It's Over When It's Over

Angry Night

I woke up to the sound of footsteps. I looked around and it was still dark and Daryl wasn’t beside me. I looked outside the tent and saw Carol just standing there. I wonder why the hell was she her but Daryl asked that question for me.
“What are you doing?” Daryl asked scaring Carol.
“Keeping an eye on you.” She said. There is no need for her to do that when I am here.
“Ain’t you a peach?”
“I’m not gonna let you pull away. You’ve earned your place.” She told him.
“If you spent half your time minding your daughter’s business instead of sticking your nose in everybody else’s she’d still be alive!” Daryl spat back. I honestly couldn’t believe he said that to her after everything that has happened today. “Man, just go! I don’t want you here! Lora is in there sleepin and you come over here just to bug me! You’re a real piece of work, lady. What, are you gonna make this about my daddy or some crap like that? Pfft! Man, you don’t know jack. You’re afraid. You’re afraid ‘cause you’re all alone. You got no husband, no daughter. You don’t know what to do with yourself. You ain’t my problem! Sophia wasn’t mine! All you had to do was keep an eye on her!” Carol just stood there and took it. Out of all the times where she could have been strong she wasn’t, but now she chose to be.
I walked out the tent, “Daryl!” The both looked at me surprised.
“Just leave me alone! Go complain to Dale, Glenn, Jack anybody else but me!” Daryl told Carol.
“Daryl that’s enough!!” I raised my voice. Carol walked away right when Daryl looked at me. Daryl and I didn’t say anything. I just stared at him disappointed in all the horrible things he had told her. But like I said she was strong. She took it she took every word. If I were her I would have slapped him after the first sentence. Daryl will soon see his wrong and apologize though.
I grabbed Daryl’s hand and sat him by the fire. “I love you. Okay. And I need you more than ever now. Don’t take your angry out on her. Take it out on me because at the end of the day I’ll be here for you, but I need to know you’ll be here for me. You have to stop acting out like that even after a bad day. All you have to do is come to me.” Daryl bit his thumb nail the whole time glancing at me for a second or two. We’ve had these conversations before but I need this one to get to him. “Because like Carol said you earn your keep you just don’t realize how important you are to us. How important you are to me.” Daryl looked up at me. Even though he is drunk I knew he got everything I told him. I got up and sat on his lap. I kissed him to let him know I mean't every word. It felt like forever since the last time we kissed. His lips were dry and his kiss tasted of some bad beer. He slowly moved his cold hands up my shirt. His hands shacked from the alcohol.
“Lora, Lora we need you!” Dale yelled out. I broke our kiss.
“What is it?” I yelled back.
“There’s been an accident.” He said.
I got off of Daryl and stood up, “God damnit our group needs to stop gettin hurt all the time,” I said to myself. Daryl laughed. I told him to stay at our tent and I’d go deal with whatever happened. I walked up to Dale and asked what was going on. He told me Lori was in a car accident and that she is pregnant. I stopped and looked at him surprised.
We got to the house and Shane rushed me to Lori to take a look at her. He handed me a small flashlight. “Alright look up.” I told Lori. She did as told but insisted she was fine. I ignored her and continued to check her. “Patricia can you get me a stethoscope please?”
“What’s that for?” Lori asked.
“Well I hear you’re pregnant and you were just in a car accident. That’s a bad combination, so I want to hear and make sure everything is alright down there. I'm guessing you’re before 12 weeks and having a miscarriage is more likely than after 12 weeks so car accident or not it’s still good to check mainly in the condition we are in.” Lori smiled and nodded. Patricia handed me the stethoscope and I rubbed the bottom on my shirt so it wouldn’t be cold when I put it on Lori’s stomach. “Alright, it’s best that you lay down. Just relax and don’t tense up.” Everyone got off the couch so she could lay down. I listened to her inside and everything sounded okay so I’m assuming everything is in check. I let her know and she smiled before Shane pretty much told everyone to get on so he can talk to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry this chapter is so short. I've been really busy and I didn't get to finish this full chapter so here is part of it. I have 3 days of school left so I will be able to update more. Please comment subscribe and recommend. :) You mean so much to me thanks for reading!! :)
and i know this chapter is very mehhh but I was in a rush writing this bc i was also studying for finals and I didn't want to put in this part bc you know there can not be a Caryl lol but it was to make up space. lol :)