‹ Prequel: Try to Live
Status: Go read Try to Live first!

Fallen into Place

Reach The Truth

Alice clutched the side of the toilet, emptying the contents in her stomach. This is what she had been doing for the past four days. And it wasn't very fun for either Alice or Andrew. He was worried about her, very worried. All the years he had known her, she had only been sick once with the flu and that had only been the twelve hour flu bug. Andrew held her hair back as she continued this action. After she was done, she sighed and leaned back, wiping the sweat from her head. Andrew sighed as well and stood up.

"I've got practice, but I called Lindsey over to make sure you'll be okay."

Alice smiled as best she could at him. "Thank you."

He left shortly after, and Lindsey entered to take his place. Alice knew she looked like death. Her hair pinned to her sweaty forehead, her bad breath, and thin face. Lindsey's slightly amused look in her eyes didn't really boost her self confidence either.

"You look like shit."

"Thanks," Alice said sarcastically. "Because that's what every sick woman loves to hear." She got to her feet, feeling fine for now. It seemed like that's what was happening with her lately; she'd puke her guts out and then she'd feel completely fine two seconds later. It confused the hell out of her, but continued to say it was just her body trying to help her out a little, and once it would finally start winning, the virus would take over again. She was sounding like a 7th grade science teacher. "I don't exactly know what's wrong with me." Alice flushed the toilet before walking to her bed.

Lindsey rose an eyebrow. "I thought you were sick. You seem perfectly fine, besides what you look like, of course." She flashed her a giant smile.

Alice glared at her not so nice friend. "Would you like to look in those plumbing pipes or whatever from that goddamn toilet?" She practically yelled before laying on her back, trying to control her breathing. It was not working.

Lindsey looked at her friend, really studying her. She looked healthy, kind of. Her hips were a little wider, and breast a little bigger. Lindsey made a mental note to herself to tell Alice to sign up for a gym membership because this wasn't a really great time. Lindsey tilted her head, squinting her eyes. She remembered last week at the game Alice had severe cramps, but just passed it off as her period. Then, when they went out she said she was craving chocolate and had a chocolate cake instead of an actual meal. But they passed it off again because what girl on the time of the month wasn't craving that delicious sweet. Then it all clicked. It seemed like it slapped Lindsey right in the face and she was lucky she was sitting down otherwise she would have fell.

"You're pregnant!"

"What? I am not!"

"Yes you are! My sister was just pregnant, and Abby is right now, and you're pregnant!"

Alice swallowed and shook her head. "No I'm not, stop saying that." But deep down inside, Alice had just the slightest feeling Lindsey was right.

--


"Are you sure you're okay? It's just a party at Brent's... you don't have to come," Andrew said cautiously, watching as Alice slipped on a pair of jeans and a long sleve. For late October, it was still fairly warm out so lucky for everyone, they didn't have to wear coats just yet. "If you're still sick, I mean, I don't want the entire team getting sick."

"Trust me, I'm fine. Just a little bug. It'll go away, and I don't even have a fever."

Andrew shrugged, knowing that it has been a week and if she doesn't have a fever anymore she's probably okay. Plus she says she's fine, so he'll take her word on that. Andrew didn't know why, but he felt like something was up with her. She kept talking to Lindsey, which wasn't unusual, but she was constantly texting or calling or going over to her house. Andrew was surprised Lindsey hadn't come down with something yet.

When they arrived at the fancy townhouse, they slipped off their shoes and went to the living room and kitchen where most of the people were. Alice joined in with the girls and Andrew stuck with the males. Everyone asked Alice how she was feeling, and of course she said she was fine. On the inside she has been a nervous wreck for the past week. Alice nor Lindsey took action on the whole pregnancy thing, though Lindsey definitely wanted to tell someone. Or everyone. She felt like screaming it at the top of her lungs so the whole world knew Alice -soon to be Shaw- could possibly be pregnant. There were countless times where she almost told Jon, but luckily she hadn't otherwise the whole world would know. Jon seemed like a quiet guy but he's horrible at keeping secrets.

"So is anyone doing anything special over the break for the Olympics?" Abby Sharp asked, meaning about the ones who weren't going to be on a team for their country.

Some girls nodded, saying simply they were going back home and whatnot. A couple others like Amanda Bickell said her and Bryan were probably going to go to Hawaii or something like that. Then the ones who's boyfriend's are going to Sochi are going with them.

"What about you, Alice?" Amanda asked. "You should come on vacation with us if you two have nothing else going on!"

She shrugged, thinking over if either of them really said anything about it. She figured they'd probably go back to where his family and friends live so he could see them again and play pond hockey with his friends and brothers again. That was one thing that he always said; how much he missed playing on a pond or out in the street. They had about a month so they could probably go on vacation with the Bickell's and come back home.

"I'll talk to Andrew about it, though I don't think it'll take much convincing."

When Alice stood up to use the bathroom, somebody grabbed her arm and yanked her into the hall closet. She was about to yelp but a delicate hand covered her mouth.

"It's me." It was Nia. Alice gave her a questioning look and even though she couldn't see it, she continued. "So, are you prego?"

"What? No!" Alice said in the same whispered voice as hers. "Why would you think that?"

"Well porkers," Nia started, pinching Alice's stomach, which Alice then swatted her hand away. "You obviously gained weight in both your stomach and breasts, and you turned down a beer!"

"I seriously need to get new friends who don't criticize me on my looks." Nia rolled her eyes. "And I haven't been to a gym in over a year."

"You have that crazy high metabolism. You could practically eat a freaking burger everyday and wouldn't get fat!" Now Alice rolled her eyes. "Like how I said 'freaking' instead of the other word? Don't want that baby of yours learning bad language," Nia laughed to herself and patted Alice's stomach.

"And to explain the beer, maybe I'm just not in the mood to drink?"

Nia rolled her eyes and scoffed, waving a hand. "Please."

"Whatever. I am not pregnant."

"Have you been to the doctor?"

"No."

"You're scared then!"

Alice shushed her and shook her head. "I'm not scared. Now let's get out before they suspect something." Alice opened the door, but apparently Nia wanted to get out first and fell over Alice, knocking both of them down. They stood up, seeing all eyes on them as they giggled and waved nervously.

--


"Baby Swede, now usually I don't go to you for advice, but since it was your girlfriend in a closet with my girlfriend, I was wondering if Nia said anything to you?"

Marcus shrugged and continued to tape his stick. Everyone else was in the lounge area eating breakfast, but Marcus left early to get things done and Andrew wanted to speak with him alone. "Not really, she's been quiet lately." Marcus' head shot up. "Too quiet."

That was over dramatized even for Andrew, but he continued on. "Yeah, I talked to Jon and he said Lindsey's the same way. Like she won't talk to him otherwise something will come out that's not suppose to."

Marcus shrugged again. He wasn't much help, but there was still a couple others he wanted to have a chat with, and even though Marcus didn't say much about the matter, he helped some. Andrew was startled when Nick Leddy walked up behind him, squeezing his neck tightly.

"Sounds like the girls are keeping something from all of you."

"No shit," Marcus said as he looked up and shook his head with an amused face.

"I'm sorry Leds, but the last time I took your advice it ended up in a fight with my girlfriend."

"Fine! You all suck!" He shouted and sulked to his stall. "I'm just kidding. Anyways, I think I know what's up." They looked at him with a questioning eyebrow. "Someone's pregnant."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love the Nia part, haha
Is she pregnant? What is Andrew, Marcus, and Nick going to do?? I'd love to hear your thoughts!