It's Over When It's Over

Stress

Rick shot Sophia. She went down and as she fell Carol’s crying screams got louder. Daniel got up and ran towards camp. I got up and ran after him. He ran into his tent crying on his cot. I laid beside him, wrapping my arms around him.
“She was my friend!” He cried over and over again. I didn’t know what to say other than I’m sorry.
Daniel cried himself to sleep. Half an hour of him crying “She was my friend” and “Sophia why?” I got up covering up Daniel so he can rest comfortably. I went outside and saw Daryl walking towards me. There was nothing I wanted more than to be angry with him for this whole thing but I couldn’t be angry. I understood why he did this. I just wished he could view it like Rick did.
“Can we talk?” Daryl softly asked.
I ran my fingers through my hair, “Of course.” I followed Daryl back to the lake where we were at the other night. He walked on to the small fishing pier and sat down at the edge. I sat beside him. We didn’t talk at all. We just sat there as I looked at the lake. Daryl looked down most of the time. He just sat there, I’m sure thinking about all that had just happened. After a while I told him we should get back to camp. Help out with the bodies and all, but after he stood up I gave him a hug. It took him a second to hug me back but once he did he hugged me tightly. I think he wanted to know if I thought he did right today and the hug gave him that answer even though I didn’t fully think he did right. Daryl isn’t a man to show his feelings but it wasn’t hard to guess what he was feeling. I know he is hurt to find out Sophia was in the barn the whole time after all the trouble he had gone through. He needs that comfort and I’ll do my best to give him that.
We made our way back to camp and saw everyone walking towards this one spot so I guess that’s where they buried the bodies. Everyone one just stood there giving their respects and one by one everyone walked off including Daryl. I went off to go help burn the rest of the bodies.
___
There were two bodies left. Andrea and T-Dog grabbed one and Jack and I grabbed the other.
“A few more trips.” Rick said as he walked towards us.
“We got lucky.” Andrew said. “If that barn had anymore, we could’ve been overrun.”
Andrea and T-Dog put the walker in the back of a truck, “Good thing Shane did what he did when he did.” T-Dog said.
“You can’t tell me this was right.” Dale said.
“It wasn’t.” Rick said, “It’ll cost us with Hershel.”
“He’s grieving. He’ll come around, see we had no choice.” Andrea said.
“We had a choice.” I said, “Sadly y’all picked the wrong one.”
“Look, I got no qualms about it. Walkers in my back yard? Mm-mmm.”
“I’m not saying what you guys did was wrong, but it was the way you approached the situation that was.” I said.
“Well I did what I had to do to keep my family safe.” Jack said looking me dead in the eyes as we put away our walker.
“Lora is right, though.” Dale said. “We’re not saying that we shouldn’t have taken care of the problem, but creating a panic to—“
“There’s no point arguing about it. It’s done. There’s nothing we can do about it.” Lori interrupted before she walked off. T-dog, Andrea, and Jack all got on the truck to take the dead walkers away to burn them. I stayed to talk to Rick and Dale.
“Thank you,” I paused. “For havin the right mind on this whole thing.” I told them both. Rick smiled putting his hand on my shoulder before we heard Maggie yelling out my name. I ran to the house as fast as I could knowing something was wrong. Once I made it to Maggie she had told me that Beth had just fell and that no one can find Hershel so a bit later Rick and Glenn left looking for him. She took me to the bedroom where Beth was laying. Her eyes were wide open. I looked at her. Her eyes were slightly bloodshot, but she was fine. “She is just in shock. I’m sure her mind just couldn’t handle all that happened. She is in like a small coma so to say. She’ll be fine for now. All we have to do is let her go throw it maybe give her a sedative, to stop her body from working to hard.” Maggie hugged me, thanking me for being here. Lori came in telling to have a talk with Daryl about his attitude. I totally understand why people want me to talk to Daryl because he actually listens to me but I’m not his mother. I can’t control the things that come out his mouth and I can’t help it if he is disrespectful to someone no matter how much I wish I could.
___
I stayed with Beth to make sure she was okay but it was already dark out and I wanted to get an actual nights rest. I let Maggie know and she was alright with it. I walked to camp and noticed Daryl and my tent was gone. I ran back to the house and asked Jack and Daniel if they knew and he told me that Daryl moved across the farm. He didn’t know why but he handed me a flash light so I’d find my way. Patricia asked me if I was going to stay for dinner but I told her I was tired and I wanted to go to bed early. I went outside and saw the dim fire across the field like Jack kind of told me. As I began walking towards Daryl, Carol ran past me. I don’t think she noticed me because it’s so dark. She ran towards Daryl. They only said a few words before she stormed off then noticing me. She slightly smiled and I began to question what had happen. I ran to Daryl and asked him.
“That bitch Carol needs to leave me the hell alone. Always cryin me about how her daughter has been dead the whole. Did she not care about all the hell I went through?” Daryl yelled holding a bottle of beer in his hand. “Tellin me shit like I don’t know. Tellin me how she lost her daughter she can’t lose me too. She shouldn’t care for me!! I sure don’t give two shits for her!”
“Daryl where you’d you get that beer?” I asked. Even though that was the least of my concerns I only asked just so I could spread out our conversation.
“You even listening to me?!” Daryl said getting closer to me. Daryl paused before telling me he went into town and got some from one of the stores. Usually Daryl is a calm drunk but he can have his moments of being a bad drunk. He continued to complain about Carol. I love Carol as family but I didn’t like the fact that she was always on Daryl. I’m glad to know she cares for him but there is such thing as crossing lines.
“Come on Daryl. Let’s go lay down. I know you’ve had a hard day. Need to relax; get some sleep.” Daryl nodded. He put his beer down and walked with me to the tent. I’ll question him tomorrow about why he moved all our stuff over here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey i called this one stress bc i was extremely stressed out when i wrote it and i didn't re read this one so im very sorry
please comment subscribe and recommend
love ya! :)