Stuck

Chapter Six- Big Time Love Struck

“She’s underwater? Why isn’t she coming up?” James looked worried now. He looked out on the water.
She was barely visible. Her arms were moving back and forth like she was trying to stay underwater. No one else seemed to notice except me.
“I’m going to get her.” James stepped to the edge of the pool and dived in. Once he hit the water, Sara came up. Grinning. Devilishly.
“What the heck, Sara! You freaked us out! What the fuck were you doing?” I crossed my arms and glared at her. She looked back at me, smirking.
“Trying to freak you guys out. It worked since James jumped in to get me.” Sara looked back at the water, and at that moment, James came back up, looking annoying.
“Wow, just...” James breathed in hard like he was goanna go off on Sara. She looked at him expectantly. Then he smiled. “Wish I could have pulled that off! As long as you’re okay. But you freaked everyone out! Made me worried.” He crossed his arms. Sara moved over closer to him, and whispered to him. I was close enough to hear her. Kendall, Carlos and Logan were too far. They weren’t paying attention anyway.
“That was the point, James.” Sara smiled then dunked underwater. She swam to the edge and jumped out swiftly. James watched her. Once she was out, James swam to the edge and jumped out. I turned away once they got into talking. I walked over to Logan, Carlos, and Kendall.
“I don’t like it.” Logan had his arms crossed.
“But I love her attitude. She loves doing pranks and stuff. She’s just another jokester. Give her a chance. She has other sides to her, I bet.” Kendall said.
“Are you talking about Sara?” I asked, curiously.
“Yeah... She seems to be a big jokester. Too much. But is she serious?” Logan looked skeptically at me. I frowned.
“Yeah, she is serious. You should see her at school. She stays in the front; she doesn’t text, nor is her phone on. She rarely talks during class. She takes notes a lot, highlights. She always has books with her at school. I bet her car is full of them. I bet her room is, too. She’s not only serious about that. She loves children and takes taking care of them seriously. She works at an animal shelter with animals, she takes it seriously. She can be very serious, serious, or a jokester when she wants to. Now, why be serious? You saw earlier. For truth or dare, she said nothing dirty. Kendall asked what the fun in that was and she gave in.” I glared at all three of them, with my arms crossed. I was kind of surprised how much I knew about her already and how much I noticed in class. Logan looked a bit flabbergasted.
“Fine. Okay. I believe you. The way you’re looking at us proves that your right.” Logan sighed.
“Thank you. Anything else?” I raised an eyebrow.
“Nope. Nothing.” Carlos quickly said.
“Nothing.” Logan and Kendall both said at the same time.
“Kay.” I relaxed my posture and my gaze.
“What’d we miss?” Sara looked seriously curious. I giggled.
“Nothing.”
“Yeah right.” She looked suspicious. “Well, I’m tired. Can I go to sleep now? Oh! What room can I sleep in?” Now she looked back to her usual self. Excited.
“Take your pick of any of the empty rooms. Not the two that look lived in. Knowing you, you might try to take one of them.” I told her. Sara stuck her tongue out at me.
“Fine.” She winked and walked off towards the house. James looked at her then followed her. He seemed to be her little puppy for the moment. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Kendall, Carlos and... Logan... I smiled to myself. Love that name!
“Well, I guess I should get home. It’s almost am. I bet you three are tired, cause I am. I’ll see you all around.” I waved and turned to walk away. I heard someone walk up behind me. I turned my head slightly and saw Logan out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head and smiled slightly so he wouldn’t see. I walked until I reached the sidewalk, then I turned to him, my eyebrows raised. He looked like he was caught.
“Yes?” I asked, eyebrows still raised.
“Well, I just wanted to say goodnight... Privately. Hope you don’t mind.” Logan looked around. “This is the longest I’ve been able to stay out here in front for a long time. Usually, paparazzi drive by, looking for any celebrity. I think they’re trying to find out where I live. I’m the only celeb that lives round here.” He shrugged then smirked.
“Wow. That sucks.”
“Yeah.. Well, I guess it’s time to say goodnight.” He came over to me and hugged me tightly but carefully.
“`Night, Logan. I had a great time, I wish we could do it again.” I whispered just loud enough for him to hear, hugging him back.
He pulled away then kissed me... Well, my cheek. I blushed. Thank goodness, it was dark, so he couldn’t see my face. Even if he did, he didn’t say anything about it. “I had a fantastic time. Maybe we could hang out? Someplace the damn paparazzi won’t find us. I know just the place. If they see you with me, they’re ama start saying your my girlfriend. Not that I’d mind.” Logan smirked. I giggled.
“Sure, I’d love to.” I pulled away from our embrace and smiled at him. He returned the smile. “Goodnight.” I slowly walked across the street. I didn’t want to leave. But I knew I had to go to sleep.
Once I reached my front door, I caught Sara and James talking on the front steps. Sara had a leg over James’ leg, which was low to the ground. They stopped talking when I reached them and smiled innocently. I looked at them suspiciously.
“We thought you’d never leave Logan’s side.” James smirked.
“Yeah, what happened?” Sara asked, leaning forward.
“Nothing. We were talking and all. It’s late and I’m exhausted so I said goodnight. Which you should do right now, Sara. It’s time to go inside. James, you gotta go. You can come tomorrow and hang out or something all day.” I walked by them and opened the door. I flicked on the porch light and the living room light. Why they were off, I had no idea.
Sara and James were hugging goodnight. I walked away to the kitchen to give them some privacy. I heard them laughing. Two minutes later, Sara walked in, looking giddy.
“Okay, spill. Why are you looking giddy?” I looked at her, even more suspicious than before.
“No reason. Just loved our convo and all that. We had a wonderful time.” She hugged herself. “By the way, I love the room I picked out! Want to see which one?”
“Sure. I’m going up to bed anyway, so might as well.” I flicked off the living room light and the kitchen light, then turned on the hallway lights. We went upstairs and Sara led the way down the hall to the end.
She stopped in front of a door. She paused for dramatic effect, apparently, then swung open the door. My mouth dropped open. I didn’t even know this room was here! I guess I didn’t look at all the rooms that I thought I did. It had huge windows with a lookout to the backyard. Beyond that, in the distance, you could see the lights of L.A. But it was still the second best compared to my room. (http://marquetteturner.com/files/2009/08/catalfumo-master-bed.jpg)
“Tada! This is my room now. Whenever I spend the night here or something, it’s mine.” Sara smiled. “You said I could pick any room in the house as long as they weren’t the two rooms which looked occupied. I didn’t. James found the room and I loved it.. So yeah.”
“Dude, this looks like a freak inn’ master bedroom.”
“I don’t know if it is or not. I don’t care if it is or not, anyway.” She shrugged. “It has its own bathroom, too.”
“It’s all yours. Deal’s a deal.” I smiled.
“Yepp.” Sara yawned. “Well, I’m goanna retire. I’ll see you in the morning. Night, missy.”
“Night, sissy.” I waved tiredly, then walked away to my room. I heard the door shut lightly behind me.
I walked into my room, fell onto my bed, and fell asleep within seconds. I dreamt of Logan that night. And I loved every second of it. I smiled in my sleep, I think. It felt like it.
I woke up the next morning disoriented. Why was I on my bed in my bathing suit? Why was I wearing my shoes? Why...? What happened? I tried to think back to last night. I remember seeing Sara’s room? Did she sleep over? Is she still here? After I walked away from her room, once I reached my room, everything became blurry. I barely saw my bed. I just seemed to stagger forward and fall onto my bed to my sleep. It was like I fell asleep mid-fall. Strange. I must’ve been more exhausted than I thought. Or I was drugged. Is that possible? Did I drink anything at Logan’s house? Or when I got home... did I drink drugged water? But why would the water be drugged? Okay, I’m just being ridiculous. It’s not like I have a hangover or something. Do I? Ah! I can’t think straight. I think I’m just Yapp go back to sleep. I looked at my clock on my dresser first. 6:15 am. No wonder I was so... ugh! I kicked my shoes off, turned over and fell asleep within two seconds. It felt like I was only asleep for a few minutes, before I heard reveille coming from my phone, I didn’t open my eyes, I felt around for my phone, and took out the battery and threw it off the bed. And went back to sleep, SO glad that classes didn’t start until noon… I opened my eyes my clock read 11:30.