‹ Prequel: Castle Walls
Sequel: Love So Sweet

Tumble and Fall

8

Jordan and Taylor arrived a half hour later, just as Danni finished cooking and they all piled plates full of food. Danni led the charge into the living room, sitting on the floor and putting her plate on the coffee table. Ryan followed her over and folded his body down beside her. Justin grinned and sat on her other side, leaving Taylor and Jordan to squeeze in around them.

“You need a dining room table,” Danni pointed out. “A big one, that sits like eight.”

We need a dining room table,” Justin corrected with a wink. “I’ll leave you my credit card. Go buy one while we’re gone and have it delivered.”

After dinner, Justin pulled Jordan and Taylor into the kitchen with him to clean the dishes, leaving Danni and Ryan alone on the couch. “You’re sure about this?” Ryan asked her quietly.

“About moving?” Ryan nodded.

“It’s okay to have second thoughts. It is a big step and we have only known each other for three days.”

“Do you think it’s a mistake?”

“No but I’m selfish. I want you here, with me. Because even though it’s been three days, I can’t imagine you not being here. I really like having you around and so do the guys. If you’re not sure, think about it. Stay with me until Justin gets back and then decide.”

“I’m sure, Ry. This is where I’m supposed to be. I know it in my heart. I’m staying.” She ran a hand up his chest and around his neck, turning into him and kissing him softly. “I think I’m supposed to be with you, that I was supposed to find you, that you were supposed to find me.”

“That we were supposed to dine and dash?” he teased.

She smacked him lightly across the chest. “Shut up,” she giggled. “We're supposed to be having a moment right now.”

“I’m sorry. Please continue.”

“Moments over now.”

“We’ll make a new one later, I promise.” He stood, pulling her up with him. “We’ll be back,” Ryan said to the other three as they passed.

“Where are you going?” Justin called out. “It’s nine thirty at night.”

“Date,” Ryan replied as he grabbed their things.

“Where are you taking me this time?” Danni asked as he pulled out of the parking garage.

“Bowling.”

“We’re going bowling?”

Ryan frowned. “You don’t like that?”

“I love bowling!” Danni enthused. “I might be as competitive at bowling as I am at mini golf except I’m terrible at bowling.”

“There’s a place that does late night bowling nearby, you know with the music and the black lights and all that. I thought it’d be fun; I’ve bowled but never like that.”

“Very nice bucket list item, Ry.”

“Thank you. Somehow I thought you’d really be into it.”

The bowling alley wasn’t far and luckily they had gotten there early enough that there were available lanes. Ryan paid and they took their rental shoes over to the lane they had been assigned to as loud thumping bass beats poured from the speakers. Black lights, strobe lights, and an array of neon colors blazed from everywhere. Danni picked out a ball for herself setting it on the carousel and Ryan found one for himself.

“Beer?” Danni asked. Ryan nodded and she trotted off to the snack bar to order a pitcher. She brought beer, nachos, and fries back with her.

“You’re hungry?” Ryan asked.

“You can’t have beer without nachos and then I saw the fries and they looked so good. I mean, what kind of date would this be without beer and greasy food? I’m pretty sure it is required for proper bowling.” He stared at food warily as Danni poured beer into two cups. She handed him one.

“Your season is done, Ry. Indulge me now and I’ll make sure you eat healthy and are properly worked out all summer so when the season starts again you’ll be ready.”

He blushed and she smiled prettily at him. He grabbed a nacho dripping with cheese and stuffed it in his mouth, a glob of cheese left at the corner of his mouth. Danni leaned into him and licked it off.

“Delicious,” she declared. “Processed cheese is always the best.”

He hugged her and kissed her lightly. “You’re up first.”

“Such a gentleman.”

“That just means my mom raised me right.”

“Damn right she did. I’ll thank her one day.” She grabbed her ball and lined up, slinging it down the lane and then turning and walking off.

“You don’t watch?”

“Where it goes? No. It’ll land where it lands, right? I like to come back here and wait for the ball to go again.”

“What if you get a strike?”

“Then that little TV screen will tell me so and I’ll do a little dance.” Her ball appeared and she picked it up, doing the same as she picked up her spare. “Your turn.”

They bowled three games and had more nachos, Danni occasionally singing along with and dancing to the music playing before they headed back to Ryan’s place. It was after midnight when they climbed onto the elevator and Ryan hit the button for the roof.

“The roof?” Danni asked.

“That’s where the pool is.” Her eyes grew wide and Ryan smirked. The elevator doors opened and he pulled a key from his pocket, opening the door leading out to the pool. The only light came from the white lights strung around the roof deck and the moon in the sky. The lights in the pool were off. “I figure that after I have surgery, I won’t be able to do this for awhile so tonight is as good a night as any, right?” Danni kicked her shoe off and glided her toes through the water.

“I was right; it is heated.” She turned and smiled up at him. “Turn around.” Ryan did as asked, turning so his back was to Danni. She pulled her clothes off quickly, piling everything on a nearby chair and diving into the water. She surfaced as Ryan turned.

“Are you coming in or what?” Danni asked him, lifting her hand through the water and splashing him.

“Turn around,” he told her. She spun in the water and waited until she heard the splash behind her. She turned but didn’t see him. She shrieked when she felt him grab his ankles and then he surfaced beside her.

“Ryan!”

“What? I couldn’t see anything. It’s dark.”

“That was not nice.”

“I’m sorry.

“I’ll forgive you this time.”

“On what condition?”

“Who said anything about a condition?”

“There’s always a condition.”

“You could kiss me,” she said as she swam away from him.

“We’re naked though!” he called after her.

“I know. Live a little, Ry. Bet you can’t catch me.” He took off after her and she laughed before going under the water and swimming away. Ryan swam after her and she surfaced, leaning against the pool wall, her body hidden under the water. Danni could make out the shape of his body, the lines of hard muscle but everything stayed hidden in the shadows of the darkness. He swam up beside her and leaned against the wall next to her. Their hips touched under the water before Ryan lowered his head to hers and kissed her.

“I don’t know how you get me to do these things,” Ryan said lowly. “But I don’t care. I’m just glad you do.”

“I’m glad you’re willing to try new things with me.” She moved away from him, floating lazily at the other end of the pool. He could see the shape of her body, the hint of what lay underneath her clothes, what he couldn't help but to have thought about over the last three days.

“Think we should call it a night before we get busted?” Danni said from where she floated. Her legs went under the water and she treaded as Ryan moved towards her.

“Probably,” he answered when he was in front of her, a few inches between them. She reached out and let her hand move across his chest, rivulets of water running down him as her hands explored him. One hand gripped her hip and the other ran up her side, his fingers just skimming the side of her breast. Danni shivered at his touch.

She pushed back from him and looked up at him. “Fifth date,” she reminded him. “You have two more to go.”

“I’m going to be out of commission for at least two weeks though,” Ryan countered.

“Better figure it out, Nugie.”

“Is that a challenge?”

“Maybe...”

“I like a challenge.”

“I thought you might.” He moved towards her until her back hit the pool wall. He smiled down at her before swimming away to the other side of the pool. “Turn,” he told her. He could see her smile from across the pool but she turned and Ryan hopped out of the pool, wrapping a towel around his waist. “Okay. Come over here.” She swam over to where he stood and he held open a towel for her.

“Close your eyes,” Danni said. He obliged her and closed his eyes tightly. “No peeking” Danni said as she pulled herself out of the water, wrapping herself in the fluffy towel. Ryan wrapped it around her and held her tightly. “Okay, you can open them.” She smiled up at him. “Thanks for doing this. It was really fun.”

“It was really fun,” Ryan agreed before he kissed her.

“You’ve really never done this before?”

“Never.”

“So....do you think the guys are still there?”

Ryan frowned. “I didn't think that part out. I got towels up here earlier but didn’t think beyond that.”

“Hand me my clothes.” He grabbed her pile of clothes and handed them to her. “Now turn around and dry off.” When their backs were to each other, Danni dried off and pulled her clothes back on and Ryan did the same.

“Are you decent?” Ryan asked.

“Yeah.” Ryan turned. “And now we go face your boys.” She took his hand and they headed back downstairs. They stepped off the elevator laughing and into the condo where the other three players looked up from their game of Call of Duty on the couch.

“You’ve been gone for like four hours! Where did you go?” Justin demanded when he heard the door click open. He turned and his jaw fell open. “Your hair is wet. Why is your...holy fuck!” Justin shouted. “Holy fuck! You did not!”

“I have no idea what you are talking about,” Danni said, pulling Ryan behind her to his bedroom.

“I am so glad you’re staying!” Justin yelled after her. “I can’t wait to see what you make Ryan do next!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Somehow I keep forgetting to update and I make y'all wait for days before I update. I am so sorry. Someone poke me next time I do this.