Are You Free?

Questions

School was out for winter break and it felt great to walk into the house knowing that I was free from school to do anything I want which includes sleeping in, baking nonstop, and shopping! I put my things down next to my desk and quickly changed into holiday pjs. Plugging my ears with my earphones, I set my head back onto my pillows and shut my eyes. It's only been about 10 minutes and my phone rings; I look at the screen to find that it was Mccann's number. I froze, getting chills up my body and my healing cuts throbbing just with the thought of him. Would he hurt me again? Is he going to take me away? I shook because the air suddenly got cold. I pressed the answer button and sat there not talking until he spoke.

"Hey, this is Jason. Are you there?"

"What do you want?"

"Can you come out right now?"

"No, I can't I'm busy."

"Well, I guess I have to come in myself then." What? A total stranger (kinda) just decides to walk into my house without permission? Unbelievable. I wasn't going to let this kidnapper/abuser walk into my house.

"No!" I screamed. " I'll come out..." I heard chuckling from the other side.

I changed into jeans and a big jacket and opened the door and to my surprise I he was actually standing in front of the door this time. Wow. He was in casual clothing and had a smile on his face. I found this suspicious but I took my chances because I knew he really wasn't like what he was the night.

"So, what do you want?" I asked him crossing my arms over my chest.

"I came to apologize. So... I'm sorry." He said rocking back and forth on his heels. Are you kidding me.

"What? I don't think sorry can cut it, I almost died because of you!" I screamed at him, tears welling up in my eyes to the thought of dying. As soon as I said this I could see him tense up, his jaw tightening his hands clenching. Oh no.

"Then what can I do? I don't know what else to say other than sorry!" He yelled back. "Why can't you just greet me in a friendly way like you do to Justin!" His face was hurt. He looked down, his brown hair covering his hazel eyes as he flipped his hair. Suddenly I felt a pang in my chest when he said that. I looked back on the other times I talked to him. I was so harsh to him and always critcizing him about what a horrible person he was.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't realize how I was greeting you all those other times." I apologized myself. I put my hand on his shoulder. "I accept your apology even though I nearly died back there. But can you promise to never do that again? Please?" I said sympathetically. He looked up and I could see his watery eyes meet mine and he managed to get out a little "I promise" through all those hurt feelings. I gave him a sincere smile as he gave me one back.

"Let's go for a walk, what do you think?" He asked me with a small smile. I nodded in agreement.

We walked around the neighborhood. I had so many questions to ask him that I guess you could see it in my face. He looked at me and back down. After a while he put his head up and squinted his eyes.

"You okay? You seem really occupied."

"Oh, yeah, no, well... I have a few... well I guess a lot of questions to ask you." I replied.

"Go ahead, ask away." He said with a sympathetic smile on his face.

"Would you get offended?" I asked. He shook his head to assure me that he wouldn't. "Okay," I started, "so, why did you hurt me that night?" I got a little nervous for the answer.

"Well," He put his hands in his pockets. "I just had a really rough night and needed to get my anger out so I went to talk to you about it but the way you looked at me and talked to me made the anger grow bigger and I just broke down. I'm really really sorry, I didn't mean to nearly kill you, especially with a knife..." I got chills as I heard this come out from him, chills from the pain that I felt and from his apology because I knew he meant it.

"So, where're your parents?" I asked him another.

"I-I don't know. I ran away from home." What? He and Justin were so alike but obviously Justin wasn't a killer or threatening person, he just didn't want to dissappoint his parents.

"W-why did you runaway?" I asked curiously.

"I wanted to live my own life and do want I wanted. My parent's were very strict about everything so I just followed my brother Alex out the house. I was young, my brother was a role model for me."
He replied.

"Then where is your brother now?" I asked.

"Dead... I don't know." He replied with a pain in his voice. I felt so sorry, he lived such a tragic life that I couldn't imagine living in.

"Oh... I'm sorry." I frowned from such tragic news.

"Yeah." He replied wanting to change the subject so I did.

"So where are we going?" I asked with a slight smile. He looked at me with eyes that were really beautiful for someone dangerous like him.

"I don't know, where do you want to go?" He chuckled with a slight smile. He asked me simple questions as we walked down the sidewalk. His smile was beautiful too. I never really knew all these things about him and what he really looked like because I've never actually looked at his face for this long. He was cute and beautiful... he looked a lot like Justin that they could be brothers. We spent an hour strolling along the streets until I saw a familiar white ferrari turned around the corner. I froze. That was Justin's car and if he saw me with Jason he'd freak!