Sequel: I Won't Give Up
Status: Active Updates

That's Hockey, Baby

Chapter 13

"Mr. Kane", I looked up from my seat to see a flight attendant standing next to our seats. She resembled a barbie doll; perfect straight, blonde hair, red lips, and a mega watt smile. I felt a pang of jealously for the woman I didn't even know, but quickly shook it off.

"Would you like any beverages", the woman asked us and I smiled politely and shook my head no. I glanced at Patrick to see him also shake his head no before I continued looking out the window.

"If you get tired of her", I could hear the flight attendant whisper, I looked over to see her lips practically kissing Patricks ear, "Im here".

I put one hand on Patricks thigh and held his hand with the other, "Thats not necessary", I smirked at the flight attendant. She didn't drop her smile, just smirked before sauntering off.

"Skank", I mumbled more to myself than anyone before returning to my window seat view.

"Jealous", Patrick smirked, he was still holding my hand and playing with my fingers.

"As if. I can't let people think I'm the type of girl who lets girls like that flirt with their boyfriend in front of me", I said.

"I like it", Patrick smirked and I rolled my eyes good naturedly.

I woke in the middle of the flight to see I fell asleep with my head on Patricks shoulder, our hands still intertwined. I smiled at how cute it probably looked.

"Are you awake", Patrick whispered, I lifted my head.

"I think its kinda obvious", I laughed. He gently touched my hair before pulling my head back onto his shoulder. We slept that way for the rest of the ride, being awoken when the pilot came over the speakers to let us know we had safely landed.

_______________________

We got to our hotel at 10 and had to basically just drop our bags off and leave for an interview. I changed into http://www.polyvore.com/winter/set?id=90524250 before heading out.

"What, Abbys here and Patrick", I said excitedly as we entered the interview building. We were taken backstage and as we waited in the wings we could watch Abby and Patrick getting interviewed.

"Yeah, the whole team was invited down here".

I nodded as we waited for ours. I was nervous, me and Patrick never did a interview together yet and I was afraid we would slip up on some facts and look stupid.

As if he was reading my mind, Patrick took my hand and squeezed it, "It'll be fine", he said as he led me to the chairs. I didn't even realize Abby and Patrick had finished.

"And now we're here with Patrick Kane and Ella Watson from the Chicago Blackhawks, I'm Marykate and you're watching blackhawks tv", the interviewer boomed into the camera.

"SO nice to meet you both, so Patrick, I'm gonna start the questions off with you, is that okay", she asked us both and Patrick nodded as he took my hand and intertwined our fingers, I was beginning to notice he did that when he was nervous.

"Most people have seen interviews before about your relationship, answering the basic questions, so we're gonna be different and hopefully funner", she smiled, "What was your first impression of Ella"

Patrick chuckled and ran his free hand through his hair, also a nervous trait, "Well when I first saw her when we met at the draft party I thought she was hot", he shrugged, "Then I accidentally dropped my plate and it ruined her new dress and I thought she was a drama queen"

Marykate laughed and continued with the questions, "Who wears the pants in the relationship"

"Me.", we both answered at the same time, causing Marykate to laugh again.

"Does she play any sports".

"She thinks she does", Patrick smirked and glanced at me, "She dances so decide for yourself"

"Its a sport", I said matter of factly.

"When and where was your first kiss?"

"Christmas eve", Patrick said and my jaw almost dropped.

Of course, Christmas eve was the first time I really kissed him back, but I thought he was so drunk he wouldn't remember.

"What do you love about Ella?"

"I…I love that she's so sassy, all the time; you never know whats gonna come out of her mouth. She’s comfortable being herself, which I really love. She always tries to act tough which is adorable. I love the way she dresses and how she pretends to get annoyed with me. I love how she gets jealous easily, but always denies it. How I can make her blush, see she's doing it right now", he said as he smirked at me, and sure enough I felt my cheeks heating up, "All my reasons were just the small ones, but I can’t really list down everything. There’s just not enough days in a month, or even the year for that. All I know is that I’m really happy with her, and I can’t ask for more"

The interview went by quickly, and Marykate saved most of the hard questions for Patrick. We left the interview building and planned dinner with Abby and Patrick for later.

We got in our rental car and Patrick insisted on driving home. We drove in silence for most of the ride, with just the radio playing. I kept replaying what he said he loved about me in my head over and over again. I knew I shouldn't think too much of it, but I couldn't help it, he sounded so sincere. And that wasn't in the script that Catherine had sent us to prepare for today, in Catherines it sounded too cliche; 'I love her eyes and smile and her'.

"If you weren't driving right now I'd kiss you", I said, breaking the silence. He glanced at me, his eyes widening. Mine did too as I realized I said my thoughts out loud.

He swerved the car to the side of the road abruptly, "Not driving anymore".

I laughed as I felt heat rise to my cheeks once again. He slowly took my cheek in the palm of his hand and looked into my eyes . "I'm going to kiss you".

I closed my eyes and let me lose my self in his kiss. His tongue gently parted my lips. His fingers were tangled in the back of my hair, tugging lightly I lifted my hand to the side of his face, tracing the lines of his cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
None of the books I read on here are updating, it's so upsetting:( Lol but that means I'm bored and writing more so here you go, let me know whatcha think!