Bruises in Miniature Form

Water Problems and Arguements

When nothing presented itself to cover me up I poked my head out again and shifted my sight around until my gaze landed on my open bedroom door.
Sucking the air in through my front teeth and holding it in my throat to help gain some form of confidence, I bolted, running straight to my door without so much as a look anywhere around me.
I darted straight into my room and slammed my door shut, hoping Max didn’t look up from the couch and see me.
Turning around with my eyes closed I felt the air leave my lungs as a light chuckle hit my ears.
Snapping my eyes open, my hands darted up to my mouth as Max sat on the end of my bed with my towel in his fucking fingers.
He cocked his head to the side and that was enough for me to scream and attempt to cover my body with my hands.

GET OUT!
The corners of his lips twitched as a strange glint entered his eyes, “You don’t have to be shy”

I’m sure my eyes resembled a terrified child that was scared of a monster hiding under their bed.
My skin was draining of colour as I dashed to rip the towel from Max’s hand and wrap it firmly around my body, feeling completely disgusted with not only myself but this prick on my bed.

“You took my towel?” I hissed through a clenched jaw as I tightened my arms around my body.
“Your towel?” He looked confused for a moment before a look of recognition spread over his adorable features and that pierced nose scrunched up for a moment, “I thought we went over this before darling, everything here is mine”
“Max! Get out of my room you prick!” I snapped with clenched fists, I could almost picture his bones snapping with my mind.
“Nah, ‘side this is much too interesting, didn’t know you had a tattoo”

I choked on my tongue, spluttered and gasped.
When Rick said Max was a good kid, he was lying.
And when I thought Max wasn’t that bad, well I lied too.
I moved backwards to my dresser so Max wouldn’t catch sight of my backside, after all he had seen plenty enough.

“I want you out of my room right now!”
He finally moved by pushing up off my bed with his hands and stepping over in long strides to stand before me, leaving only a few inches between us until I finally noticed how many inches in height that were actually between us, “Thought we were having share time?”
“I-if you don’t get out of h-here n-now, I swear!”
“Swear what?” His face scared me; I had never seen someone’s eyes look that dark, when normally his were a bright blue.
“I’ll… just get out!” And I pushed against his chest, watching him take a few steps back before his hands rushed up and grasped my wrists to stop himself from falling to the floor.
“Alright, alright ‘sides your getting boring anyway” And he turned around and left, closing my door gently behind him.

No boy had ever seen me naked, on purpose or by accident and this asshole was going to get it!
I mean it was one thing to take my towel but to then wait in my room it was like it was intentional…
My eyes widened in horror as I attempted to calm myself.
Just keep my cool and pretend nothing happened, that will make everything all better and I doubt Max will tell anyone.

-- --

My arms were crossed over my chest as I stared out the car window, pressing my sides against the door and making sure the whole seat belt was maxed out.
My rage had long since subsided but now was replaced by embarrassment.
It didn't help that Max was the first person to talk to Rick and my mother about the incident, leadin them to believe it was an accident.
They were pretty quick to trying to console me and calm the situation.
Just like they were doing now,

“You know Teresa I think you two would get along, it was after all just an accident” Rick glanced at me from time to time in the mirror as his hands gripped the steering wheel gently.
“Ya, I’m really sorry it happened” Max gave me a shy smile and for a minute I forgot how evil he had been... for a minute.
“See there, he’s apologized, now Teresa makes friends” My mother gushed sweetly, and reached behind her to pat my shoulder comfortingly.
“Fine, if it was an accident,” I shot a look at Max before holding my hand out to him, “Then I forgive you”
His face lit up and I finally noticed the glimmering ring in his lip that was collecting moisture, “Cool then” and he reached out and shook my hand.

I relaxed more in my spot in the backseat and leaned back, pressing my back into the cushions as I continued to stare out at the strip we passed by.
The buildings all had flashing lights here and there but the closer we got to the mall the more everything looked a lot like it did back home.

“So your father’s plans have changed and he’ll be here within two more days” My mother spoke up, clearly addressing me.
“Two days?”

She nodded in affirmation before starting small talk with Rick as he kept his gaze completely stuck on the road.
It felt like we had been driving for hours but that was probably the cause of the awkwardness standing between Max and I.
Even if I forgave him it didn’t change the fact at what he saw, and that irked me.
I stepped out of the car after unbuckling myself and moved to my mother’s side, waiting patiently as everyone else stepped out.
Mother had an idea to pick out the small things for her wedding now and then go over them when dad came out, and that was how Max and I fit into the picture.
Rick said Max was to be his best man and since I was mother’s ‘best lady,’ ‘’best maid’ or whatever the hell she’s calling it for the day.
We had to find some things together as Mom and Rick looked for things they wanted us to stay out of. I didn't complain, much...
I truthfully was surprised at how many wedding stores there were in Las Vegas and just how many we had to go to in just one day.
The walls had been lined with different dresses each a shade of white to pink, a few of them a pale blue.
The tuxedos were a dashing black on the opposing wall and I couldn’t help but pick out the ugliest ones first just to make sure I wouldn’t go near that one area.
Max was already walking ahead of me, the bell jingling closed behind us as some man with greasy blonde hair looked up to meet us.
Without bothering to start a long conversation about what Rick wanted I moved to the back walls where different decorations hung.
Conversation flowed over me and when I glanced to my side I saw Max leading the man over to where I stood, chatting about some corsage.
As they got closer the subject changed to the decorations for the wedding, a discussion I wasn’t sure Max should be having.

“Well do you have a certain theme?” The man eyed the piercings in Max’s nose and lip before giving me a small once over.
“Did your mom say anything in particular?” Max now asked, waiting for my response impatiently.
“Yeah, mother wanted something classic and blue”
“We have a book in the back filled with different themes. I’m sure the one you’re looking for then will be in there”

I nodded and waved the man off, looking back to a rack of strange cards that were meant to be wedding invitations but only landed as people attempting crude humour.

“Classic and blue?” Max spoke up through the silence, swinging an arm over my shoulder as I raised a curious eyebrow at him.
“That’s what she said”
He snorted loudly while giving me a strange look that I could probably profile under 'a dying bird and cat in water', “So you actually forgive me?”
“Well you said sorry” I shrugged effortlessly, maybe he’s going to be nice now?
His laugh cut off my thoughts, “You’re really gullible you know that right?”
“Excuse me?” Cue defensive action, smack the retard...
“I’m surprised you listen to your mom that well, but then again you’re probably the type who does everything their told right? A goody-goody?”
“I’m not a goody-goody” I hissed now backing away from him and watching his arm drop down to his side.
He obviously took offense to this since his eyes narrowed slightly in concentration, “Right, that tattoo obviously classified you as a badass right?”
“What the hell is your problem?” He sure knows how to get on peoples nerves.
“Me? I don’t have a problem, that’s your issue. I mean maybe you’ve got your own insecurities or-“
“I’m not having this conversation with you” I cut him off before stalking away.

For Rick’s sake I will try to get along with him, and for the sake of my mother’s wedding I will not start an argument.
He’s just not used to me yet that’s all, just being defensive himself...