It's Over When It's Over

Our Beginning

I just walked into my night job at Jimmy’s Bar. I had a long day working at my daddy’s gun shop. Teaching a bunch of people how to shoot a gun correctly. “Hey Jimmy.” I said as I made it to the back.
“Hey Lora. Can you find Mike? Tell him to go find Dixon and take Merle home. He had too much again.” Jimmy said.
“Alright.” I slightly laughed. I put on my apron and walked to the bar to serve some drinks. “Mike!” I called out, “Can you go find Dixon?”
“Hey babe I’m right over here!” Merle laughed.
“Merle you had too much to drink.” I sighed.
“No I didn’t! I’m just having a good time!” Merle laughed. My co-worker Jackie came in late as usual.
“Lora can you make me a drink?” Jackie asked as she ran to the back to get ready for her shift. I made her a drink like she asked and put in on the table for her. As I was about to walk away I saw Merle reach for it.
“Merle really?” I asked with a laugh. Merle giggled a little and laid his head on the counter. Merle was a regular here. Spent most the time flirting with me. He knew he was never going to get anywhere but I think he loved trying. I’ve know the Dixon brothers since I was a kid, but I'd always see Daryl more than Merle. I was in 5th grade and Daryl was in 12th grade if my memory is correct. Merle was in prison for trying to steal some beers from the liquor store and for some other crazy stuff. Daryl and I weren’t friends; we hardly knew each other but our dads were good friends. When I was 18 I went to medical school for 4 years but didn’t finish because my mother passed away and none of my 3 brothers wanted to help our father with the gun shop. So I went and took my mother’s job. Although it’s been years I still remember my medical training and it comes in handy sometimes. It hardly ever happens but there will always been that one dumbass that shoots a gun in the wrong direction or something and gets someone hurt and I help them until the ambulance gets here or even at the bar when someone gets real hurt during a fight.
Mike walked in with Daryl. I looked over at Jackie as she drank her drink and laughed. Jackie has a crush on Daryl. In fact many girls did. But he turns down every single one of them. I’ll admit Daryl is really hot but I’m not falling for him like Jackie or the others. I wondered if he was gay or just confused but I’m pretty sure he is straight.
“Merle let’s go!” Daryl yelled.
“Babe brother. Isn’t she cute?” Merle asked Daryl as he pointed to me.
“Come on Merle!” Daryl yelled again.
“Hey!” I yelled. “Answer him!” I told Daryl.
“De hell you talkin bout?” He asked.
“Merle asked you if I was cute! Answer him!” I stopped what I was doing and waited for Daryl’s answer. Daryl had a mouth on him but I was going to deal with it until I got an answer. I guess this was my way of officially finding out if he likes girls, plus it was nice messing with him.
“I don’t got to tell you a god damn thing!” He growled. After a few seconds he looked down and mumbled “yeah you’re cute. Alright?”
“Thank you!” I then went back to work as Daryl dragged Merle out the bar and left.
“Omg!” Jackie said, “Daryl thinks you’re cute! You lucky bitch! I’d do anything to get him to look at me twice!” I laughed. Hours later I finished my shift and as I walked outside I bumped into Daryl.
“Came back to tell me how cute I am?” I joked.
“Shut the hell up! Merle left his wallet!”
“Oh, well after you get it can you drive me home. I don’t feel like walking.” Daryl shrugged his shoulders, “Please?”
“Fine get in the truck!” As Daryl walked back into the bar I got into his light blue old truck. I saw Daryl had a pack of cigarettes so I took one. I knew he’d be mad about it but I didn’t really care. I lite it and took a few hits before Daryl got in the truck. “Did I say you can touch my things?” He spat.
“I’ll give you another cigarette when we get to my house.” Daryl didn’t say anything he just glared at me. So I took a hit and blow the smoke in his face, teasing him. Daryl grunted and started the truck. We started driving and so far Daryl was going in the right direction. I didn’t know how he knew where to go. “Um just turn up he-“.
“I know where you live!”
“Why?” Daryl didn’t answer me. I wondered why he knew where I lived. He’s never been to my house before. He pulled up in front of my place and followed me inside. He must have really wanted that one cigarette. I went to my kitchen and grabbed a cigarette from a pack that was on my table. “Here you go.”
“It’s a small town!” Daryl randomly said.
“What?”
“You asked why I knew where you lived. It’s a small town.” He softly explained as he took the cigarette. I looked at Daryl. He wanted me to say something but I didn’t know what. I would have just stood there and waited for him to leave but I didn’t.
“Do you want to come over for dinner tomorrow?” I asked. I don’t really know why I asked. Daryl thought I was cute and I think he is cute, might as well give it a shot for some reason I haven’t thought of yet.
“You asking me out on a date?” He asked softly with a little smile.
“You want it to be a date?”
Daryl just looked at me. “See you tomorrow night then.” I was actually really glad Daryl said yes. Maybe I can see a sweeter side of him. I walked Daryl to my front door and patted him on the chest before he walked out.
“Be here at 8!” I yelled. Daryl turned around putting a thumbs up. I closed the door and went to my bed and laid down. I was actually looking forward to tomorrow night. I had work off at the bar and the gun shop so I could have time to clean the house and buy food for our dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo sorry if it's sucky I didn't proof read and yeah. This and a few more chapters are just about how Daryl and Lora came to be and then it'll fast forward to the walkers and all :) I really hope you enjoy. I'm sorry i'm not that good at writing buut it's something I enjoy doing a lot!! <3