Bruises in Miniature Form

His Plea

Mom and Rick’s wedding was three days away with the plans finally set and placed in action.
It seemed all my time trying to fight Max out of my life and wasting hours at the photo booth in the mall with Jennifer had finally caught up with me and now I was sitting in a car on my way to some dumb rehearsal.
Max was fidgeting nervously beside me, jerking on the tie that hung from his neck and my mom hummed happily in the driver’s seat.
Parking at the hotel in which my mother and Rick would become wed I forced myself out of the car door and bolted to her side.
She wasn’t dressed in anything flashy but she looked beautiful anyway with her air curled at the top of her head.

“Come along now” She spoke to Max and I.
Letting her lead us inside the hotel I took my time looking around, eyeing all the decorations and flowers.
Mom was planning on spending the next two nights in this exact hotel too while Rick, Max and I stayed home waiting for the ‘big day’.
I admit; I was a little jealous that she could escape to such a lavish place where she would be waited upon hand and foot while I was stuck with Rick and his drinking buddies and an annoying black haired jerk.
Fingers twined with my hand as I continued gaping and when I looked I realised it was my mother, a smile still in place.
“You okay Tea Cup?”
Nodding I moved with her towards the dining hall, taking my seat besides a very uncomfortable looking Max.

“Can you help me with something?” Max whispered into my ear from the side.
“With what?” I mused when suddenly his hand grasped my wrist from under the table and jerked me up to my feet.
“Excuse us,” He told my mother and dragged me out of ear shot, “I need you to find me after the rehearsal and make sure I don’t leave”
“What?” I asked puzzled.
“Kay, there’s this niece of Rick’s that is always harassing me and I just need you to make sure she doesn’t kidnap me”
“I think it would save me the trouble if she kidnapped you” I scoffed.
Rolling his eyes Max glanced back at the conversing table, “I just need this one favour”
“What’s in it for me?” the words tumbled off my lips like water.
Furrowing his brows Max dug his hands into his dress pants pockets before answering me, “I won’t pull any pranks on you while we camp”
“You were going to pull pranks on me!?” I cried.
“Course,” he shrugged out, “But I won’t if you help me”
“Say please” I finalised.
“I’m not saying please”
“Then I won’t help you”

Rolling his blue eyes Max shifted from foot to foot as my mother began calling us back, telling us they were ready to do their ‘fake walk’ down the aisle and Max needed to be the groom.
Waiting impatiently I glowered my way at Max who seemed to struggle with anything polite.

“Please help me?”
“Alright”

So I gave in, I mean protecting him from Rick’s miss-sunshine niece wasn’t going to be too hard.... right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this was going to be out earlier but I had a fight with parents, took off to cedar, went with Gunnar to the hospital were we waited for five hours then when I got home I had to go pick up Nic and a drunken Dave from Tim Hortons where I just got back now at.... 4;25am!!!

Good side; Nic was really hot tonight and tomorrow I'll be getting my neeeew blackberry phone!

Woo. Busy, busy. BUT here is my promised update.
I'm on a freakin roll, no joke, already started on the next update because this one was so short. It might seem like a filler but I've got big plans :D
Which means if you harass/beg me enough I'll update again... when I get up. later. but that requires some sleep.