Status: I'm choosing PG-13 just to be safe. Please, give some suggestions for the story, since this is my first published book..

Boys and Broadway Do Not Mix

Exhaustion or Content

May 10th, 2 days later

I sighed deeply for what seemed like the millionth time in the past two days alone. Whether it was out exhaustion or content I wasn't sure. But ,honestly, I could care less.

As punishment for my angry outburst, Nina had submitted me to scrubbing the whole house clean, while she and Thomas explored Napa for a week. I could've just hung out with Riley (and Will), but, no. My goody-goody ways overpowered my slight attitude so, I got on my knees and scrubbed the floors. Albeit, with their toothbrushes.

I was spraying lemon Windex (the one I know Thomas particularly despises and I use it as often as possible) on the big window by our door and hastily wiping it in. Just then, I saw someone walking towards our apartment. He walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. I got down from my perch on the windowsill; jumping down with the grace of an elephant. I ripped out my earbuds (which at the moment were blaring the Les' Miserables soundtrack) and without thinking swung open the door to a very startled Will.

Realization hit me like a ton of bricks:
1. It had been trapped in a crazed cleaning frenzy for TWO DAYS after that morning at Riley's house
2. I didn't think to call Will about our date....or anyone in general
3. I wasn't wearing anything but jeans and a sports bra, plus my hair was a complete mess

I saw him visibly gulp at my appearance. In my mind, I leaned against the door frame and giggled, twirling my hair flirtatiously. But, unfortunately, the real, incredibly shy me, crossed my arms over my chest, suddenly very aware of my terrible clothing choice. I nervously swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Uh, hey Will, um, come in. I wasn't expecting anyone, so, ah, excuse the....everything." I mumbled quietly as he walked into my still very messy home. "Lemme grab a shirt." I dashed upstairs without a second glance, grabbing the first thing off my dresser: a RENT t-shirt. I padded into the hallway to see Will walking up the stairs. My hands were tingling and I felt the blood rush up to my face making me dizzy. He was so close now; only a ruler's length away. I was suprised that he didn't hear my heart pounding in my chest.

"So, Morgan...." He began, his voice slowing my heart down a little. "Sorry to burst in like this, but, Riley said that you hadn't talked all weekend when I asked about you." I flushed, feeling a twinge of guilt. "I- ,WE tried calling, but you didn't answer." Will's perfect features were tainted with concern. Wait, CONCERN? He was concerned....about me...For some reason this boggled my mind; I mean, I'm just plain old Morgan. Will continued as my brow furrowed.

"So, um, we tried your parents, but they didn't answer either, which got me- er, US really worried." He seemed anxious about how I was going to reply, so, He hurriedly finished. " So, um, yeah, I wanted- WE wanted to see if you were okay." I stared at him, eyes wide. Will really was geniunely worried about me. I blushed beet red at the thought and shifted my feet.

"T-Thanks, I guess. My evil step 'rents are having me clean the entire house while they're frolicking around in Napa." I replied bitterly, leaning against the stair railing.

"Step 'rents?" He questioned. Oh yeah, Will's never seen Nina and Thomas. Should I tell him? Of course I should tell him! If we're going to be friends he deserves to know.

"Uh, yeah, I'm kinda adopted...." His eyes widened and then he cleared his throat. "Uh, do you need any help cleaning?" For some reason, the longer he was here, the more confident I felt. I sighed, this time I was sure it was in content.

"You know what, I'm almost done here." I turned to him and looked into his deep blue eyes, almost getting lost. "How about you come back in a little while and I take you up on that date?" His gorgeous blue orbs widened and Will smiled, showing of his perfect almost photoshopped teeth.

"That, would be....perfect, actually. Um, how about I take you to my favorite jam spot? We can finally have the jam session..." He rubbed the back of his neck shyly as he trailed off. I smiled timidly at him and nodded.

"That would be perfect."

********************************
2 hours later

I was slipping on a red baggy, one shoulder tee and black skinny jeans. I had called Riley and asked what one would wear on an activity with the male species. I didn't want to tell her I was seeing her twin brother just yet. I was so nervous, though. My brain kept telling me to calm down, 'it was just Will'. But, my heart countered with, '"JUST WILL?!" Don't you mean gorgeous, amazing, considerate, kind, HAWT Will??' You get the idea.

Oh god, I think I'm falling. Where to, I'm not sure, but I hope he - Will's there with me.

WE R WHO WE R!!!!!

My phone ringing knocked me out of reverie. It was Riley.

Riley: You've got your outfit on, right?

Riley had been sending me a virtual checklist since I told her that I had date, ever since Will left. I couldn't blame her though. This has been my first date since ... I inwardly shuddered at the thought of my last relationship from 4 years ago. My phone blared Ke$ha once again.

Riley: Remember, slight lip gloss. Put a little more on your bottom lip and you'll look totally kissable. Oh and.....don't think about Kyle, alright. That idiot is in the past and whoever this new guy is better be good to you or I will kill him myself.

Oh yes, thanks, for saying 'HIS' name. Now I can't help but think about him. Four years ago, during Freshman Year, I fell for (you guessed it!) the quarterback, Kyle Stacey. He was absolutely amazing to look at but, of course that was about it. Kyle was a perverted neanderthal and for some reason I was starstruck and completely devoted to him. Guess I shouldv'e seen it coming when he broke up with three months in because I wouldn't 'give it up'.

Me: Thanks Riles. I'll call you when it's over.

Riley was right, I needed to stop thinking about that imbecile.

I went into my bathroom and adjusted my makeup. I was wearing a light red on my eyes, cheeks, and lips. 'Totally kissable, huh?' Hopefully so. I mean, not that I was expecting anything to happen. I walked downstairs, slipped on my knee high chucks, and grabbed my backpack. Thankfully Thom and Nina were still gone and be gone till Monday. I tied my hair into a ponytail and grabbed my skateboard and started riding to Will's house.

There he sat, completely punctual (and looking like a god with the sunlight laced through his hair and making his hypnotizing blue eyes sparkle), on the hood of his JEEP waiting for me. I sighed inwardly content with the fact that he was waiting there for me, and hopefully no one else. I stepped off my board and walked the rest of the way to him.

"Hi." Will smiled cheesily at me and smiled right back, leaning against the warm hood beside him.

"Hey. So where are we going exactly." I questioned as he jumped down from the hood and took my hand. My pulse quickened at his touch.

"That, my dear Morgan, is a suprise." He gazed at me with those eyes and I nearly fainted.

"Oh, okay..." I replied lamely, still focused on our hands clasped together. Will smiled that dazzling smile and knew that he was going to be the death of me. The question was though, death by exhaustion or content?
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOAAAAA!!!!! Hey guys, I know it's been awhile (more like a month), but I've just entered the unforgiving and endless abyss that is middle school......And let me tell you, I was not prepared in any way.

Future plot points: The Jam Session, at least three more MorganxWill interactions