Trust the Instinct

018:

Two weeks have passed since I was proven innocent of killing my Grandmother, I told Derek and Scott what I remember and they told me about this Alpha that is roaming around Beacon Hills. I was living in my Grandmother’s house with Pepper. Allison and Lydia stay over a lot and Scott’s mom checks in on me every chance she gets. I’m still working at the vet, and managing to find time to train with Derek.

I was in the middle of a dead sleep when I was woken up by something. I didn’t think anything of it, so I laid my head back down and shut my eyes, wanting to go back to sleep. As I was just getting comfy, I heard a loud howl and shot up in my bed, nearly knocking Pepper off the bed. I walked out of bed and looked out the window, ‘…What the hell was that?...’

I heard the howl again and then growled and walked towards my closet, throwing some jeans on and just a plain t-shirt. I ran down my stairs, grabbed my keys and was out the door, hopping on my bike and then headed towards town, not really knowing where I was going, ‘…I’m crazy…’

I parked my bike around a corner and sniffed the air, ‘…Derek?...’

I hopped off of my bike and snuck through the alleyways. I saw a figure up ahead and whispered Derek’s name. The figure snapped around growled at me, “What are you doing here?!”

‘…It is him…’ I thought as I walked over and sighed, “I heard a howl.”

Derek and I heard a growl and snapped our heads to the side and saw red eyes looking at us. Derek yelled for me to stay there and chased after the creature that I knew to be the Alpha. When I heard gunshots, I turned my butt around and headed back home, not wanting to know what happened, only hoping that Derek was all right.

I head home, went back to bed and got up grouchy the next morning because I needed to get to school. I showered, got dressed and did what I needed to do with Pepper and then headed to school. It was weird coming downstairs and not seeing my Grandmother sitting at the table reading the newspaper and drinking her coffee, smelling the scent of waffles or pancakes in the morning, my eyes started to water up every time. When I walked outside I saw Stiles pulling up, he was going to be my ride today because it looked like it was going to rain and I was too scared to even touch my Grandmother’s car, it was still too soon.

We got to school and then split up, Stiles told me he would see me later and I went off to homeroom.

I was walking the halls, getting ready to meet up with Allison and Lydia to say goodbye since the torturous day was finally over. I wasn’t able to find them in their normal spot, and Stiles had come up to me and practically started to drag me towards the jeep, saying that we were heading out to the woods to find Derek and to do another round of training.

We got to his jeep, I messed around with his radio before he pulled out of his parking spot and headed out of the parking lot. I was looking down at my phone, seeing that I had a text from Scott saying that he would meet up with me later to do some more training when I felt Stiles slam on the breaks.

“What the hell, Stiles?!” I barked and looked forward to see Derek standing there, and he didn’t look too hot.

“Oh, my god,” Stiles said and we looked at each other and then back forward to see that Derek was falling to the ground, “You gotta be kidding me, this guy’s everywhere.”

“He’s hurt!” I said and then hopped out of the jeep and ran to Derek’s side, “Derek!”

Cars were honking and I looked up to see Scott running over towards us, “What the hell? What are you doing here?!”

“I was shot,” he said and then leaned back against me.

“He’s not looking so good, dude,” Stiles said as he got out of his jeep and looked down at us.

“Why aren’t you healing?” Scott asked.

“I can’t,” Derek said and I looked at him worriedly, “It was a different kind of bullet.”

“A silver bullet?” Stiles asked and we all looked at him.

“No, you idiot,” Derek growled.

“Wait, wait. That’s what she meant when she said you had 48 hours,” Scott said and my eyes widened.

“What?!” Derek and I snapped.

“Who said 48 hours?” Derek asked weakly.

“The one who shot you,” Scott said and I growled.

“You were there! And you didn’t help him!” I hissed and then felt Derek flinch and then looked to see that his eyes were bright blue.

“What are you doing?” Scott asked because Derek was shifting, “Stop that!”

“That’s what I’m trying to tell you. I can’t!” Derek growled and I looked at Scott.

“We have to help him!” I said and Scott sighed and looked around.

“Derek, get up,” Scott growled as he leaned forward and started to help Derek up, “Stiles, help me put him in your car.”

I stood up, opened the door and watched as Stiles and Scott placed Derek in the passenger seat. I climbed into the driver’s seat and then hopped into the back. Scott was leaning against the jeep listening to Derek tell him that he needed to find out what bullet was used.

“How the hell am I supposed to do that?”

“She’s an Argent! She’s with them!” Derek said and I looked at him confused.

“Like Allison Argent?” I asked but was ignored.

“Why should I help you?” Scott asked and I sighed.

“Because you need me,” Derek said and I growled and leaned forward peaking my head towards Scott.

“And I’ll be royally pissed off if you don’t,” I hissed and Scott growled but nodded his head.

“Fine, I’ll try,” Scott said and Stiles hopped into the jeep, “Hey, get him out of here.”

“I hate you for this so much,” Stiles said and I rolled my eyes.

“Um, can someone explain to me why you said that the lady was an Argent?” I asked as Stiles was heading onto some road.

“The Argent family is all hunters,” Stiles said and I shook my head not understanding what was so bad about that, “They hunt werewolves.”

“Oooooh, yeah see that’s bad, I like how no one mentioned that my best friend and Scott’s girlfriend’s family hunts what we are,” I said and Stiles sighed.

“Oops,” he said and I growled, “Hey, come on. Try not to bleed out on my seats, ok?!” Stiles said wile glaring at Derek, “We’re almost there.”

“Almost where?”

Stiles sighed and I leaned back in my seat and looked out the window, “Your house.”

“What?!” Derek yelled and I looked at him, “No, you can’t take me there.”

“I can’t take you to your own house?” Stiles asked and I looked at Derek confused.

“Not when I can’t protect myself!”

“You’ll have Lexi there!” Stiles said.

“She’s never had to face hunters! She won’t know what to do!”

“Why has no one shown me what to do?” I asked annoyed, “Let alone tell me that there were hunters.”

Stiles groaned and then pulled over and parked the jeep, turning in his seat and looking at Derek, “What happens if Scott doesn’t find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?”

“What?” I asked and looked at Derek, “Are you?”

“Not yet,” he said and looked at me, “I have a last resort.”

“What do you mean? What last resort?!” Stiles said and I sighed and rubbed my forehead. Derek pulled up his sleeve to reveal his wound and I thought I was going to be sick by the sight and smell of if, “Oh, my god! What is that? Oh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out.”

“Start the car. Now,” Derek said and I took a deep breath, since I was holding it to avoid the smell.

“I don’t think you should be barking orders with the way you look,” Stiles said and I growled out of frustration, “In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead-“

“Stiles!” I yelled and glared at him.

“Start the car, or I’m gunna rip your throat our with my teeth-“

“Derek! Come on, stop this!” I snapped.