Sequel: I Won't Give Up
Status: Active Updates

That's Hockey, Baby

Chapter 12

3 days after Christmas

"Ell, you and Patrick are gonna be in New York for New years, you leave tomorrow! Call me back and thank me later kisses".

I sighed as I put my phone down. Ever since Christmas I've tried to keep my distance from all things hockey, which included my dad and Patrick. I laid back in bed, it was only 913 in the morning and I was tired.

5 minutes after I finally got comfortable with a nice movie, someone was knocking on my door. I decided to let them knock, if it was important the person would call later.

"Ella, are you up"

I groaned as I stuffed my face in my pillow, "how'd you even get in here"

"Door was open. Did you talk to Catherine yet"

"Yeah I just listened to her voice mail", I said, deciding to sit up, "You know, you could've just like texted me instead of barging in here"

"Well I texted you a good 10 times in the past couple days and I thought you were dead", he shrugged.

We were interrupted by my phone ringing, I looked at the screen "Catherine" I sighed and answered it.

"Hey Cat, whats up. You're on speaker, Patricks here", I said as I answered.

"Friends with benefits", Catherine asked and I could see her in my head raising her perfectly arched eyebrow.

"NO", I gasped as Patrick tackled me on the bed. I pushed him as he chuckled to himself.

"Just asking", Catherine said, "Anyways, I assume you both got my message".

"New York here I come", Patrick yelled into the phone and I rolled my eyes.

"Just to make it clear, I'm his girlfriend, not his babysitter. If he gets drunk off his ass I'm not babysitting him", I said.

"Girlfriend", Patrick whispered to me as he smirked, I rolled my eyes.

"Fake girlfriend, but still not the point", I said.

"Of course, you'll both be doing interviews and attending the New Years party together. There will be lots of media so make sure to be nice", Catherine said and I knew she was speaking specifically to me.

"Got it", I nodded.

Catherine hung up the phone and told us to go pack since our flight leaves at 6am tomorrow morning.

"Are you just gonna sit here. Go pack", I said as I got out of bed.

"Im hungry", he complained as he made himself comfortable on the bed.

"I don't have food here so", I said, rummaging through my dressers.

"How do you not have any food", he asked, scrunching his eyebrows.

"Cant cook and I usually just eat out", I said as I pulled my suitcase in front of my dresser.

"I'll help you pack only if you promise we can eat after", he jumped off my bed to join me on the floor.

"I never asked you for help", I replied.

"I need to make sure my girlfriend makes me look good and you're not packing any grandma outfits", he pulled out a shirt from my dresser and tossed it aside, "like this".

I gave in and let Patrick help me pack. We packed for 40 minutes before I was satisfied with the clothes I was bringing.

"I'm starved", he sighed dramatically.

I rolled my eyes, "go get dressed and well eat".

_______________________

"Ella, I just realized I don't know anything about you", Patrick said as he ate his wings. We decided on lunch at Harry Carays.

I laughed, "What do you wanna know"

"Whats your favorite color, how did you do in school, who's your best friend, favorite food, favorite place…stuff like that".

"Why"

"I'm curious, I mean all I really know is that you were the coaches daughter who hated me", he shrugged.

"Hated? Its past tense now", I joked.

"Wheres your favorite place to go", he asked.

"Probably the beach at night. Its so peaceful and calm and its beautiful that you can see all the stars", I smiled as I thought of it. Patrick nodded taking it all in.

"Why'd you come back to Chicago all of a sudden? Its like I met you that one summer and then you disappeared".

"I went to college in New York and I was always really busy there with dance and I was on broadway for a season. But when I found out that my dad decided to come off his meds I figured I'd come back to Chicago in case I needed to take care of him, he's been doing fine though", I smiled, taking a sip of my diet coke.

"Have you ever been in love?"

Good question.

"Im not sure", I sighed, "I've never really had anyone to love"

"what about Marty", he asked.

"It was always more casual I guess. I think he loves me, but I don't know, its just nice to have someone there for you when you need it and I guess thats what he was", I sighed, "I'm not even sure what love feels like".

"It'll just feel right", Patrick smiled, "like nothing matters but that person and you just can't get her off your mind. Like you always want her to be happy and feel the same way you do. Then , every little thing reminds you of them. Seeing something simple around the house brings them to your mind It’s addictive and you know it and you know you’d do anything for this person because there’s nothing better than seeing them smile at you"

"Patrick Kane has a heart, who knew", I said as I saw him blush.

"Its how I feel", he shrugged one shoulder, "Have you ever felt that way", he asked and he almost sounded nervous.

"Oh, no, I don't think so", I said and I hated how I sounded like a heartless bitch, damn Ella, I scolded myself.

"Waiting for the right person huh", Patrick smirked.

I nodded, "How about you"

"Ever been in love", Patrick chuckled and I nodded.

"I googled you before I got talked into this", I motioned to us, "And you seemed to get around"

He just laughed, "I never loved them. It was a quick fix, kind of like you explained Marty, but just with different girls"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh so close to 100 subscribers, thank you guys!! I love the comments, keep them coming:)