours watched it. I began heading up the stairs to watch The Summer Set's set from the back of the stage. Thankfuly no one from the band saw me before walking onto the stage. They began playing Fuck U Over, I danced along like I always did. Although I wasn't on tour with them anymore or no longer talked to any of them, I continued to listen to them like we had no history. It was in the past. They continued on with their set. In the beginning of Boomerang John turned around to play in front off Jess, he looked up in the middle of his solo and messed it up when he caught me watching him. Jess must have noticed, she then turned around and saw me. I ran off the stage and out of sight after mouthing an 'I'm sorry.' I listened to the rest of the set from the side of the stage, out of sight. After they finished playing Chelsea I guess I zoned out because I meant to leave but I was taken out of my trance to someone waving in front of my face. I stood up to meet them at eye-level. "J-J-J-John" was all I could say.
"Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. I was just thinking." I said.

"Would you like to talk about it?" He asked, tucking a piece of hair behind my left ear.

"I-I-I shouldn't be here. This was a mistake. I'm sorry for messing up your solo John." I turned as I heard the rest of the band walking up to him. 'What was that about?' I heard Jess ask just before I was out of earshot. Roounding the cornner, I ran into Steven.

"THERE YOU ARE!" He shouted. "We've been looking for you for like 30 minutes, why is your phone off?" He asked.

I pulled out my phone to show him, "it was dead and I got a little lost. Sorry babe." I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He laced his fingers with mine as we made our way to back to the bus. I couldn't help but feel guilty. I had no reason to lie to him but yet I did. Maybe I'm not over John as much as I thought I was. And it's even worst when you don't have your best friend to talk about all of this with. Can I even call her my best friend anymore? We haven't even talked to each other in like 5 months.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took forever to update this but I finally am out of school and have a better job that isn't so time consuming. (:
Please comment and let me know what you think!!

- Alie <3