Status: Collab, in progress.

Creating Something Beautiful

Chapter Three

Chapter 3
Kellin:
I could feel the weight in the couch shift as Vic moved closer slowly moving away my… well his shirt.

“Do they hurt?" He asked gently placing his warm hand to my cold and slightly damp skin. My cheeks burned red as I shifted awkwardly feeling his eyes trail across the bruises. I can only imagine what he was seeing because I could feel the pain radiating as I moved. It was strange to feel someone touching me in such a gentle way and it was nearly heartbreaking when he moved his hand away.

“Look, just take my bed for the night," he said standing, “you took a pretty good beating back there."

“I guess even if I said no, you’d still make me sleep in there," I smiled as he nodded.

“Of course I would. Now come on, I’ll tuck you in," he winked pulling me from my spot on the couch. It was around midnight now so it wasn’t terribly late, but I hadn’t slept in three days and now it was finally hitting me. It didn’t take long for me to fall asleep after Vic tucked me in, just as he promised. I had only been asleep for about an hour when I was pulled from sleep by a loud buzz on the bedside table. I really didn’t mean to read the message but it was the only light in the room. I forced my tired body from the bed opening the door as quietly as I could, looking back down at the phone and the message.

~~ I don’t know what to do, Vic. Mom is still not home and I haven’t heard anything from her since she left for work- Mike~~

Vic was laying on the floor in the center of the small living area. My heartbeat quickened as he began to whimper. Not long after the first whimper he started to yell and thrash around under the covers. What the hell I’m I suppose to do? I was too afraid to wake him but he was having what seemed like a horrible dream and that Mike guy, who seemed to be his brother really needs him.

“Wake up." I got closer, watching where I stepped so I wouldn’t step on him “Vic, wake up!" I got louder as he started to move more frantically I was terrified for him. I did the only thing I could think of and sat down next to him and gently lifted his head into my lap brushing his hair from his damp head.
Vic:
“Dad, what are you doing? Stop!”
My pleas didn’t get through to him. His fist connected with my mom’s stomach, and as soon as she was there, she was gone. Now he was making his way to me. I backed up into a wall and slid down until my butt touched the cold tiled floor.
“Wake up.”
Was that…. Kellin? My dad was now standing before me. He now held a beer bottle. Where did that come from? He smirked, and the bottle came crashing down on my head. I screamed and held my face in my hands, feeling the warmth of my blood drip onto my hands and soak my hair. I looked up for a moment to find that my assailant had gone.
“Vic, wake up!”
I squeezed my eyes shut and covered my ears. I felt a cool hand brush over my forehead and I knew I was awake. I opened my eyes and let my tears spill over. I sobbed into Kellin’s lap, gripping my blanket.
“I-I’m s-s-sorry.” I cried.
“Shhh, you’re okay now.” He cooed, running his fingers through my hair.
When it seemed like I was finished, I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Kellin sat across from me, his legs crossed and his arms lying in his lap. He smiled warmly at me before yawning and I swear, that was the cutest yawn I’d ever seen.
“Um, thanks for uh… waking me up and all.” I mumbled, looking at the ground.
He waved me off, “It’s no big deal.”
I sat for a few more minutes, just kind of collecting my thoughts. I was going over the details of the dream when I heard my phone buzz. It must still be in my room. I got up, and entered my room to find my phone on the bedside table.
Mike – 2 text messages.
I took a moment to read them, and their contents worried me. I slipped it into my pocket and went straight to Tony’s room, shaking him awake.
“Ugh… What?” he mumbled.
“I’ve got to go check on Mikey. I’ll be back in a bit. Make sure Kellin gets something to eat and all that. Be nice.” I explained, nudging his arm.
“Okay, okay.” He said, rolling back over. I chuckled and left his room, closing the door behind me.
Once I stepped out into the living room, I noticed that Kellin had laid down where I slept and fallen asleep. I smiled, and scooped him up. I carefully tucked him back into my bed and left the apartment. I just hope Mikey is okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? <3 xoxoxo