Stuck

Chapter Three- Shopping for a new life.

After our hours of fun in the pool, “Hey you wanna sleep outside?”
“Really, you would sleep outside?” I asked Zack.
“Sure, it can’t be that bad.”
“Alright” I went inside and got some blankets, and sleeping bags then came back out. Laid the two sleeping bags side by side, and threw a few blankets on them. Zack lay down on one of the sleeping bag. I lay right next to him.
“Damn where are all the stars?”
“Welcome to Los Angeles. A city without the sky of stars”
“Ha. Do you miss the Rez at all?”
“Yeah little bit, do you?”
“Yeah, I do. I mean there, there are no major judging people, actual stars in the sky to see at night and not smog. I can wear what clothes I want a not be looked at up and down and be judge by what I wear. Being on the Rez was a little more carefree. But I think all the change it good—“I looked up at Zack and he was asleep. I smiled, cuddled up closer to him and fell asleep myself.
When morning came, I was in… my bed? What? How I did I get here, I don’t remember going here… I sat up looked around, check my phone, looked at time 3:59 and saw a message from my best friend Broc, and one from Sara.
‘Hey! How’s L.A. treating you?’ said the message from Broc.
‘Ha. L.A.’s a bitch but hopefully today will be better. I'm going out shopping ha. And GOOD MORNING! ♥Sgt. Nez’ I replied. Broc
‘HEY LOSER! What class do you have in the morning?’ message from Sara.
Ugh, Sara. I like the girl she’s cool but she’s kind of a bitch, oh well.
‘Um, I have Weight Training… at 7am. ♥Sgt. Nez’
I fell back on my pillow closed my eyes and sighed. I hate to say it but I want to find love, I mean if I'm going to practically restart my life, I want to have everything in it.
‘Oh okay, well after that just text me then we can go shopping. Because first day of weight training, you’re not going to do anything expect be told what all the rules are and safety stuff. No need to wear gym clothes unless you want to’
Damn, long message.
‘Okay, thanks. Why don’t you just stop by the gym at 8 then we can just go from there? ♥Sgt. Nez’
‘Sure see you in a few hours then :p’
‘Okie dokie ♥Sgt. Nez’
I set my phone down on my pillow and fell asleep, until I heard reveille. Seriously, I really wasn’t feeling too good at all. I swear sometimes, it’s like Zack could read my mind, cause I really wasn’t feeling all too good right, and a few minutes later Zack came into my room, laid behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.
“What's wrong?”
“Nothing, I just feel so tired, kind of thinking that I should get a job too. I want to have something that will keep me busy. Part from school. Just want something easy and part time.”
Zack was resting his head on my shoulder, “Well when you were at school the yesterday, I met the neighbor, Mrs. Henderson, and she needed someone part time to be their pool person. I told her that you might maybe be interested”
“What would I have to do?”
“Just would have to clean it really, that’s it. It’s simple enough, and she said that she’ll pay 20 bucks everyday you do it.”
“Damn! I’ll go over there later on today then. Totally want that job!”
Zack chuckled, “So you feeling better now?”
“Yeah kind of… hey when do you start work?”
“Today, actually I have to get ready and drive to Camp Pendleton”
“Wait, why did we move here when we could have moved there? It’s so much nicer there”
“Because the college isn’t as far, I wanted you to be closer so you wouldn’t have to drive all the miles after a long day. Plus I didn’t want you to be staying in some dorm. I rather have you living in a house, even if you were alone. I would know that you’re safe. And that’s what matters to me. You’re education and safety.”
Aww, I love my brother, my Marine. I turned around to face Zack, “I love my Marine” I hugged Zack, and tried not to cry. I was going to miss him a lot. “So protective and caring. Always there for me no matter what”
“Hey that’s just my job baby sis, I’ll always be here for you. I’m always with you” He picked up the two dog tags that were chained to my neck.
“Right here, see you and I are always together” He held the two dog tags.
Yup, I had a copy of his dog tags and one of my own. Yeah, I know we don’t really always act like we’re brother and sister but that’s just because our bond is so much greater than other families. Which is something that I loved a lot, Zack is my Marine, the person I can run to when people talk shit to me. My brother, the person that I can cry to when I've had a horrible day. My best friend, the person who understands me, and doesn’t think I'm stupid because I cry over my hair being a total mess. Being Zack’s little sister is just the best thing in the world sometimes.
“Now I have to go get ready for work, you going to be okay without me today?”
“Yeah I think so, I’m going shopping with Sara today then going over to talk to Mrs. Henderson about the job”
“Alright well, shopping here is going to be expensive so seriously just buy what you want okay? I’ll leave some money for you before I go”
“Alright thanks”
Zack poked my ribs then went off to take a shower and get ready for work. I got up went downstairs to get some cereal. Got the Cinnamon Toast Crunch box, poured some into a bowl, got the milk poured that in. Made some breakfast for Zack, left it on the counter, then went into the living room, sat on the couch and turned on the TV. Zack came down in his BDU uniform.
“Breakfast is on the counter”
“Alright thanks. Here’s some money and a credit card just in case the money doesn’t cover it. Just don’t go too crazy”
“Ha, don’t worry. I know my limits… Don’t really planning on buying that much”
“That’s what you always say” Zack looked at me.
“Okay that is true, but this time I swear”
Zack smiled, kissed my forehead then left. I sat there on the couch for a while, it was already 6:28. Ugh, I had to get ready, I put away my bowl, turn the TV off, took a shower. Got out my somewhat best looking clothes, put them on and left for class.
Got to the gym finally found the right room, “Welcome I’m Bill Locke, your instructor. Handouts are by the table there… please everyone in the room I don’t like having people behind me”
I walked into the classroom, hot damn hot college guys… wait I’m the only girl here. Fuck. -.- Do any girls in L.A. workout!? Shit… then finally two girls walked in. OH THANK GOD! I saw Shye-Ann and another girl whom was blonde.
“Alright, I need everyone to just sign in. There’s a sign in going around,” said Mr. Locke.
“Heyy” Shye stood next to me.
“Hi.”
“SHH!”
“What we doing with this paper?” asked the blonde.
“Write your name, it’s the sign in sheet,” I whispered to her.
“Thanks” She wrote her name on it, and then handed it to me. ‘Jamie Barret’
I saw her name, and smiled, then wrote my name, ‘Annalisa Yazzie’
Yeah, I know Zack’s last name is Nez and mine isn’t, well here’s the thing Zack is my cousin, but still my brother. So that’s why our last names are different. It’s a long story that I don’t really feel like explaining right now.
After I wrote my name, I handed it to Shye and so on. After Bill got the got done talking, and showing us how all the machines worked, class was pretty much over. I got out my phone, and started to text Sara when Shye and Jamie came over.
“Hey so it looks like we’re going have class together. I’m Jamie by the way” She had a pretty thick southern accent.
“I’m Anna, I like your accent, where you from?”
“Thanks, I’m from Georgia.”
“Oh cool, I’m from Arizona.”
“Cool.”
“So what are we doing now?” asked Shye.
“Well, I’m going to be going shopping with my friend Sara once she gets here.”
“I gotta go to my dad’s ranch and take for my horses.” Said Jamie, with a smile.
“Oh so, you can’t hang out?”
“No, I’m sorry”
“ANNA! C’MON!” Sara yelled from the other side of the hallway.
“I gotta go sorry. Nice meeting you Jamie” I ran off to Sara.
“Well fuck then, I guess I’ll just go skating. Bye Jamie”
“Later.” Jamie and Shye left.
“Oh my God! Why are you wearing a jacket?!” Sara looked at the way I was dressed, she sounded disgusted.
“Cause I wanted to and I’m comfortable this way?”
“Well, it’s hot outside and its summer so you are going to wear these that I’ve so kindly brought for you” Sara handed me a plastic bag. “Now go change”
I went to the locker room with Sara, and changed. Denim short shorts, black tank, and converse… What the hell… I've never worn shorts this….short in my life.
“Better, now let’s go. You drive your truck home and I’ll follow then we will go shopping.”
“Okay” Oh so self-conscious about my body right now. I walked out of the locker room, and suddenly it’s as if EVERY guy noticed me. Dramatic change ha. When Sara and I got to the parking lot, I heard a lot of ‘wolf whistles.’
“Damn Anna, Ms. Hot Stuff”
“Ha, I don’t think so.”
I got to my truck, Sara waited for me to start it up. That’s when my music came on.
“What is that?”
“Powwow music.”
“Here, listen to L.A. music. This is a new boy band, called Big Time Rush.” Sara handed me a CD. “Put it in right now”
“Okay, okay” I took out my CD and put in the BTR CD.
“There, now I’ll follow you home”
“Alright” I closed my door, right when the music started playing. They had a good beat to their music I liked it. I rolled down my window and started to drive home. Sara was behind me the whole time. I parked into the driveway, while Sara parked her 2001 blue Chevy Cobalt on the side of the road. (http://www.cacheriverchevrolet-rv.com/Front%20Images/2011-cruze-10-6-10-blue-600.jpg)
“Holy crap, this is your house!” Sara’s mouth dropped.
“Ha yeah and pretty much all mine. Zack is gone for a while because he has work at Camp Pendleton so I’m here alone for I don’t know how long.”
“Aww, that sucks I’m sorry. Well if you ever need company, I'm here” Sara smiled sincerely.
“Thanks, hey quick question, how long do you think we will take? Shopping cause I gotta talk to my neighbor about a job”
“Um probably like three hours at the most”
“Hmm…” I looked at the clock, ’10:37’. “I guess I can do it when we get back”
“Yep, now c’mon let’s go already!”
“Okay, okay lets go”
We got into her car, “So how did you like the CD?”
“Their songs are pretty good, and they’re kind of cute”
“Ha yeah their songs are cool and dibs on James.”
“Uh which one is that?”
“This one” Sara pointed him out.
“Oh okay”
Sara turned on her radio and it was Big Time Rush’s “Count On You ft. Jordin Sparks”. Sara started to sing along, MAN, her voice was amazing! I felt so out of place, sitting in the car with Sara. I stared out the window thinking until we stopped at the mall.
“Let’s go now... you have money right?”
“Huh… oh yeah okay, um yeah I uh I do”
“You okay?”
“Yeah, I just I don’t know…”
“what's wrong?”
“I've never really gone shopping for myself; this is all really weird for me. I mean Zack gave me 2,000 dollars and a credit card.”
“Well he cares about you, and we wants to you spend some money on yourself for once. He knows that you need clothes and such so don’t feel bad about buying anything. I’ll help you find clothes and shoes and whatever else you need, 'kay? I promise”
“Thanks Sara. Let’s go, shopping”
We went into the mall and the first place we go is Victoria’s Secrets. Oh great, the one place I’ve never went into. Man I need to stop complaining! After an hour of shopping there and 1,394.37 dollars later, we both got clothes.
“Man that was a lot!”
“Yeah but you will look amazing! You gotta admit that!”
“Ha so true! So where to now?”
“Well I need to buy you a Big Time Rush CD”
“Ha okay”
We went to Barnes and Noble, I got of course, Big Time Rush CD like Sara said I HAD to get ha. And Avril Lavinge’s new CD ‘Goodbye Lullaby’.
“So anywhere else?”
“Hot Topic!”
AH! Finally, a place I always go to. I got hair dye, a new belt, boots, and a few band tees. Sara got necklaces, tapers and converse. Then we went to American Eagle. Few more pairs of short shorts and tanks for both of us, and I got a hoodie and jacket. Finally, after all the shopping, we went to Olive Garden. Ended up talking about everything, Sara was a really nice person ONCE you get to know her. It was nice to talk to someone about everything, I felt like I really could trust her. Sara was becoming more of a little sister to me, I loved it.
After we ate we went back to my house, I changed into some new clothes then went to the neighbors. I was nervous but I had to get use to talking to other people ha. I knocked on the door, when a woman opened the door.
“Hi, Mrs. Henderson?”
“Yes?”
“Um you talked to my brother the other day about the pool job or something like that? I’m Anna, and … um… yeah” And um yeah?! Omg -.- retard!
“Oh yeah, come on in” She opened the wider, for me to walk in. Damn, damn, damn! “When will you be able to start?” She asked as we started to walk to the back of the house, towards the pool.
“Whenever you need to me, I don’t have that many classes right now, I will print out my class schedule, if you need it.”
“Oh no need to, I’ll just need you to come over whenever you can to come and clean out the pool. My son and his friends always have little parties and make it all dirty and with the leaves and bugs. That’s all I would need you to do.” We walked outside and damn it was so gorgeous, seriously, this house is breath-taking.
“Oh okay, well do you need it cleaned right now? I just need to change and I can clean it”
“Sure, my son Logan will be home soon, then tomorrow you’ll probably need to clean it again. Boys will be boys.”
“Yes ma’am. Well I’ll be right back then.” I smiled.
“Okay, OH! Here is a key to the house and back gate. Just in case no one is home that way you can get in and out without a hassle”
“Thanks.”
“No thank you” Mrs. Henderson smiled, and led to me to the front door.
“I’ll be back in 5 minutes.”
“Okay dear”
I ran back across the street, into my house and just ah! I just wanted to scream. From excitement at least ha. Sara was on the couch watching TV on our huge 70’ inch TV, I went upstairs, changed into my black bikini, put on my Pink Love hoodie and pants, grabbed the iTouch, which Sara put Big Time Rush’s album on it. I left on my pants and hoodie on until I was ready to go into the pool, I started with just cleaning off the top, while cleaning I was listening to Big Time Rush. The pool wasn’t that dirty so I didn’t really need to get in and clean inside, which I didn’t really feel like cleaning it ‘cause I just spend hours at the mall shopping. Ew, I sound like girly girl ha.
Mrs. Henderson came out, “You don’t have to get inside the pool, the boys will be over soon. Just as long as the leaves and bugs are out of there. Here’s a 20”
“Thanks, Mrs. Henderson. I’ll be back tomorrow. And if there’s anything you need I can do my best to help you” I smiled, then left, as I was walking across the street. A sports car pulled into the driveway, I saw four guys jump out and run into the house. Hmm hot guys!