‹ Prequel: Try to Live
Status: Go read Try to Live first!

Fallen into Place

I Needed Something More

"Are you bringing this?" Alice pointed to the old, torn couch that sat lamely in Bella's living room. Alice was helping her pack up her things and move it out to the moving truck. Half the time the girls cried over leaving each other, but they were getting work done.

Bella shook her head. "No, but I'm going to donate it or something."

Alice sighed, turned to Bella and walked closer. "Tell Viktor I say hi." She wrapped her arms around Bella's small torso as they hugged. She never wanted her best friend to leave, but she knew Bella and Viktor had something that could last a long time, and she didn't want to be a selfish friend and make her stay. That'd be just downright mean. "And that if he ever hurts you I'll fly out to Nashville and kick his ass."

Bella giggled and pulled apart, wiping some stray tears. "I'll make sure to tell him." She smiled before hugging Alice again. It was going to be a change for her; living in a whole new city with a man. The only other male she lived with before was her father, and Viktor was her first serious boyfriend. She was just hoping it would last and moving wouldn't be a big flop.

Alice sighed as she entered her home. Andrew was sitting at the couch, looking through a book filled with plays. He smiled sympathetically and patted next to him. She sighed again and rested her head on his shoulder.

"It'll get better. You're best friends, you'll talk to each other constantly."

"I guess I know how my friends in Pittsburgh felt when I left," she grumbled, her voice cracking. She couldn't keep in any longer and she buried her face into his white shirt as she sobbed. After ten minutes she took another shaky breath and sat back up. She saw his shirt was now ruined with her black makeup smeared all over. "Sorry." She pointed to the mess.

He smiled and pulled her back into him. "It's okay, you can ruin everything I have and I won't care because I love you."

She chuckled and pecked him on the lips. "I love you too." Alice stood up, tugging him up as well. "Can we do something?"

"Like?" He drawled out and pushed her towards the stairs and to their room.

"I think you know exactly what I mean."

--


Alice slipped on the red jersey as Lindsey pounded on the door. She yelled for her to hurry up and Alice ran down the stairs, almost tripping and falling. The brunette slipped on her black converse shoes and swung open the door. Lindsey stood there with her arms crossed, looking annoyed. Alice knew her annoyed look wasn't just because she was taking forever to get ready, but because her and Jon had been having problems. Lindsey wanted to take a step further, but Jon was more tentative. It wasn't that he didn't love her, but he was scared of marriage.

"Lets go." Lindsey grabbed Alice's wrist tightly, making her wince. She was sick of Lindsey taking all her anger out on her.

Alice followed her to the car. "You know he will ask soon. You don't need to get worked up about it."

She glared at Alice as they drove down the road. "I'm just scared he's having second thoughts."

"Second thoughts? About what? You two've been together for two years," Alice stated with a shake of her head. They pulled up to the Untied Center and walked into the building. They decided not to visit their boyfriends; instead they just went up to the box. Alice felt like sitting up there instead of her spot down by the glass. "Linds, trust me, everything will be okay."

Lindsey ignored her and everyone else the entire game. Even when Jon scored the first goal of the preseason, she stayed emotionless. Alice understood her though, but she didn't want to let her feelings show. Alice wanted Andrew to propose to her soon, but she let him decide on his own time. In the locker room, she watched intently as Lindsey smiled slightly at Jon and give him all her attention. Alice knew a ring was going to be on her finger soon.

Andrew went to their room to change into more comfortable clothes, while Alice went to the kitchen to cook something up for a late dinner. Being to lazy, she just threw in a pizza and waited at the table for Andrew. He walked in and gave her a kiss before grabbing a Gatorade. He sat across from her and cleared his throat.

"So what's up with Lindsey? Jon says that she's been acting all snobby and shit."

Alice hesitated. If she told Andrew she knew he was going to tell Jon. He just wasn't good at keeping secrets and especially to his teammates; he kind of had a big mouth.

"Come on. You can tell me." Andrew leaned forward on the table so his face was almost touching hers.

She shrugged and leaned back. "I don't know. I've noticed that she's been acting weird lately, but I'm not sure why."

"Can you at least ask? Jon's worried about her."

Alice smiled and nodded her head, leaning back in and giving him a kiss. "Of course. Now why don't we go for a late night swim after we eat?"

When the pizza was done they basically inhaled it and quickly got in their suits. Andrew threw Alice over his shoulder when they stepped outside and walked over to the diving board. Andrew bounced on it and laughed as Alice pleaded for him not to jump. He ignored her and sprang off. The water hit Alice right on her face, which stung it. She grumbled and rubbed it, her eyes narrowing at Andrew. He laughed at her now bright red face.

"Oh baby," he cooed, rubbing her cheek.

Alice punched him on the shoulder. "Thanks you jackass."

He chuckled and pressed her up against his chest, combing his fingers through her wet hair. He kissed her neck and she resisted the urge to moan. Andrew wrapped her legs around his waist and pinned her up against the side of the pool. He untied her top and tossed it on the ground beside them before moving to her bottoms.

--


Alice sipped her coffee as she snuggled up in Andrew's sweatpants and t-shirt. He set a plate of eggs and bacon in front of her and smiled at her. She bit her lip and looked up at him.

"You really need to start wearing protection when we have sex."

He laughed, acting like this was a joke. "I don't carry condoms in my swim trunks. Plus, aren't you on birth control?"

Alice swallowed down a gulp of coffee and bit into a juicy piece of bacon. "Yeah. But birth control isn't a 100% thing."

Andrew shrugged and scrapped up eggs on his fork and piled them into his mouth. "Why are you so worried." Food fell out of his mouth as he talked.

"I'm just being cautious." She made a face and flicked egg that sat on the table that flew from his mouth. Alice was starting to get worried he didn't take it more seriously. She didn't want to have kids until she was married. "I don't think you want any kids."

He nodded, making Alice look down at the table and take a deep breath. Andrew not wanting kids ever killed her. Kids were everything to her and someday she wanted to be that mother that her children looked up to. "You're right, I don't."

She coughed as tears welled up in her eyes. "Excuse me," she croaked out and bolted out of the room. Alice sprinted up the stairs, making sure to lock the door behind her. She sniffed and cried as quiet as she could, but she knew Andrew was suspicious. She stroked Stitch -who was getting bigger everyday- and looked down at him. At least he was like a kid to her.

"Alice?" He knocked on the door, jiggling the door handle. "What's wrong, baby?"

"Nothing," she called out and quickly wiped her wet cheeks.

He sighed, looking up on the door frame and reaching up to grab the key. A second later he was sitting by Alice, except she turned her back to him. "What's wrong? Was the food that bad?" She shook her head. "That I don't use protection?" She shook her head again, and that only left one thing. "Is it that I don't want kids?"

She didn't respond which made him reach out and pull her to his body. "Alice, I just don't want kids right now. Trust me, in a couple years I'll be dying for you to pop out little mini me's." He was hoping to lighten the situation.

She sat up. "I know," her voice was cracking with every syllable. "But it's just. I think I'm going through a faze where all I want is a hundred kids."

"Hopefully that'll be over soon," Andrew mumbled jokingly.

"Shut up."

"Someday, I swear we will have a bunch of kids and you will be over this faze because you'll be sick of the little buggers. They'll be just like me, running their mouth and hitting everything-"

"Stop." She put her hand up to cut him off. "I think you just cured me."

Andrew threw his head back in laughter and fell back on the bed. Stitch hopped right on his stomach and began rolling around. "We don't even need a kid, he's enough trouble."