Bruises in Miniature Form

Wedding Songs

"You’re never going to get it in time" Ronnie teased from his position on the couch, body stretched out comfortably in his home.
Max rolled his eyes and continued strumming a few chords on his bass, grinning at Ronnie for his comment, “We’ll get it, or I’ll make you do it for her”
Rolling my eyes I slumped on the floor and rested my head near Max’s knee, shutting my heavy eye lids as he played.
Ronnie snorted and leaned forward to grab his cup of coffee, “Good luck with that. So little Newton, want to try again?”

Rubbing my throat I breathed a heavy sigh before reluctantly agreeing.
Max had been obsessed to get this song to perfection and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him look so passionate about something before.
Ronnie had been helping me do warm ups for my vocals, I never actually knew going 'brrrr' with your lips till they went numb helped your voice.
But we were determined, especially since every two minutes Ronnie would tell us how badly we’d fail.
Ronnie leaned forward with the sheet of music in his hand, eyeing me carefully as I rolled my eyes once more.

“It’s a wedding song Ronnie, I remember the words”
Max rolled his eyes and leaned forward to whisper close to my ear but loud enough for Ronnie to ear as well, “Like the last twelve times?”
“Shut up Maxwell” I hissed before clearing my throat.

Ronnie held the lyrics in front of my face so I could read off the lines as Max put down his bass and grabbed the acoustic guitar Ronnie had brought over for us from some relative.
Slipping the strap over his shoulder he began to strum the now very familiar chords, eyeing me as he did so.
I couldn’t help but watch his fingers move gently, creating the melodic tune before Ronnie kicked my knee cap to get me starting.

Chuckling I shook my head and started singing off the words, my voice cracking a little as I went on, “We’re gonna build a life together, you and I forever and ever.
And we’ll make babies on the beach, under the stardust.
And I’ll hear your voice come through the door, a thousand times, M-maybe more.
And I’ll smile inside to know your mine, completely...”

“Now that would’ve been good if you didn’t stutter near the end” Ronnie teased as Max continued playing, rolling his eyes at me to continue.
“I think you like rolling your eyes, Maxwell” I teased before he huffed loudly and started singing my lines as if Ronnie hadn’t stopped my singing to begin with.

“Do you know how lovely you are?”
“Why thank you!” Ronnie burst in, a smile growing on his face as he watched Max’s brow tighten.
“In the starlight, in the starlight of my... heart” He strummed a little heavier.
“Well come on Newton, start singing with him” I was nudged once more.

Max’s voice was quiet when he tried to sing, unsure of where to go but still calming as it came.
It was nothing like mine because I was too busy stuttering on words to get anything close to the proper pitch he played.
But I was reassured every time that no matter what pitch I used, Max would find the proper chord, something about “by ear”.

“Do you know how lovely you are?” Max continued now pausing to let me get back to where I started.
I had to glance once more at the lyric sheet before I could find my place however, “In the moonlight, in the moonlight of my heart.
Gonna build a home together, You and I forever and ever.
And we’ll make babies on the beach”
“On a” Max corrected quietly as I glared his way.
“Under the stardust, and I’ll hear your voice come through the door.
A thousand times, and maybe more...”

“And I’ll smile inside to know. You. Are. Mine!!!” Ronnie suddenly screamed at us both, laughing when I fell onto my back and Max almost dropped the guitar.
“Sorry, it was starting to get to me” He added with a shrug, grinning mischievously.
“I think we should kick you out” Max ground out, face looking furious at once again being interrupted.
“It’s my house!”
“You’re point?” He really did look serious.
“I think we need a break anyway,” I mumbled, getting up to my feet and stretching; “Besides mom wants us to start booking things while they’re away on their honeymoon”
Ronnie quickly looked back and forth between us, addressing Max first, “You didn’t tell her about the camping trip?”
“I have, she refuses to go” Max shrugged out.
“Oh, you’re going!” Ronnie snapped at me.
“A camping trip with all guys? No thank you”
“Bring Jennifer if it makes you feel better” Max assisted before looking back at me with a smile I couldn’t quite name, “Oh wait, just remembered. Tents full
“You’re an asshole!” I snapped now fisting my hands.
“Oh what, you’re going to hit me?” He challenged and jumped to his feet so we were nose to nose, the guitar putting distance between us.
“Now, now children, let’s not fight”

Throwing his hands up Max gently put the guitar back on its case then repeated this action with his bass, locking it up tight before moving to the front door.
Ronnie was giving me a look of disappointment; one I was betting would rival my mothers.
Now I wasn’t about to be left alone with an upset Ronnie so I chose to go after the silent fuming Max.
At least he would be silent.
Closing the door behind me I caught up to him easily, seeing as he was standing at the end of the drive way swinging keys from his fingers and grinning at me.

“Hurry up” He called before getting into the drives side.
“Max... that’s not your car” I gaped wide eyed as the engine started.
Jumping, I quickly ran down to the car just as Ronnie swung the front door open yelling at Max about not driving away.
Max leaned over and opened the side door, “Get in now or I leave without you” He muttered and watched as I darted inside.
He didn’t even wait for me to close the door before he was off driving; I didn’t even have a seat belt on!
“Are you crazy!?” I yelled as I got the door closed and struggled with my seat belt, “Do you know how many things are wrong with this!?”
“It’s not like we’ll get in trouble,” He shrugs and grins sideways at me, “Its Ronnie’s car anyway and he owes me”
“You’re breaking the rules of the road!” I hissed and watched him purposely swerve the car just to make me scream louder.
“Really? I didn’t notice” he teased and that was when I noticed he had no seat belt on. I’m going to die.
“Put your seat belt on!” I screamed again, my throat getting tired from all its usage.
Grinning Max took his left hand off the wheel to grab his seat belt, effectively making the car jerk towards the side walk.
MAXWELL GREEN, DO NOT PUT YOUR SEAT BELT ON!!” I cried out as he returned both hands to the wheel.
“Do, don’t. Make up your mind Newt”

Hyperventilating I reached over myself to grab the seat belt, ignoring his “Whoa!” as I strapped him in and fought back the urge to choke him with it.
“I want you to pull over. Right. now”
Eyeing the road Max looked at me for a second before answering calmly, “Think about what you’re asking, then seriously ask me again”

Looking at the road in front of us I realised quickly being in the middle lane and this flow of sudden traffic was not going to help us one bit, if the car was pulled over we would surely risk getting hit.
As if knowing my reaction Max nodded once and sped up, shifting the gears as he began switching lanes to get ahead faster.
Sinking into my seat further I sucked in my breath through my teeth, clenching and unclenching my hands.

“Are you still trying to get me out of my house?” I suddenly mused but kept my eyes away from him.
“It’s not your house” He corrected.
“It’s not yours either!” I spat and turned in my seat to face him properly.
Shrugging his shoulders Max took a right turn into a quiet street, “More mine then it is yours”
“You’re so cruel you know”
“I’m also pretty damn hot” he teased, flashing me a million watt smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so hopefully I haven't lost all my readers since I do suck updating as much as I should, but I couldn't just leave this story!
So this one is a filler BUT it leads up to a good next one that I'm currently writing up :D

Has anybody seen that Arby's commercial? The one where the guy rubs the burger on his hair for the grease. Did it make anyone else gag?

And hopefully I'll be updating this again later tonight, feel free to harass me! :D
Thanks for reading!