‹ Prequel: Try to Live
Status: Go read Try to Live first!

Fallen into Place

See The Future But Live For The Moment

"Yeah... Abby's pregnant," Marcus said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"No shit," Nick mocked with a wicked smile placed on his face before going serious. "Anyways, I think we need to ask every guy about how their girlfriend is acting. Then, we can maybe lower it due to the friend groups. If it's only Nia, Lindsey, and Alice acting weird, then it's obviously one of those three."

Andrew and Marcus were more taken back by all the thought Nick had put into what he said. It wasn't everyday Nick came up with a plan to actually help or that plan actually working. The three then tried to think about how to ask without it seeming creepy. Which that wasn't really possible but they were going to try. The rest of the team started coming in and they took action.

"Hey Shawzy, I brought you an apple since you left," Patrick Kane said as he tossed Andrew a red apple.

Andrew walked over to him after biting out of the fruit. "Hey, I want to talk to you."

By the end of practice the three guys had talked to everyone and got the information they needed. They went to Nick's apartment to discuss things over. Andrew told Alice that he was going out for lunch with the guys, making it seem less suspicious. Nick handed the two of them a beer and kept one for himself when they entered his apartment. Something felt weird though for Andrew as they guys began saying what they learned. When Marcus came to the conclusion that it was most likely between those three ladies, Andrew became very aware that it could easily involve Alice.

Marcus groaned at his phone as he stood up. "I have to leave, but let's all think about it and see if we come up with anything."

Andrew left for home later, but all his thoughts were consumed with Alice and what was happening with her. He thought she had been acting like her normal self this past month or so. The only thing really big was her getting sick, and he hadn't even known if that stopped. She wasn't throwing up anymore, or at least that's what he figured since she wasn't sitting by the toilet all day long. When Andrew pulled up in the driveway, he wasn't exactly ready to get out and face Alice. What if she was in fact hiding something that big from him? He knew he would be able to forgive her, of course he would, there was no second guessing that. But they were in a serious relationship, she should tell him everything with confidence.

Shaking his head, he cut the engine and jumped out of the car. He was lucky there had been no snow yet, otherwise he'd be slipping and sliding with how fast he was running to the door. The house was silent and he looked around to see where Alice was. She wasn't in the kitchen or living room, so he suspected her to be in the bedroom, hopefully. She was flipping through a magazine and quickly tucked it away, not giving Andrew a chance to see it.

"How was practice?" Alice asked as he pulled off his jeans to wear sweats instead.

"Good," he answered a little to fastly. He looked back and smiled at her. "It was good. We headed out to eat lunch." He tried to rack his brain for some way to bring up the whole investigation and questions, but he couldn't come up with anything. "Are you going to the game tonight?"

"Of course. You're playing the Caps and I hate them, so you better crush them." She winked at him. That was no lie, hating the Washington Capitals. She grew up in a town near Pittsburgh so before moving to Chicago, the Penguins were easily her favorite team and Sidney Crosby was easily her favorite player. So it really only made sense that she hated the red and blue. Not just because of the feud between Crosby and Ovechkin, or because Washington was close so that made rivals. She just thought they were arrogant and extremely annoying.

Andrew's smile got even wider. "That's the only thing on my mind." Now that was a huge lie.

--


The game ended in success for the Blackhawks. It was an exciting game with seconds into the game Brandon Bollig dropped gloves with Mike Green, since Green got a little rough with Kaner up against the boards. Right before the period ended Duncan Keith took an amazing slapper from the point, making the puck soar in the net. But, during the second the Caps came back with two goals, and the Hawks none. Everyone was pretty sure Coach Q yelled at the guys to get their heads back in the game and asses in check because it seemed like the Blackhawks were flying as they skated circles around the defense and forward. They ended up scoring three goals in the last and final period of the game. The score being 4-2 in the Hawks favor.

Lindsey sighed from beside Alice and smiled. "That was accelerating!"

"It was!" Nia agreed with wide eyes as she bounced up and down excitedly. "I want to party!"

They went down by the locker room, waiting for the players to exit. Most of the players agreed that they were going down to a little club they frequented often after wins and sometimes loses. Andrew strutted out of the doors, looking like a million bucks and he pulled Alice in for a hug. He kissed the top of her head, out of the corner of his eye he saw Nick watching them. Andrew turned his head mouthing 'what' to him but he just shrugged and walked away.

Nick pulled Andrew to the side almost immediately after he let go of his girlfriend. "Now we'll for sure know who is pregnant!"

"What, why?"

"Whatever one doesn't drink, that's the one."

Andrew shrugged and walked back to Alice and slung an arm over her shoulders. She smiled lightly up at him, her eyes shined brightly and he knew without her saying it that she was proud of him and the team too. "So are you up for going out?"

Alice fiddled with a lose string at the end of her red jersey. "I'd love too b-" Nia quickly yanked her arm and tugged her far enough away and where Lindsey was waiting, a confused look on her face too. "What the hell? What's going on?"

"Shh!" Nia whispered. "I overheard Nick. They suspect that somethings up with one of us. And by that, I mean they think someone's pregnant. Apparently they're going to watch to see what one of us doesn't drink," she explained looking at the two who held amused expressions. "And I assume you don't want to... scare Andrew, right?"

"Right."

"So that means we're not going to drink! None of us."

"What?" Lindsey whined and crossed her arms over her chest. "They're idiots anyways, they won't figure it out."

"They have," Nia said. "I don't know how but they did."

"Okay." Alice nodded, feeling slightly queasy that Andrew might have figured it out. But Alice still hadn't gone to the doctor, so it wasn't a forsure thing yet. If he found out she had been keeping something this big from him though, she was dead. "So, we have a plan. No drinking, I say that's pretty simple."

Nia put her hand in the middle of the small circle, giggling fiercely. This girl didn't even need alcohol to act hammered. "One, two, three, team fabulous!"

"Team fabulous?" Lindsey asked as they all made their way back to where everyone else was standing.

"Well duh, cause we're fabulous."

Alice and Lindsey looked at each other, rolling their eyes with a small smile. Nia was definitely something, and if she was your friend you are lucky to have her in your life. Alice felt so blessed to have amazing friends who would do anything and keep a giant secret to herself. They were practically her sisters and Alice loved it. Sometimes she wished they were friends or knew each other from a young age and be those friends who were besties since birth. But usually those actually don't work out unless it's in a story.

Most of the team arrived at the bar together around a half hour later. They all squished into a large booth in the corner, people not really able to see it since the darkness of the club. Alice sat between Andrew and Lindsey, looking hesitant to Nia when Marcus offered her a drink. She saw Nia shake her head and a wave of relief washed over her. Marcus' face twisted and Alice could see the pure terror in his eyes. So he's on that plan too, Alice thought to herself.

"Would you like something to drink, love?" Andrew leaned over, his lips brushing up against her ear as her whole body tingled.

"No thanks." He leaned back, casually raising an eyebrow. "I'm not really feeling like getting drunk. Can you get me a water though?"

"Uh, sure..."

Lindsey chuckled and shook her head after Andrew walked away. "They're such chumps. Jon asked me if I wanted something when we first walked in." She sipped her water too and watched as people danced on the floor.

Everyone left the booth to either get refreshments, dance, or socialize, so Nia slid over to sit by Lindsey. "They are so stupid. Marcus thinks I'm pregnant now!"

Alice snorted. "This is fun; manipulating them."

Lindsey laughed out loud at that. It was actually quiet fun, especially when the people they were tricking were athletes who claim all the time they were smart. They may be smart on the ice, but off the ice... not so much. "That's true."

On the other side of the club by the bar, three hockey players were all bickering and about to explode.

"This is backfiring on us, Leds!" Andrew shouted over the loud music pulsation through the building.

He held up his hand in surrender as Marcus said, "They're all not drinking, what if they're all pregnant?" Even though they could hardley hear him, the fear was evident in his voice.

"Ooh, that's like triplets!" Nick responded with a gleeful tone in his voice and Marcus slapped the back of his head. "Ow!"

Andrew rolled his eyes. "We'll figure this out. I mean, one's gotta start getting bigger soon, right?"

For a while after Andrew and Marcus brought waters over to Nia and Alice, it was just them sitting there. Lindsey sucked down her water making that annoying noise when it was empty. She glanced around at the people laughing and drinking and suddenly began to go crazy.

"Oh my god, I need something to drink! Please, just one! I'll drink in the bathroom!"

"No," both girls said firmly at their friend who was suddenly having a spaz attack.

"Get it together, girl!" Alice shouted, feeling the need to slap her like in those comedy movies where it was like when they slapped them it actually slapped sense into them.

Lindsey took deep breaths, trying to calm herself. After everything died down, she bolted out of her seat and to the bar to get herself something. Alice sighed and shook her head.

"Guess it's just us, unless no one sees her."
♠ ♠ ♠
I had fun writing this chapter, haha. Soo sorry I didn't update sooner like I wanted to! On a non Blackhawk thing: I went to the Minnesota state fair on Sunday and saw the unveil of the new jersey! They're awesome, and Nino Niederreiter was there modeling it... omg he's a cutie!

School starts tomorrow... ugh.