Stuck

Chapter Two- College

Chapter Two- College

Nervous… not even close… what is WORST than nervous? I don’t know but that’s what I'm feeling right now. Thankfully, I've already signed up for classes, but I'm still so scared, I have NO fuckin’ idea where anything is. I pulled into the parking lot, looking at the huge campus.
I grabbed my Yankees bag, got out of my truck, locked it up and started walking towards the campus. My first class was Psychology, no idea where I’m going, yeah, yeah I have a map, damn thing doesn’t help at all!
“Hi!” I heard a voice behind, I turned around to see a girl standing holding a few books.
“Hey…can you help me? This map doesn’t help at all!”
“Ha sure, what class are you looking for?”
“Psychology”
“Oh cool I'm in that class! I’m Sara by the way” she extended her hand out, as I shook it, “Anna”
“Cool come on”
I followed Sara to class she was pretty cool… her brown hair with blue tips, green/blue eyes, nose ring on the right side, and cartilage piercings on both side of her ears. She seemed sweet but had a pretty hardcore edge.
“Here’s the class” Sara opened the door, “You first”
“Thanks” I walked into the classroom, oh man, it was different a LOT different from Diné College.
“Dude calm down, it’s okay”
“Sara, I'm not from here,” I said but then Sara cut me off, “I could tell, you’re clothes tell everything.”
OUCH! That hurt. I smiled small back and walked into the classroom. This is going to boring and hard class now. Being insulted like that my FIRST day of being here. Oh, fuck my life!
I sat down in the very back; Sara looked at me and laughed.
“We are not sitting here” She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the very FRONT of the classroom. Pushed me on to the chair, “sit. This is where we sit at for now on”
…Okay! Really, FUCK MY LIFE! I have NEVER EVER IN MY LIFE SAT IN THE FRONT OF THE CLASS!!!!
“Do we really have to sit here, because I can’t...”
“Why not?”
“I just can’t”
“Well technically we have to now ‘cause class has started and these sits are now ours”
AHH! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK MY LIFE! Anna breathe, you’ll be fine. You can do this, you’re tough remember. I could hear Zack’s voice telling me that. I knew I was going to be okay then.
“Good morning, I am Professor Kensington” he said as he starting writing on the board. Then he handed out the syllabus. He explained all that we were going to be doing in class. “If! Anyone wants to get out now, GET OUT NOW!”
Random fact number 1- I hate teachers who yell… My life is over.
I heard the door open and close a few times. Oh, how I wanted to be one of those who were leaving. “Alright for those who think they can handle this class. Welcome! This is Psychology 101”
Two hours later, after all the yelling, the book banging, wall hitting… the class was over, FINALLY! Sara and I walked out of the classroom.
“See that wasn’t so bad”
“Ha, easy for you to say” I walked away from her.
“Hey, hey. Look don’t get me wrong. I just take school VERY seriously. You seem really cool, I think we could be good friends. Look, I don’t have any classes tomorrow until the evening. Why don’t we get you new clothes and just hang out?”
Should I really trust this girl after all she just put me through? Well I’ll never know unless I try right? New city, new school, new people. Only means new changes, and challenges, might as well start now.
“Sure um I have class tomorrow in the morning, then Ill text you?”
“Sure! Lemme see your phone.”
I took my phone out of my back pocket and handed it to her.
“Oh who is this with you?”
“Oh that’s me and my brother Zack, he’s a Marine,” I said smiling.
“Oh cute” Sara smiled and added her number in my phone, “Okay now text me”
“Right now?”
“YESSSS”
“Jeesh, okay”
‘Hi, ^-^ ♥Sgt. Nez’
“Who’s this s.g.t. nez?”
“That’s my brother.”
“How do you say it?”
“Nez?”
“Oh okay. Well I’ll you see later”
“WAIT! Where is room 379 and 195?”
Sara sighed, “Come on”
Sara showed me where the classrooms were and then left. Well maybe being here WON’T be so bad. However, I've kind of learned never to speak too soon. Well being here from a small town on the Rez, I was nowhere these high-class girls.
Then these two girls, about 5’7 walked passed me holding hands, looked up and down and pretended to throw up. “EW”
Then another girl came over, dressed all in black, “Ahh I see you got the look, gags and words from Elizabeth and Danielle. Ohh I’m Shye-Ann by the way. I wouldn’t worry about them”
“I don’t blame them, I look like shit… I'm Anna” I shook Shye-Ann’s hand.
“Nah they’re just snobs, ha”
“There’s a lot of those here right?”
“Yeah, let me guess you’re not from here”
“I’m from Arizona, being here is so different than where I’m from. WAY different” I looked around seeing all these girls with barely any clothing! Maybe it was just the fashion? I don’t know but I happened to love being FULLY clothed! Thank you very much!
“Well it was nice meeting you Shye, I gotta go, home ha” I smiled and walked off.
This college is going to be hell, but hey, I got two friends so far, and it looks like enemies already. Greeeeat just what I need oh well, they can’t get this Navajo don’t. OH HELL NO!
I walked outside, oh. Shit. WHERE DID I PARK?! OH, shiiit oh shiit oh shit oh shit oh shit!!!! Uhh… uh… PANIC BUTTON!!! WHERE’S MY TRUCK!!... Wait… there it is…HAAA! Oops. I walked to my truck, hopped in, and turned on the radio. Ahh the loving sound of powwow music. You can take the girl out of the Rez, but you can’t the Rez out of the girl! I drove home and the minute I opened the door, ugh all I wanted to was…. Well ha I fell on the couch and just laid there. Until Zack came over,
“Get up”
“Noo, horrible start to my day, go away”
I knew what was coming, “Get up or else”
Ha yup, or else he will tickle, until I cry, it’s happened before.
I rolled off the couch and hit the floor, “Um. Ouch”
Zack laughed and then tickled me.
“Stoooop, come hahaha on”
Zack stopped, “So how has your day been?”
“Well I got pulled to the FRONT of the classroom with a classmate. Then I got looked up and down by two bitches, and met a student. Ha yup. I have friends and enemies already.”
“Well it doesn’t sound any different from when you started high school at Chinle. So what's the big deal?”
“This. Is. COLLEGE! People are so much—“
“Shush”
“I… you… just shush-ed me!”
“Yeah so SHUSH!”
-.- damn it.
“C’mon, let’s go”
“Wha? Go where?”
“Just.” Zack sighed, then picked up me as I quickly grabbed my Yankees purse and Zack put me over his shoulder, locked the door. Opened the passenger door in my truck put in and got into the driver’s seat himself.
“Gosh, you could have just said we’re going somewhere”
“I said ‘let’s go’”
“But that don’t mean shit, damn” Yeah, yeah, I have a sailor mouth, get over it.
“We’re going to find me a new car, that’s unless you wanna give me this baby”
“HELL NO! I BOUGHT IT MYSELF”
“Just asking” Zack smiled, as he drove to the Ford Dealer.
“Ford? Seriously?”
“Hey, I want a cool car”
“Psh”
We got out, and Zack went straight to the Mustangs.
“I’m getting this one”
“Oh wow! I WANT THIS CAR!!!!”
“No, I don’t think so, you get the truck. This baby is ALL mine!”
Of course, oh well. And OF COURSE Zack, pays CASH! Lucky ass Marine.
We stayed at the Ford dealer for 5 hours, I was dying of boredom. I ended up sitting my truck flipping through radio stations, I stopped then a song came on,
“We pull up, open the door
All the girls, scream there they are
It’s packed from wall to wall
And, everybody is calling
Here they come, it’s almost time
Feel the rush, now hit the lights
We gonna get it all started”
It had a good beat, maybe L.A. music wasn’t so bad ha. Before the song ended, Zack came over, “You ready to go home?”
“Yeah.”
“Hey… let’s race ya!”
“YOU'RE ON!” I started up my car, and Zack ran back to his car. Ohh the way it sounds! Makes me melt! Ha. I wasn’t really going to race, there was no way I was going to make it home first, besides I didn’t know where I was going ha.
I pretty much just followed Zack home, and yeah HE got to park in the garage. Jerk. Oh well once a Rez truck, always a Rez truck, it was no problem.
So I didn’t win the race with the car but I WILL win the race to go gets inside first. I got out of my truck as fast as I could and run to the front door, struggling to get my key into the keyhole “AHH!” I saw Zack running over. I finally got it and opened the door.
“BOOYA! IN YOUR FACE! FIRST ONE IN THE HOUSE!!” I started dancing around Zack.
“Oh yeah? Well… I can still tickle you ‘til you cry”
I screamed, the ran outside and fell straight into the pool. “AHH!”
Zack ran out and helped me out. “You need to be careful”
“I didn’t know there was a pool. You need to teach me to swim. Cause what happens when you’re not here and I fall in huh?”
“You’ll be fine, you can swim.”
“Yeah but not that good”
“You can swim end of story. You know the basics and that’s all you need. Alright”
“Alright… CAN WE SWIM?!”
“Ha okay.” Zack pushed me back in.
“HEY! JERK!”
We ended up playing the pool until about midnight. Oh, talk about fun with your big brother. Nothing better than that!