Status: Collab, in progress.

Creating Something Beautiful

Chapter Two

Vic:

Today sucked. I hopped on the train, taking the seat closest to the door. I went to see my dad about child support for my brother. My mom was struggling to pay the bills and feed them. I hardly had enough to pay my part of the rent for the little apartment Tony and I shared and groceries, let alone giving some to my mom and brother. I worked full time at a little diner downtown and spent most of my weekends playing small bar gigs. I was able to cough up $200 this summer for Mike’s school supplies. Only two more years and he’ll be able to come live with me and Tony. It’ll be nice to have him around. I slumped back in my seat, waiting for the train to move again. Two more stops and I’ll be home.

“Faggot.” I heard someone whisper.

Just as I looked up to find the source, a young guy fell into my lap, startling me. His hand pushed against my chest as he picked himself up and looked at me sheepishly. I watched his cheeks turn a bright shade of red and his raven black hair fell over a beautiful pair of blue-green eyes as he tried to keep his balance.

"I-I umm," he whispered, backing up.

I stood and nodded toward my seat, letting him know he could take it. After all, he was much too cute to stand. I chuckled lowly to myself before he looked back at me to protest.

"I can’t take your seat.” He frowned, pushing hair out of his eyes.

I stepped to the side and held a standing bar lightly with one hand, “It’s okay, I’ve been sitting to long anyway.”

He finally gave in, sitting down. I looked forward, thinking about my dad’s comments earlier today. He called my mother trash when he’s the one who hit her so many times and wastes Mike’s money on alcohol and cigarettes

~~~

“Maybe if you wouldn’t spend all your time getting drunk off your ass, you’d have the money.” I spat, getting up from my chair.

“Yeah, and maybe I should’ve told your mother to go through with the abortion when we first found out about you.”

I froze in place, turning to him.

“You turned out to be a waste of space faggot son, anyway.”

Tears threatened to spill over but I refused to let him win.

“Fuck you, you old sack of shit.” I said, walking out the door and slamming it behind me.

~~~

I felt his eyes on me as we neared the last stop. As soon as I turned to look at him, his gaze went to the floor. I realized that my standing became unnecessary by the time we stopped but shrugged it off. The guy who fell in my lap practically sprinted off the train as soon as the door opened. Some older man followed his actions, and got off fairly quickly. That’s when I looked to my previously occupied seat and saw a 10 dollar bill. I picked it up and walked off, in search of the boy. I’m sure I’ll find him near customer service. He doesn’t look like he’s from here.

I decided to take a slight detour and made my way to the bathroom. It was gross, but I really had to go. I pushed the door open to find who I was looking for but not the way I wanted to. My blood boiled as I stepped behind the old man who was groping the now shirtless, pale boy. He heard me and decided to turn around, but not before I slammed his head into a nearby sink. He slumped to the ground, unconscious. I sighed, looking to the abused guy I met earlier. He slowly sat up and wiped his tear-stained cheeks with the back of his hand. I found his discarded shirt and gave it to him, smiling lightly and pulling him to his feet.

“Th-thanks.” He mumbled, pulling the shirt over his head.

I chuckled, “Don’t mention it. That old bastard deserved it. Oh, by the way..” I presented his missing money and his frown was replaced with a smile.

“I’m K-Kellin.” He stuttered, pushing his hair out of his face.

“Well, Kellin, I’m Vic. You don’t have a place to stay, now do you?”

He looked down frowning, “Um, no. I-I don’t….”

I grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the disgusting bathroom, “You do now.”

Kellin:
My mind was a blur as I was forcefully pushed on the cold wall once more. I nearly went limp as I felt a rough hand slip under my thin shirt sending unwelcome shivers throughout my small body. It wasn’t long before my shirt was completely gone and he was fully groping me.

My heart was beating a million miles a minuet but suddenly stopped as I hear the door knob turn seeing the light spilling from the cracks as it opened. He didn’t seem to register it when I did only just now turning to see the boy who had given me his seat stepping in with a rather dissatisfied look forming on his face.

Merely moments after he turned the boy had quickly smashed the mans head into a near by sink. All I could do was watch holding my body close as my tears fell slowly down hot cheeks. Before I even looked up he was offering a hand and my now filthy shirt, I took both standing as I pulled the dirty shirt over my now red body.

I mumble a thanks feeling embarrassed that he had walked in on that, but I quickly smiled seeing my money in his hand. After a small introduction he asked if I had a place to stay making me frown. For a moment I considered lying because I had already been such a burden for him but I was to afraid to be by myself.

“Um, no. I-I don’t….” I said looking down to my toms. With no hesitation he grabbed my hand happily stating I now did. It was strange I was actually allowing him to hold my hand and take me home with him, not that I had anything to lose.

It was a full ten minutes before he realized our hands were still together and looked at me as I blushed. To be perfectly honest as he gently moved his comforting hand away the warmth was replaced with a sad anxious feeling. Where I was now wasn’t much like my home, and I couldn’t be happier of that.

“Kellin," Vic said lightly tugging on my arm trying to break me from my thoughts to tell me to follow him up the stairs. I stood fiddling with the tip of my shirt that had ripped earlier.

“Vic, are you sure it’s okay that I stay here with you?" I asked noting how much I enjoyed saying his name. He smiled as someone opened the door looking at me with a strangely welcoming smile.

“Kellin, this is Tony my room mate," he smiled high-fiving him as we both walked over the thresh hold. Their apartment wasn’t very big but they seemed to make it work keeping things organized and clean. I stoop near the door rubbing the back of my head slowly.

“Come on in," they joked smiling, “actually if you want you can take a shower," Vic said looking at my dirty hands that I had used to sit myself up on the filthy bathroom floor.

I smiled politely, “Thank you but I didn’t bring any clothes." They looked at each other and laughed light heartedly.

“Just borrow some of mine," he said pointing to his room. I walked over to it rather disparate to take a shower and put some new clothes on, I quickly picked up a pair of old looking skinny jeans with a worn shirt. The shower was more than inviting giving off a warm steam allowing me to think for the first time in days.

At first it stung under the water but soon it evened out into a warm temperature. What was I thinking? How could I have done this? I couldn’t stay here forever but I didn’t have a plan. All of my thoughts rushed at me nearly causing me to have a panic attack as they hit me like a train.

After thoroughly cleaning my hair and body I stepped on the tile floor drying my body before slipping on Vic’s clothes. I opened the door after hanging up my towel and walked out to find Tony and Vic siting on the couch playing guitars, before I could ask what they were playing Vic turned to me smiling a warm smile offering me a seat.

I was careful not to sit on him again and tried actually not to touch him that way I wasn’t over exceeding my boundaries but as I sat pain shot through my back forcing a whimper to part my pink lips. They both looked at me rather worried as I awkwardly averted my eyes to the ground. I guess it was safe to say there were a few bruises running down my back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really love writing this so far <3
I especially love writing as Vic... it's a bit of a change since I'm normally the one writing as Kellin.
Thanks for reading.
Comment, subscribe and recommend!
xoxo