It's Over When It's Over

Walk to Hell

I nodded trying not to worry myself. Glenn walked with me back to the elders and helped me with them.
“You should stay and get to know my grandson Felipe. He needs beautiful girl.” She said softly with a smile. “Oh and he is a nurse like you.”
“Oh no, I already have a boyfriend, sorry. And I’m not a nurse. I’m more of a doctor.” I smiled back. We then heard loud coughing coming from the main room so we all went to go see if the man coughing was okay. I looked at him and saw he was having trouble breathing. “He’s having an asthma attack. Does anyone have an inhaler?”
“We can’t find any of his medicine.” One man said. I sighed, trying to think of what I could do.
“Felipe would know where Mr. Gilbert’s medication would be.” The older lady said. “Let me go get him.” I nodded and she left.
“Okay Mr. Gilbert, just breathe.” Then a few minutes later the bald guy Felipe came up behind me with an inhaler, saying what I said. I turned around and saw Daryl, and the others. I got up and ran to Daryl kissing him. He wrapped one arm around me as I had both of mine wrapped around him. I was so glad to see him, all of them in fact.
“What the hell is this?” Rick asked.
“He’s having an asthma attack. Couldn’t get his breathe all of a sudden.” Glenn explained.
“Are you okay?” Daryl whispered to me.
I nodded, “Everything’s fine.” I went back to Mr. Gilbert to see if he was okay. He had gotten his breathe back so he was fine. Daryl and the other boys went in another room to talk so I stayed to help the elders as much as I could before I had to go back.
___
We had left and we were almost to the van. Everything was settled with the other group and I was glad we all got out of Atlanta alive.
“Admit it; you only came back to Atlanta for the hat.” Glenn joked with Rick.
“Don’t tell anybody.” Rick said.
“You’ve given away half our guns and ammo.” Daryl said.
“Not nearly half.”
“For what?” Daryl asked. “Bunch of old farts who are gonna die off momentarily anyhow? Seriously, how long you think they got?”
“How long do any of us?” I said. We made our way around a bus and we saw our van wasn’t there. I mean this is where we parked it.
“Where the hell’s our van?” Daryl asked.
“We left it right there! Who would take it?” Glenn asked.
“Merle.” Rick said. We all looked at each other. The possibility of that was high I guess.
“He’s gonna be taking some vengeance back to camp.” Daryl said.
“Well then we gotta hurry!” I said. I started running ahead of the boys. I looked back and saw them walking. “Come on! We can at least try and get there before dark!” In high school I was on the track team so I could run miles without getting tired. We ran for what I think was two hours. We had to stop quit a few times so they could catch their breathes. Luckily we were almost to camp. We just had to make our way around the hill and up some ways. A few minutes later we all heard screams, and gun shots going off. That’s when we started running faster. When we got to camp we saw walkers everywhere. I started shooting every walker I saw while still looking around for Daniel and Jack.
“Lora stay close to me!” Daryl yelled. I moved my way next to him taking down the last walker I saw. Everyone looked around and we didn’t see any walkers left.
“Daniel!” I yelled. Daniel came out of the RV crying. I ran to him, hugging him. “It’s okay. It’s over now!" I carried Daniel back into the RV and hugged Jack.
“Did you find Merle?” Jack asked. I shook my head. “At least y’all okay. Why’d this have to happen?”
“I don’t know, but Jack you gotta step up you game. No more seating in the tent all day. Get out, take watch. Do anything to keep Daniel safe.” I felt horrible saying that but it was true. We need all the protection we can get and I know Jack knows how to fight. It may take a while but anything to get him to participate. Jack was in jail a few years ago and when he came out he was a new man. A more laid back man. I still want him to be that way but he needs to be violent when needed.
___
I woke up the sound of brains, and guts squishing. Not a nice way to wake up I can tell you that. When I got out the tent I saw Daryl putting an axe into a walkers head, then Glenn and Jack throwing it into fire. I looked around and saw Andrea still by Amy’s side. It didn’t even hit me that Amy got bit and that she’s never coming back; well alive that is. I wanted to go pay my respects, so I went and kneeled beside Andrea. “I can’t even begin to say how sorry I am. We all cared for Amy so much, and I’m sorry it had to happen like this.” Andrea was silent. I didn’t have anything else to say. I just wanted her to know that Amy will be missed. I got up and went and sat next to Carol and Lori. Rick went to go tell Andrea what had to be done with Amy and Andrea took out her gun and aimed it at Ricks head. Rick slowly backed away and walked back to us, so did Daryl.
“Y’all can’t be serious. Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl’s a time bomb.” Daryl said.
“What do you suggest we do?” Rick asked.
“Take the shot. Clean, in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance.”
“No! For god’s sakes, let her be!” I said. “Andrea will do it when she’s ready.” Daryl stormed off. We just sat there in silence and that was just unfair to everyone else who was doing work so I got up and went and helped Morales and Daryl pick up one of our dead members to throw it in the fire.
“What are you guys doing?” Glenn asked. “This is for geeks. Our people go over there.”
“What’s the difference? They’re all infected.” Daryl stated.
“Our people go in that row over there. We don’t burn them! We bury them. Understand?” Glenn said. Daryl looked at me and I nodded agreeing with Glenn. Daryl, Morales and I bent down and carried the guy to the row of our people.
“You reap what you sow.” Daryl grunted.
“You know what? Shut up, man!” Morales snapped. As we dropped the body.
“Y’all left my brother for dead! You had this coming!” Daryl yelled as he walked off. I followed him.
“Daryl. We’ve all be through enough already. We don’t need you yelling about Merle. Merle cut off his own hand, not them.” I said. “We are going to be with these people until the end. Whether you like it or not. So you better start changing your attitude for the better.” Daryl sighed deeply.
“We’ll see.” We’ll see was the closet I got to a fine.
“Thank you.” I said then giving Daryl a kiss on his dirty cheek. I turned around to go pick up another walker with Jim. I bent down looking up at Jim, and I saw fresh blood on his shirt. “Are you bleeding?” I asked.
“I just got some on me from the bodies.” He explained.
“Jim, that blood is fresh. Were you bit?” I asked nervously.
“No. I got scratched during the attack.” He said. Jacqui overheard us and demanded that Jim shows us. “Don’t tell, please.” Jim whispered.
“A walker got him!” Jacqui announced. “A walker bit Jim!” Everyone surrounded Jim. Daryl demanded that he shows it to us, but Jim didn’t he turned around and grabbed a shovel to defend himself as the men got closer to him. T-Dog came up to him from behind locking his arms so he couldn’t move. Daryl lifted his shirt up and there we saw the teeth marks. Shane told Jim to sit by the RV while all of us talk about what to do with him.
“I say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl’s and be done with it.” Daryl said.
“That what you’d want if it were you?” Shane asked.
“Yeah, and I’d thank you while you did it.”
“What if it was Lora? Would you feel the same way?”
“You keep her the hell out of this!” Daryl snapped.
“I hate to say it. I never thought I would but maybe Daryl’s right.” Dale said.
“Jim’s not a monster, Dale, or some rabid dog.” Rick said. I was annoyed hearing them argue over whether or not to kill Jim, so I went to Jim and asked him if he was okay and if I could get him anything.
“Nah, I’m fine. Thank you though.”
“Just let me know if you need something.”
“No, I mean thank you for not being a part of that.” He said pointing to everyone. I pressed my lips together, smiling a little. I tried to comfort him by just being with him. Jim and I looked at the group talking and Daryl turned his head glaring at Jim. A few seconds later Daryl turned around and ran towards us.
“Lora move!! Someone needs to have some balls to take care of this damn problem!” Daryl yelled with the axe in the air getting ready to swing for Jim’s head. Daryl was stopped by the sound of Rick’s gun cocking. I stood in front of Jim, knowing Daryl wouldn’t do anything.
“We don’t kill the living.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again because I slightly suck I didn't re read it. So sorry if there is mistakes. Comment, Recommend and Subscribe please!!! :) But for real please comment. I really wanna know what you think. :)