Cry for the Moon

Hot Chocolate

Simone laughed as we walked outside. I just smirked proudly to myself, glad that I’d had the gut to do that.

“That was unexpected,” Simone laughed.

“That was the point,” I laughed back.

“Well it certainly worked,” she replied, sending me a knowing smile.

“Have a nice night guys,” Thomas called, opening the driver side door.
I quickly climbed in on the other side, not wanting to be out in the snowy cold anymore.

“You too, drive safe,” Simone replied as she climbed into Oliver’s car. I waved to the couple as Thomas shut the door. The car was started, but we weren’t going anywhere until it warmed up some. The heat kicked on and I was thankful.

“It’s going to be cold tonight,” Thomas said, rubbing his hands together to warm them. I laughed as he pulled out of the driveway.

“Isn’t it always in Norway during winter,” I asked.

”You have a point. I prefer Florida’s weather,” he replied.

“Roy prefers the cold.”

“Of course he does,” Thomas laughed, slowing for a red light. I ran a hand through my hair, turning my gaze to look out the window. A thick blanket of snow covered everything and large flakes continued to fall. Ice covered the limbs of the trees, pulling the braches. Ice sickles hung down from the edges of buildings and in the moonlight, they looked like glistening teeth of crystal. Winter had always been my favorite season ever since I was little. Thankfully, since I always went with Kamelot on tour, I saw snow a lot more than I would have if I stayed in Florida.

I closed my eyes and slid down in my seat. I focused on the rhythmic sounds of the car as it went down the road. With a sigh, I let my body relax and it wasn’t long after until I fell asleep.

.X.

“And it all becomes clear, that no one will hear my testimony…”

My eyes snapped open and I found myself staring at the ceiling of Roy’s basement. I let out a quiet sigh. That was the fifth time in two weeks that I’d had that dream. It was short and every time it was the exact same. I was in a bathroom somewhere, leaning against the sink, looking at my reflection. All of a sudden, my reflection changes, but I can never see what it turns into. The more I try to focus on it, the blurrier it gets. Suddenly, a blunt emotionless voice sounds out that says the same thing each time. The voice trails off and it sounds as if it’s going to say more, but I wake up before it does.

“… That no one will hear my testimony…”

I sat up, running a hand through my long, straight black hair. I looked around to see that Thomas, Glenn and Casey were still asleep and Oliver, as expected, had gone to be with Simone. Though it was dark, I could still see somewhat thanks to the dim night light that was plugged into the wall.

As quietly as possible, I got up and made my way through the dark to the stairs, being careful not to step on Casey or Thomas. I cringed as the first step creaked somewhat, and then quickly climbed up the rest. I stretched and let out a quiet yawn as I walked from the hallway to the kitchen.

The hardwood floor was cold against my feet as I sat down at the counter, but I didn’t mind it. Glancing at the clock on the stove, I’d only been asleep for a few hours.

“Three in the morning is awfully early for you to be awake.” I turned hearing Roy’s voice from the living room. I’d been so off in my own little world that I hadn’t noticed the light from the fireplace. Roy closed the book that he was reading and stood up.

“I can’t sleep,” I replied.

“You’re not the only one,” he answered.

“What’s keeping you up,” I asked.

“Racing mind,” he said shortly. “How about you?”

“Same thing, really,” I answered again.

“Do you want some hot chocolate?” I nodded; that would definitely put me to sleep. The recipe itself was an old family secret that Roy had learned from his grandmother. Each time he made it, it was always perfectly rich and there was a slight hint of peppermint. I’d watched Roy make it hundreds of times, but there was always something I seemed to miss.

“Here you go,” Roy said, sliding my cup over to me as he took a drink from his own. I took a sip, making sure that I didn’t burn myself. The warm liquid ran down my throat, instantly warming me up.

“Better,” Roy asked. I smiled.

“A little,” I answered. Roy smiled back.

“You really need to teach me how to make this,” I added.

“One day I will.”

“You’d better,” I laughed. Roy smiled again, leaning against the other side of the counter across from me.

“So, what’s the dream about,” Roy asked bluntly. I sent him a questioning look.

“This is the second time in three days that you’ve been up around this time and from what I can tell, this dream, if that’s what’s bothering you, is not like the… other one,” Roy explained. I looked down, my gaze focusing on my hot chocolate. That other ‘dream’ that Roy was talking about was not a dream at all. It was a nightmare that usually ended with me waking up screaming. Roy knew of this, but he didn’t know what it was about. Thomas was the only one who had the slightest clue, but even he didn’t know exactly what had happened.

That nightmare came to me at random. Sometimes I’d have it once and then not again for a month, other times I’d have it every night for a week or so. I was amazed I’d not had it once since winter started. That was when the nightmare got me the most. This new dream, however, was much different.

“It’s not that nightmare, I promise. If it was, you’d know, believe me. It’s just… some weird dream, but I keep having it,” I answered.

“Have you told Thomas?”

“No, I mean, it’s not really bothering me,” I replied, taking a long drink of hot chocolate.

“I’m just kind of… waiting for that nightmare to come back.”

“Maybe the one bothering you now is being caused by the anxiety that, that nightmare is giving you,” Roy answered.

“How do you figure,” I questioned.

“You’re waiting for that nightmare to come back. You don’t know when, but you know it will and that’s stressing you out. This new dream is probably a result of that stress,” Roy explained.

“You have a good point, but…”

“But what,” Roy asked once I trailed off.

“I feel like it’s trying to tell me something,” I said finally. Roy yawned as I handed him my now empty cup.

“Well, Ana, if that’s the case, I’m sure you’ll figure it out in time,” Roy replied. I smiled at him.

“Yeah, you’re probably right.” I stretched again, fighting back a yawn.

“Now, let’s get back to sleep,” Roy stated.

“Good night, Roy,” I called quietly, heading for the basement steps.

“Good night.”

.X.

Breakfast the next morning came early and it was well welcomed. Casey and Glenn, who sat on either side of me, had found it entertaining to nudge or poke me every time I went to take a drink of my orange juice. I would turn to yell at Casey and Glenn would tickle me or vice versa.

“Okay, I am going to shank the next person that bugs me,” I grumbled. Just as I finished speaking, someone started tickling me, only this time, it wasn’t Glenn or Casey.

“Thomas!” I yelled, smacking him. He just laughed and grinned at me. I couldn’t help but smile too.

“You guys are jerks,” I mumbled as Thomas gave me a hug. When he let me go, Casey threw his arm over my shoulders.

“You know you love us, Analii,” Casey chimed in a sing song voice. I arched an eyebrow at him.

“You, no, but everyone else, yeah,” I replied. Glenn grinned and let out a laughed. Casey faked a look of hurt.

“Why not me,” Casey asked.

“You’re a pain in the ass, that’s why,” I answered.

“Ana, he’s a drummer, it’s his job to be a pain in the ass,” Roy laughed.

“Hey, I play drums, Casey has no excuse,” Thomas replied.

“That’s true, but you play guitar too,” Glenn added.

“He’s got a point,” I laughed. Thomas shrugged.

“Oh, I see how it is! Gang up on the drummer off stage, but when the time comes to record or play live it’s ‘Casey! Where are you? We need you!’”

“Nah,” Thomas grinned. “We have Analii, she knows our songs,” he continued.

“You’re the one that taught her to play!”

“And your point is,” Thomas asked with a smirk. I just stayed quiet, trying to hide my smile. Casey threw his hands up as he stood up from his seat.

“You can not replace all this awesome. I am Casey fucking Grillo for crying out loud,” he declared proudly. All of us laughed.

“Chill out, drummer boy, we’re just messing with you,” I laughed.

“I don’t know if I want to sit by you now, Ana,” Casey replied in a childish voice, crossing his arms.

“Fine then, more bacon for me,” Thomas laughed, moving to take Casey’s from his plate. Casey jumped forward, grabbing his food.

“Oh, hell no,” Casey laughed. “This is my bacon.”

“Then why don’t you sit down and eat it?” Roy asked. Casey grinned and sat down next to me. He then continued stuffing his face like before only now, he left me alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, somethin's up, but the question is, what is it? :D Oh, I love the relationship between Casey and Analii. It's amusing. ^_^

What do you guys think so far?