Sequel: I Won't Give Up
Status: Active Updates

That's Hockey, Baby

Chapter 3

"So Ell, tell me about New Yawk", my dad teased over dinner. He was convinced that I developed an accent.

"New York, is great - busy but its such an experience. I guest judged on So You Think You Can Dance a couple times and just did guest performances for movies and shows, I'm glad to have a break", I said.

"Tomorrows the Thanksgiving dinner with the team", my dad said in between bites, and I knew that was his way of inviting me over.

"Where?"

"Sharp and Abbys house, I can pick you up when I leave at 4", my dad said and I agreed.

"What do I wear", I asked curiously.

"You'll figure out something princess, its fancy", my dad said and I rolled my eyes. What does that even mean.

"What did I tell you about rolling those beautiful eyes, they're gonna stay like that", my dad scolded me like I was 5 again.

_____________________________________

I got dressed into http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=89708132 for the Thanksgiving Party. I couldn't decide what to do with my hair so I tossed it into a quick bun on the top of my head.

"ELLA, Its wonderful to see you again! You look stunning as ever", Abby, Patrick Sharps wife, said as me and my dad walked into the party. I smiled and thanked her politely.

I lost my dad in the sea of people and decided to head over to the snack and drink table.

"So you look older but still dress like a grandma", I looked up to see Patrick Kane smirking in front of me.

"Stalk much", I hissed as I grabbed myself a diet pop.

He was wearing dark jeans and a dark blue button up jacket. He looked nice but Id never admit it, I was trying to process the fact that I even admitted it to myself, who was I turning in to.

"Whats on your head, a ball", he said as he reached up to touch my bun. I quickly swatted his hand away from me, causing him to fall back and knock over the punch bowl. I sighed loudly as punch spilled everywhere, thankfully not on me.

"Smooth", I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Ella what happened", my dad said walking over to the table, looking worried.

"Ella tripped and knocked over the punch bowl, Im just cleaning it up though, every things fine coach, nice to see you", Patrick said as he quickly dropped to the floor and smiled politely up at my father who scowled at me.

"Ella I taught you better than that, go grab some napkins and clean up your mess", my dad said leading me to the kitchen. When I got back the mess was all still there but Patrick was standing smugly in front of it.

"Better clean up your mess Ellie", he winked before sauntering off to go hang on some ice girls arm. Such an asshole, I mumbled to myself as I wiped up the mess.

"Glad to see things really don't change that much, you're still clumsy as ever", I looked up to see Jonathan Toews looking down at me. I laughed and stood up, throwing out the towels I used to clean up Patricks mess.

"I swear it wasn't me, I accidentally pushed Patrick and he knocked the punch all over and made me clean it up", I explained.

"Nothings changed, we missed you in Chicago", Jonathan said giving me a huge hug, "Even Kaner".

He had on black dress pants like Patrick but with an Red button up shirt. He also looked really nice, and I had no problem admitting it because unlike his best friend, Jonathan was actually a decent human being.

"I missed you too, you look nice", I complimented him.

"Same to you shortstack. Anyways if you still have your fake ID, we're all going to a club later on, you in?".

I glared at my old nickname, "I've gotten taller first of all, and second I'm legal now!"

Jonathan just laughed and we made small talk before he excused himself to go talk to Hossa.
♠ ♠ ♠
short and sweet:) Or not so sweet but anyways lol! I'll update more later today since this was so short! Comment and subscribe and recommend if you like it!