Status: Brand new story. Feedback always welcome!

If These Sheets Were the States

Leaving Home.

"Fuck," I grumble, tossing my duffle bag in the backseat of my car. I knew Jack's lanky figure anywhere, even in the dark as he slowly made his way to my house. I don't recall inviting him over and just the mere sight of him would throw my parents off. "What are you doing here, Jack?"

Said boy smiles at me, shoving his hands deep in his pockets. He smirks at me as he rocks back and forth on his feet, standing only three feet from my car. I hear him let out a loud sigh before his smirk breaks out into a full-on smile.

"So, your mom called my mom. I had no idea we were going to music camp. It was really nice of her to call and remind me to pack."

Damnit, mom.

Brushing a strand of hair away from my face, I tap my fingers on the hood. How am I going to dig myself out of this one? My best friend would never tell on me, even if he didn't approve of my actions, but there was still one problem standing in the way: What would I do with Jack while I was on the road? Obviously, he couldn't go home. His mom thought he was going to camp, too. But that's when I noticed, he didn't have a bag with him.

"I don't know what you're up to, Gaskarth, but I'm coming with you." Jack grinned brightly, pulling his hands out of his jeans as he made his way to where I was standing. "You are not leaving me here alone all Summer."

"How on Earth do you expect to travel with me if you don't have a bag packed?"

"So we are traveling, hm?" Jack snickered, giving my shoulder a light push. "I left it at the end of my driveway. I just wanted to make sure I was actually going to need it. Carrying it this far for nothing seemed stupid."

"Jack--"

I was about to tell my best friend that he couldn't come with me. Everything would jsut be awkward if he did, because I knew he didn't approve. He'd probably make Lexi uncomfortable when I did finally get to meet her.

"-- You're going to meet her, aren't you, Alex?"

For the record, I wasn't ashamed to be with a girl who lived in another country. I wasn't embarrassed to say I loved her, yet I've never even kissed her. But what did make me feel bad was the look in Jack's eyes. I'm his best friend, I shouldn't have kept something so big from him, but fuck, I wish he could understand.

"I can't stand this," I sighed, admitting defeat. "All you guys do is give me shit for being with her, so I'm taking matters into my own hands. I don't want to wait until I'm eighteen. Being realistic, I'd probably have to meet her on a tour." This earned a Jack from smile. Even at my worst, I'd never give up on the band. "I'm going after her, 'cause that's what you do when you love someone.. Isn't it?"

Jack took a long moment to look around the empty street. Crickets were singing around us and in the distance a dog was barking. I guess this is why I didn't tell anyone I was going to meet Lexi. The silence was enough to nearly crush my plans, but with or without Jack's support, I was going to get the girl I loved.

"It's so weird to think that someone actually got you to calm down, Alex," Jack forced a smile, nodding to himself. "But if you really love this girl, count me in. I want to shake her hand just for being able to put up with your ass."

A smile consumed my face. I laughed, pulling Jack into a man hug, confident in the fact that I had his support. Better than that, he was coming with me on the long journey to meet the girl of my dreams. I forced myself to pull away from him so we could slip into the car, and as I started the engine, I eyed him with a questioning look.

"You know you could get into a lot of shit for coming with me, right?"

"Alex, I love trouble the way you love Lexi," he grinned. "Now let's go get your girl! And my bag. Don't forget my bag."

I chuckled to myself, pulling out onto the street. I was actually fucking doing this.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first official chapter. From here on out, if you want to read more, you're gonna have to comment. Love to you all!

P.S.- If you're a fan of All Time Low, hop on over to their fanfiction site. You can find me under the same username! <3.